Match! TX - Houston, WhtFem UP4641, 20-30, hit & run, Mar'80 *Paulette Jaster*

Great work, Houston Mom, and Peg, I am grateful you have at least some answers about Paulette. May she Rest in Peace.

A Porchlight member copied the UID report from NamUs over to Porchlight in July 2012, so it's likely been there a while even if the photo was only added recently.

Houston Mom, it's great that you answered the calling to do this type of research. You have already made a difference!

Well done, Houston Mom. My heart and prayers are with you and your family Pbuck.

Interviewed today by Jim Pinkerton, Houston Chronicle...article to run next week down there. Thanks again, Websleuths!

Interviewed today by Jim Pinkerton, Houston Chronicle...article to run next week down there. Thanks again, Websleuths!

Will you please post a link to it when it runs?

PBuck, I'm so glad that you finally have an answer. For Paulette, may she rest in peace. Finally, her fate is known.

HoustonMom, I know how dedicated and persistent you are, so I can't say I'm surprised. Thank you! You're a true angel. :loveyou:

Wow....am so glad I dropped by...this is wonderful news! Years of so many looking for Paulette..and now she is home to RIP. Heart warming job, HoustonMom....and while I am sorry for your loss, PBuck, am thankful the days of wondering are over for you and your family.

So sorry for you PBuck, for your loss. Paulette was beautiful! I know you must miss her terribly, but I'm glad you found your sister. Your family will be in our family's prayers.

Good eye, Houston Mom! My best to you and Dr. D for your all your hard work.

Wow - incredible story...30 years!
Rest in peace, Paulette - your family now knows where you are and what happened. Though heartbreaking, at least now they can too find some peace.

I wonder how long ago he was caught -- was it recent or around the same time he hit her?

The article didn't say exactly:

Peg Sperlich, a sister of Jaster, said this week's shocking news is still sinking in with family members, who discovered a man was charged with involuntary manslaughter and fleeing the scene of a fatal accident in connection with the death.

Awesome job Houston Mom!!! Every time someone is identified, it gives me so much hope for all the rest to be given back their names!! You all really have no idea how very special you are!! PBuck...I am so sorry that things ended that way for your sister, but I am glad you now know where she is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Want to share these FB pages.

Michigan for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law
Texas for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

Every year tens of thousands of Americans go missing, never to be seen by their loved ones again. At the same time, there are also an estimated 40,000 sets of unidentified human remains that are being held or disposed of across the country. Sadly, because of gaps in the nation’s missing persons systems, missing persons and unidentified remains are rarely matched. The Help Find the Missing Act (Billy’s Law) is an effort to fix these problems and bring closure to the loved ones of the missing.

This legislation is named after Billy Smolinski of Waterbury, Connecticut who went missing on August 24, 2004 at the age of 31. Billy’s family knows all too well the systemic challenges in trying to find the missing. They quickly learned that while federal law mandates law enforcement report missing children, there are no such requirements for adults – or unidentified bodies. Compounding this problem is the fact that local law enforcement agencies, medical examiners, and coroners, often don’t have the resources or training to voluntarily report these cases. Finally, even when missing adults and remains are reported, the wide-range of unconnected federal, state, local, and non-profit databases to help match the missing with unidentified bodies, makes finding a match an often insurmountable challenge.

The Help Find the Missing Act builds upon recent efforts to address these issues by:

Authorizing, and therefore helping to ensure funding for, the National Missing Persons and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs), which was created in July 2007 by the Department of Justice (DOJ) to provide a missing persons/unidentified database that the public could access and contribute;

Connecting NamUs with the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC) in order to create more comprehensive missing persons and unidentified remains databases and streamlining the reporting process for local law enforcement;

Expanding current law by requiring missing children be reported to NamUs (they already must be reported to NCIC);

Creating an incentive grants program to help states, local law enforcement, and medical examiners and coroners report missing persons and unidentified remains to NCIC, NamUs, and the National DNA Index System (NDIS); and

Calling on the DOJ to issue guidelines and best practices on handling missing persons and unidentified remains cases in order to empower law enforcement, medical examiners and coroners to help find the missing.

This match is so awesome, I am so happy PJs family finally knows what happened to her. I have been struck over the years by what a beautiful girl she was, the pictures showing a lively spirit, and I am happy she is finally going home to her family.

Well done, HoustonMom and thanks to the LE! Its matches like these that keep hope for resolution alive.

Thoughts with the family.

Woohoo!! Im sooo late to hear this but Im sooo happy!! I live about 45 min from davison and Im so happy a michigan girl has been found!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back