Budget cuts may cancel or suspend Casey trial

Aedrys

If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
Reaction score
Clerk of Courts: Casey Anthony trial could be "canceled or suspended"
Orange County Clerk of Courts Lydia Gardner says threatened cuts to her budget could put Casey Anthony trial in jeopardy.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-jeopardy-20110317,0,2567509.story

Could this really happen? We may have to wait LONGER for justice for Caylee? All because of BUDGET CUTS?

I so hate the economy right now...we're less than TWO MONTHS away...if this actually happens I will just SCREAM!

Could this really happen? We may have to wait LONGER for justice for Caylee? All because of BUDGET CUTS?

I so hate the economy right now...we're less than TWO MONTHS away...if this actually happens I will just SCREAM!

I think this bit of news may have us ALL, a little scared, worried and confused. I can't make sense out of it. Hopefully some one will enlighten us. :(

OMG, no.

If this happens though, at least KC will stay locked up.

I don't know about anyone else, but the thought of more years of defense shenanigans makes me want to pull my hair out. GOD NO. I hope AZlawyer answers on the lawyer thread soon or on this one!

Not a lawyer here,but I don't see how they can "cancel" a trial unless there is a plea deal. Suspending one only works if you waive your right to a speedy trial, I guess Casey has done that. But normally, wouldn't the trial just proceed and the county be in debt???:waitasec:
Perhaps R Hornsby or another Fla. lawyer will weigh in on this one...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ha, no!

This woman is just using the worst case scenario to describe the dire budget situation. It draws attention to the problem in a way that makes heads snap.

If this trial gets canceled every other trial will too. And I'm sure nobody's getting out of jail in the meantime.

Pretty slick PR is all it is.

Could this turn of events cause HHJP to reconsider his decision (or any details) on the change of venue?

I'm hoping and praying that this is just a scare tactic being employed to prevent the budget being cut. I really can't see them cancelling or suspending the trial at this point. :crossfingers:

There is a budget crisis and all Baez wants is more money, more money, and more money for investigative hours.

I made a remark about just hoping to live long enough to see this case to trial, and that was a year and a half ago. I am a fairly healthy grandmother, but geez! I was so counting on the May trial date.

I wish this case could be moved along more quickly. So much time has been wasted already.

Moo!!!

Ha, no!

This woman is just using the worst case scenario to describe the dire budget situation. It draws attention to the problem in a way that makes heads snap.

If this trial gets canceled every other trial will too. And I'm sure nobody's getting out of jail in the meantime.

That's what my reaction was too.

Ha, no!

I agree; that's what I posted in the lawyer thread. I think she's trying to blackmail the State into not cutting her budget.

Ha, no!

Thanks Jennyb - this is my first thought only when I read the news release. High profile trial - what an excellent time to get folks riled up who will start badgering whoever it is who is controlling the purse strings .

I understand there is a budget crisis as we saw HHJP commenting on it last month, but am hoping this statement is more hype than anything else.

Hint to Jose - maybe not a good time to ask for more cash........

Thanks Jennyb - this is my first thought only when I read the news release. High profile trial - what an excellent time to get folks riled up who will start badgering whoever it is who is controlling the purse strings .

I understand there is a budget crisis as we saw HHJP commenting on it last month, but am hoping this statement is more hype than anything else.

Hint to Jose - maybe not a good time to ask for more cash........
BBM.. Jose would love nothing more than to have the trial delayed as long as possible..;)

Ha, no!

Thank you, I was beginning to panic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23