Grapefruit smell makes women look younger to men

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A Chicago researcher claims the smell of grapefruit will make women appear five years younger than they are to men.

But the reverse is not true in that the aroma of the citrus fruit had no significant effect on how women perceive the age of males,

"That suggests either that men are more easily influenced by a woman's aroma or that women are so adroit at estimating age that nothing will impact on them," said Hirsch.

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050526-015919-6847r.htm

SO glad I live in Florida where Grapefruit is grown:dance:

I am going to by a tree!

A Chicago researcher claims the smell of grapefruit will make women appear five years younger than they are to men.

But the reverse is not true in that the aroma of the citrus fruit had no significant effect on how women perceive the age of males,

"That suggests either that men are more easily influenced by a woman's aroma or that women are so adroit at estimating age that nothing will impact on them," said Hirsch.

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050526-015919-6847r.htm

:: frantically digging out Gloom Away perfume by Origins:::
Yippeeee

This is why I wear Marc Jacobs Grapefruit. I figure it's cheaper than a face lift.

Actually, I just squeeze the fruit all over me before I leave the house in the morning. Nobody believes it when I tell them my true age!:)

Omg, this is too funny. I bought some grapefruit body spray a few months ago. When I put it on both my husband and my son were like "ew, what is that smell". NEVER has my husband disliked a perfume or body spray I've used...until grapefruit.

This is why I wear Marc Jacobs Grapefruit. I figure it's cheaper than a face lift.

Damn! If I only knew then what I have just learned today. Perhaps it's not too late for me. Well, for someone else who could trip upon my new fruitfull scent!!! :D

So, I guess I should say goodbye to CK "One", eh? Does anyone know if it works with apple scent? I have a sack here and I'm wondering if I slice them up and rub the juice all over me if I could find a new Fall friend??? Other than some Fall hornets who love the scent.... I would hate to have a secondary scent be Raid.

Does anyone know exactly how much I need to look 18 again?

Does anyone know exactly how much I need to look 18 again?

Honestly, I have no clue. But, I was thinking at my "new age phase", I'd probably need a damn orchard to look 30 again!!!! That sucks since I live in New England. Not exactly a grapefruit tree orchard area. :crazy: That was why I asked about apples. I'm guessing I'd only get the apple cider affect. My luck, it would dry me out even more....

Honestly, I have no clue. But, I was thinking at my "new age phase", I'd probably need a damn orchard to look 30 again!!!! That sucks since I live in New England. Not exactly a grapefruit tree orchard area. :crazy: That was why I asked about apples. I'm guessing I'd only get the apple cider affect. My luck, it would dry me out even more....

Anything with grapefruit smells like kerosene on me. I have heard that the smell of cinnamon acts as an aphrodiasic to most men.

I carry a bottle of grapefruit essential oil with me for whiffing purposes. It's supposed to curb hunger when you smell it.

I've never worn it as a perfume though. I stick with Patchouli essential oil for that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back