Breaking news in the LISK case

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GB4 and Manorville are two separate killers, which many believe to be the case, then he is definitely not to young to be the responsible party (GB4 2007-2010). Then consider AC4 (2006) and he would have been 22. Isn't that right about the average age for serial killers to begin their career of killing?

while most of the "fantasy stage" begins in the early to late teens, continuing into the early twenties, MOST sk's begin killing in their late twenties, around 28

Jeffery Dahmer started at 17. There are exceptions to the rule. Good point Just K

According to many books on serial killers that I've read, there are a lot of them who had aspirations to become a cop and for one reason or another were -thankfully- found unfit. You just wonder how many of those types of people have made it through the screening process.

Probably more of them than I once would have thought.

I'm reading an interesting book called The Wisdom of Psychopaths. (Never mind the sensationalistic title.) One of the book's theories is that high-functioning psychopaths/sociopaths are naturally attracted to intense jobs like law enforcement and tend to excel there. These would be people like Jeremy Renner's character from The Hurt Locker, people notably short on empathy but not murderers. It would be easy for an actual bad guy to blend in to a crowd like that.

According to many books on serial killers that I've read, there are a lot of them who had aspirations to become a cop and for one reason or another were -thankfully- found unfit. You just wonder how many of those types of people have made it through the screening process.

too many to think about--insane how they do get through the psych eval

e
http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/pm_9034/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=mLvo8GE2

I posted this on the jane doe thread by mistake. the article discusses teenage sks who dismember.

Thanks SS! This article was informative. It also answered a question I wondered about on another thread. How many serial killers out there dismember there victims. The article say just over a dozen (I assume that means 13?) out of 200 convicted SKs I wonder however what the chances are of having more than two in the same area. There was Robert Shulman and didn't Joel Rifken also dismember? That's at least two new york. Maybe those dismembered bodies do belong to them. It's just incomprehensible to think there's more. I just hate to think there is.

Thanks SS! This article was informative. It also answer I question I wondered about on another thread. How many serial killers out there dismember there victims. The article say just over a dozen (I assume that means 13?) out of 200 convicted SKs I wonder however what the chances are of having more than two in the same area. There was Robert Shulman and didn't Joel Rifken also dismember? That's at least two new york. Maybe those dismembered bodies do belong to them. It's just incomprehensible to think there's more. I just hate to think there is.

yes, thanks SS-I am with ya, Justice--hate to think how many more there are-especially in one area-i think i read rifkin/shulman were mere miles apart ( i think it was them)--anyway, it's insane how the LI area seems to be generating sk's, especially of the dismembering variety---especially if manorville isn't related to rifkin or shulman(probably aren't- they seem to be just before manorville/other unidentified remains, although shulman is close to the timeline and questions remain about a few of rifkins unfound victims)--that means at LEAST one more dismembering sk from the area!! YIKES!!-the odds/percentages of that must be astronomical!!!--wtf is in the water there??!--maybe the dense population has something to do with it?--too many people crammed in small areas?---sk's make u think of how "civilized" our supposed civilized society really isn't---as for the teenage sk thing, whatever happened to teens just being caught smoking, doing good old fashioned graffiti or general mischief?!--again, just points to where society is/has headed ;(

While I know this is not "our" guy. I still wonder if he has ties. Update on this sicko!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobil...fe-cannibal-cop-gilberto-valle_n_2025309.html

Can you Imagine what his wife is going through? How do you explain to the kids? I left your daddy because he has fantasies of being a rapist/kidnapper/cannibal! Thank God they got this guy off the street before his sick fantasies morphed into reality! SMDH!

I started a new case thread on the .22 Caliber Killer in Brooklyn. I never started a thread let alone a case thread so hope I did it right. So many talented, dedicated and seasoned posters here would love to see you over there as well. Can't say I always agree with you all but I can't really think of one current poster who isn't here for all the right reasons.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191178"]NY .22 Caliber Killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

While I know this is not "our" guy. I still wonder if he has ties. Update on this sicko!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobil...fe-cannibal-cop-gilberto-valle_n_2025309.html

Can you Imagine what his wife is going through? How do you explain to the kids? I left your daddy because he has fantasies of being a rapist/kidnapper/cannibal! Thank God they got this guy off the street before his sick fantasies morphed into reality! SMDH!

They are so quick to jump in when it is a NYC cop. The cop should have gone under a cover name............maybe Madoff......lol.

If you read the story I told you about the gal that went to them and told them she saw her boyfriend burying a body in the backyard and they laughed her out of the place.

The sister of a dead girl walked inton a police station and told them that her sisters death was not a suicide. She informed them that someone admitted to her the crime and she was told that she was imaginning things and to go home and get on with her life

I have heard about this guy. He has been on the cover of the newspaper alot....well his skecth has. In the Daily News this morning they have 4 witnesses to his last murder they are trying ot track down.

I have heard about this guy. He has been on the cover of the newspaper alot....well his skecth has. In the Daily News this morning they have 4 witnesses to his last murder they are trying ot track down.
Hope they catch this guy soon ... he sounds like a real nutcase.

I started a new case thread on the .22 Caliber Killer in Brooklyn. I never started a thread let alone a case thread so hope I did it right. So many talented, dedicated and seasoned posters here would love to see you over there as well. Can't say I always agree with you all but I can't really think of one current poster who isn't here for all the right reasons.

NY .22 Caliber Killer - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I´v put together a short summary of the 3 murders.

In my opinion there is a physical resemblance of the 3 victims.

BROOKLYNSERIALKILLER.jpg

And FYI, accordning to police, the sketch of the black man is NO LONGER valid.

BROOKLYNSERIALKILLER.jpg

Wow great point!!! I saw you posted that over there too. U guys are the best!! Someday we gotta all meet for drinks or do a murder mystery dinner!!!!!

BROOKLYNSERIALKILLER.jpg

Crazy! Those guys look like CPH.

Son of Sal..Salvatore Perrone of Bensonhurst is behind of .22 caliber.

I'm local, so just got push notification of this story via Newsday app. Non-subscribers can only access preview content, but I'm sure other sources will publish full-story.

image.jpg

Newsday: "NYPD detectives have identified a possible person of interest in the Gilgo Beach killings who was taken into custody Tuesday night in Westchester County, a police official said.

City detectives, acting along with New York State Police and Yonkers police, apprehended Lucius Crawford, 60, at a home in Mount Vernon on suspicion of two 19-year-old homicides in New York, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne Wednesday.

Upon entering the apartment on Beekman Avenue, police found the body of 41-year-old woman who had been stabbed to death, Browne said. Crawford's parole tracking ankle bracelet had been removed and was also found in the apartment, Browne added."

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nypd-possible-person-of-interest-in-gilgo-beach-murders-1.4294842?p=908625

Yea except that some of the G4 were killed while he was still in Prison.....

So how is he a POI exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member