GUILTY CA - Vanessa Rincon for near-fatal stabbing of 3yo son, Fresno, 4 May 2010

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Fresno mom stabs toddler son up to 20 times
Posted: 05/05/2010 07:52:45 AM PDT
Updated: 05/05/2010 07:52:46 AM PDT

FRESNO — Police say a Fresno mother plunged a knife into her 3-year-old son up to 20 times, then pushed him down apartment complex stairs.

Police Chief Jerry Dyer said Tuesday that the woman then yelled hysterically at paramedics to leave the toddler alone.

snip

The police chief says the woman was arrested and will likely be booked for investigation of attempted murder. Police didn't release her name, but the woman's sister identified her as 30-year-old Vanessa Rincon, and she said the wounded boy, Noah Rincon, turned 3 on April 13.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15022208

Boy, 3, still critical after stabbing by mom
Posted at 09:05 AM on Wednesday, May. 05, 2010

"There are stab wounds all over this child's body," he said.

The boy was reported in critical condition Tuesday at Community Regional Medical Center.

The woman told officers she stabbed her son, but police do not know why she did it, Dyer said.

A 2-month-old girl was found unharmed in the woman's apartment on the 3600 block of Pleasant Avenue.

snip

Dyer said police got the first of three calls at 3:49 p.m. A neighbor said he saw the boy outside the apartment with four stab wounds yell "Mommy."
A witness told police the mother pushed the boy down the staircase, Dyer said. Paramedics found the boy on a landing halfway down a staircase from a second-floor apartment. The woman screamed at paramedics, telling them not to revive the child, Dyer said. She had to be restrained by police officers.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/05/05/1921368/fresno-police-at-scene-of-possible.html#ixzz0n5ZPwpDZ

oh for the love of god :(

how is the baby even alive?

I'm local. The woman also had a little girl (younger) that was taken by CPS. The woman's sister said she was a single mom raising two kids.

I'm local. The woman also had a little girl (younger) that was taken by CPS. The woman's sister said she was a single mom raising two kids.

i'm single mom raising two kids for past 8yrs....omg, i couldn't even imagine....what's wrong with people :banghead:

assuming she doesnt get off on insanity, her lawyer is gonna have a hard sell for lienency when the judge/jury hears that she told emts not to revive him.

i'm single mom raising two kids for past 8yrs....omg, i couldn't even imagine....what's wrong with people :banghead:

ITA!!!!!! I raised 4 by myself for awhile. The reason that statement stuck out to me (on the tv interview from last night) was because the sister wasn't crying, and IMO put it out there like it was some sort of a reasonible and valid response for what happened!

im betting that boy was tortured for a long time.

:banghead::banghead: She needs to be stabbed 20 times and thrown down a flight of stairs and NOT REVIVED!! :loser: :loser:

I'm praying for this little boy :angel:- may he be okay and placed with someone that will take care of him and love him forever.:angel:

I hope this poor baby survives this and spends the rest of his life being loved.

I wonder why it says a witness saw him with 4 wounds and he said mommy. Didn't this person jump in to stop her or they just didn't see all the wounds? If you see something like that you should jump in and fight for the child.

Wonder what her background is? Is she bi-polar, phsyzophrenic. Sometimes those voices tell you to do terrible things - insanity. No "normal" mother would do such a thing. Drugs/alcohol?

None of these are an excuse - but would help me understand the brain better. I really want to know why people commit such acts -- there has to be an answer.

Bless little Noah....my prayers are with him.

Mel

Our local news will be on in 20 minutes - I'll see if there is anything new.

As far as why didn't the "witness lady" jump in and do anything - I listened back on the RR archives for yesterday and this is what I've heard so far -

Transmission : "About that call where the child fell down the stairs... he's concious and breathing"

Transmission : "We're going to need a spanish speaker out here"...

JMO - I think the witness lady just thought he fell down the stairs and got bloody from that - or there was a language barrier with the cops that were the first to arrive....I'm not sure if anybody actually witnessed what happened. I'll keep listening....

I hope this poor baby survives this and spends the rest of his life being loved.

I wonder why it says a witness saw him with 4 wounds and he said mommy. Didn't this person jump in to stop her or they just didn't see all the wounds? If you see something like that you should jump in and fight for the child.

It's so tough to say what we would do in situations. Especially situations like this. Honestly, if i came upon some lunatic who was getting all stabby and is obviously a crazy cakes I doubt I'd jump in between the mom and child. Now, I'd call 911 for sure. Maybe even try and drag the child out ofharms way, BUT standing up and fighting a woman with a knife who stabs her own child this way? I think it would cross my mind my own kids need a mother.

Then again you just do not know. I saw an elderly woman get mugged and against my better judgement ran to help. The guy who pummelled and pushed this poor lady was huge. It was obvious he was one nasty SOB breaking a 90 year old or so ladies ribs, arm and nose. It just kicked in for me that this lady needed my help.

We just never know.

Oh, this is a very violent crime. I"d say hate based. I wonder what happened that set her off. Three year olds can be trying but, geez. I hope they put her away for a very long time.

ok - according to the 6 o'clock news she is at a mental health facility instead of the jail. When she is formally "arrested" she will be charged with Attempted murder, Child Abuse, & Cruelty. Her sister repeated she had abused drugs in the past - but didn't think she was using right now. A Talking Head on tv stated "she needs to be evaluated" for both substances and mental issues. They also want to know if she reached out to anybody in the community or family members. God I hate that phrase.

No updates from neighbors in the other apts. I'll watch again at 11.

ok - according to the 6 o'clock news she is at a mental health facility instead of the jail. When she is formally "arrested" she will be charged with Attempted murder, Child Abuse, & Cruelty. Her sister repeated she had abused drugs in the past - but didn't think she was using right now. A Talking Head on tv stated "she needs to be evaluated" for both substances and mental issues. They also want to know if she reached out to anybody in the community or family members. God I hate that phrase.

No updates from neighbors in the other apts. I'll watch again at 11.

Thanks for the update! Did anyone see the Dr. Phil show yesterday? A bio-egg-donar mentally abused her child because she (the child) looked like her ex-husband. Lot of that going on right now - truly scary what I watched.

Mel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77