The Bonfire

The bones that I saw on TV were pretty small fragments. Is there any detailed, believable account as to how they got that way? They must have had to cut the body up before putting it in the fire. When and how did they do that? The the next dat the bones probably would have been smashed in to the small pieces we saw. Did anybody see him smashing anything at the fire pit? Why wouldn't he have collected all the bones and dumped them somewhere that they'd never be found? Just seems odd that he can clean his house of her trace of TH, yet he leaves her bones out there in the open.

I was struck by how fragmented those bones were too. I've had a lot of pit fires, camp fires ect and I know that chopping around hard, with a shovel can have a similar effect on tree branches and stuff, but they didn't look chard enough, to me, (at least some of them didn't ) to have that effect, the splinters, looked so different, from the rest of the remains, if she was completely burned inside a barrel or other container, with really forcefull shovel chopping, then I could see it producing that result... I don't know, I was just puzzled by that also.

This is something I came across while looking to see if there had been any other unknown murders that included a burnt corpse. Thought maybe there could be a serial killer on the loose, What i did come across was this article stemming from a burning of a corpse in Wisconsin. I am not saying that he is suspect or anything. but what I did find interesting was this one comment.

"County investigators along with workers from the Rock County Coroner's office have spent the day at the scene looking for evidence."
This was even before they found the bones on the property.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Police-look-for-missing-teen-229921881.html

He to burned a body in a fire pit behind his home. This may sound morbid, but I wonder what the difference is between the victim in this case and the remains of TH are, if any.

This is something I came across while looking to see if there had been any other unknown murders that included a burnt corpse. Thought maybe there could be a serial killer on the loose, What i did come across was this article stemming from a burning of a corpse in Wisconsin. I am not saying that he is suspect or anything. but what I did find interesting was this one comment.

"County investigators along with workers from the Rock County Coroner's office have spent the day at the scene looking for evidence."

He to burned a body in a fire pit behind his home. This may sound morbid, but I wonder what the difference is between the victim in this case and the remains of TH are, if any.

They say he had to fed the fire for 2 days.

That's some interesting reading. I found a few other things of interest...

Middleton's story is that he panicked, a strange claim as he then admits to carefully cleaning his home of all evidence of Aprina being there and hiding her body. Then, while his fiancée went into town to buy supplies to make s'mores, he placed Aprina's body in a fire pit that he dug for this purpose, covered her with wood and kerosene, and set her remains on fire. He and his fiancée sat by the fire until midnight, presumably roasting marshmallows. Middleton burned Aprina's remains for three days.

A search warrant (HERE, 5 page pdf) resulted in officers seizing over 100 items including: a chainsaw, tools, women's makeup, fixtures, material from the burn pit, sixteen possible teeth,a bag of marijuana and many other items. What else was found?

http://wethepeopledanecounty.blogspot.com/2014/06/what-happened-to-aprina-paul-media.html

Bones and bone fragments recovered from the fire pit will be examined this week, Rock County Coroner Jenifer Keach said.

http://www.gazettextra.com/article/20131104/ARTICLES/131109917

Hmmm... Three days to burn her body which still resulted in full bones as well as bone fragments and at least half of her teeth.

RE: the articles above:
didn't one of the articles also say that a neighbor said the fire was going constantly for days... it was going when they went to bed at night, still going in the morning when they woke up and all day.

interesting that you point out that about her teeth sinsaint.... how many of TH's teeth were found?

RE: the articles above:
didn't one of the articles also say that a neighbor said the fire was going constantly for days... it was going when they went to bed at night, still going in the morning when they woke up and all day.

interesting that you point out that about her teeth sinsaint.... how many of TH's teeth were found?

I apparently have to type a bunch of stuff So... Just one.

I apparently have to type a bunch of stuff So... Just one.

LOL
thanks! I thought so, but wasn't sure. ugggh the more I read and look into this case the more I am having a hard time believing SA did this. *sigh*

I have read here and on other forums that if Teresa's body had actually been burning in the pit behind Steven's home why had no one smelled her body being burned?

Is it safe to guess that the rubber tires could have masked the smell...along with other things being burnt?I do not know as I have never smelled a burning body.I also assume that the other family members had their windows closed as it was Oct 31st in Wisconsin.Can't imagine windows or doors being open.

I would think that a burning body would smell like a barbeque - cooking meat, no? Rubber tires and hair might smell bad, acrid and cover that smell but I don't imagine burning human smells worse than burning cow or pig, right?

Avery denied doing anything Halloween night. He never mentioned he had a bonfire. He claimed he was watching TV after eating dinner at his mom's house. This was during his interview with police after they picked him up on the felony weapons charge. He talked to them for a couple hours or so, off and on. Said nothing about working on a vehicle in his garage in which he "spilled" something that needed to be cleaned up, said nothing about seeing his nephew that night, said nothing about his fires. I read the transcript of his interview with police from that day (Nov 9th or whatever the day they took him in).

Why was Avery hiding these activities from police? Makes one think something hinky was going on and that's why he chose to lie about it.

Avery denied doing anything Halloween night. He never mentioned he had a bonfire. He claimed he was watching TV after eating dinner at his mom's house. This was during his interview with police after they picked him up on the felony weapons charge. He talked to them for a couple hours or so, off and on. Said nothing about working on a vehicle in his garage in which he "spilled" something that needed to be cleaned up, said nothing about seeing his nephew that night, said nothing about his fires. I read the transcript of his interview with police from that day (Nov 9th or whatever the day they took him in).

Why was Avery hiding these activities from police? Makes one think something hinky was going on and that's why he chose to lie about it.

Madeleine - do you have a link for the Avery police transcripts ? TIA ...

I would think that a burning body would smell like a barbeque - cooking meat, no? Rubber tires and hair might smell bad, acrid and cover that smell but I don't imagine burning human smells worse than burning cow or pig, right?

Not if there are huge tires covering it, the body could have been cut up too. Being around the Avery property, I would imagine the smells are typical of a junkyard, so the smell was not noticeable?

He said he slept in his vehicle that night.

He said he slept in his vehicle the night before (meaning the night before they arrested him).

To see what he said he was doing the night of Oct 31, 2005, go to page 16 of that link I posted above.

attachment.php

------------------------
Why was Avery lying?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-01-23 23.16.29.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-01-23 23.16.29.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 155
He said he slept in his vehicle the night before (meaning the night before they arrested him).

To see what he said he was doing the night of Oct 31, 2005, go to page 16 of that link I posted above.

attachment.php

------------------------
Why was Avery lying?

The way I understand it, all these events occurred on Oct31. Call me confused!

He is lying, no confusion with that.

Page 15 & 16 he details his activities on Monday Oct 31, 2005. That's the timeframe he's being asked about then, in those passages on those pages.

He is lying, no confusion with that.

Page 15 & 16 he details his activities on Monday Oct 31, 2005. That's the timeframe he's being asked about then, in those passages on those pages.

Ok gotcha now! :cheers: "Last night", meaning the night before he was served the warrant.

I don't believe he is lying. I think he just the same routine every day, and is blending his days in. Also, they pushed him into a corner.

Maybe the bonfire was just something they needed people to admit to so they can explain why the bones were planted there. Maybe there never was one on that day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back