AR - Fully-Armed Sheriffs Remove 7 Homeschool Children from 'Prepper' Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is totally absurd. Most vitamin and mineral substances are NOT FDA approved. There is no oversight. The vitamin and mineral industry is self regulated. There has to be something more to this story or the police and CPS have truly overstepped and should be sued. IMO

This is totally absurd. Most vitamin and mineral substances are NOT FDA approved. There is no oversight. The vitamin and mineral industry is self regulated. There has to be something more to this story or the police and CPS have truly overstepped and should be sued. IMO

I've just started digging into this. The sheriff has backed off the MMS thing and is now saying there may be criminal charges filed.

So it has nothing to do with the MMS? Please let us know what you find out.

So it has nothing to do with the MMS? Please let us know what you find out.

Here is a statement from the sheriff with more at the link:

http://hotspringsdaily.com/2015/01/sheriffs-update-on-children-taken-into-fostercare/

Multiple agencies responded to the residence, located at 815 Treasure Isle Road, Hot Springs Arkansas. Upon arrival, and after an extensive on site investigation, it was determined by investigators the minor children living at the residence were at risk of serious harm due to a number of different factors. There have been a number of reports in various media outlets the decision was made to remove the minor children from the residence based on one contributing factor of a chemical known as “MMS” or “Miracle Mineral Supplement.”. This is absolutely false, as there were a number of different factors and investigators felt they had no choice but to intervene in the best interest of the minor children.

Yes, only government allowed "Poison" shall be given to children, no raw milk, no minerals...just obey the food pyramid and chemicals.

MMS is not just a harmless mineral that's not FDA approved. It's bleach. Quacks are convincing parents that if they give their kids these bleach enemas, baths, and drinks, it will cure their kids of autism. They are also encouraged to call it a "water purifier" to avoid legal problems. They are told to ignore it if their child vomits or has diarrhea after because it's "detox" vomit. The peddlers are some seriously sick people.

Horrible that they stole the kids and put them in public school without giving them another option.
What would be the other options? Seems the home environment was a danger to their health. Did the State take custody?

MMS is not just a harmless mineral that's not FDA approved. It's bleach. Quacks are convincing parents that if they give their kids these bleach enemas, baths, and drinks, it will cure their kids of autism. They are also encouraged to call it a "water purifier" to avoid legal problems. They are told to ignore it if their child vomits or has diarrhea after because it's "detox" vomit. The peddlers are some seriously sick people.

Bleach is essentially chlorine and chlorine is to purify water. In 'Nam we couldn't drink the water without adding chlorine tablets.

At first I was outraged when I read the first few lines of the story. But then I started thinking. This is Arkansas. Most people in Arkansas are not pro-government and believe children should be raised the way the parents see fit. But someone called.

The sheriff’s office, according to the statement, “responded to possible child abuse and neglect allegations from … concerned citizens that are familiar with, and friends of, the family.” The sheriff’s office noted that “upon arrival, and after an extensive on site investigation, it was determined by investigators the minor children living at the residence were at risk of serious harm due to a number of different factors.” Investigators, the statement said, “felt they had no choice but to intervene in the best interest of the minor children.”

Stanley said he has been accused by authorities of “spanking” his children. But, he noted, if spanking constitutes child abuse, most families would be guilty.
“Any parent in America would identify with me when you’re dealing with rebellious teenagers,” he said.
He does believe, however, that his two oldest children living at home — ages 16 and 14 — played a part in the raid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ts-over-the-dangerous-miracle-supplement-mms/

I note that the original call may have been for something different, which the parents have been trying hard to explain away with various excuses, ever since:
Michelle Stanley said an anonymous caller reported last month that the couple’s children were running around barefoot in the winter cold, but she explained to police that they had shoes but liked to go outside to photograph their footprints in the snow. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/...-familys-home-over-use-of-bogus-miracle-cure/

This is rural Arkansas. I'ts going to take a lot of persuading for me to believe some nosy neighbor out there called CPS because kids were running around in the snow a bit, barefoot. And that rural sheriffs there snatched the kids away after storming the house because they found a supplement.

The excuses the family has given and the stories as to how this went down have changed repeatedly:

1. They stormed the home and found a supplement. But I don;t give it to my kids. I just take it myself. But I do add it to water in the garden.

2. One of my kids took aquaponics chemicals to a friend's house where they inhaled it [and said it was MMS]. They don't want to be homeschooled anymore.

3. My kids ran barefoot in the snow for a moment so we could take pictures of the footprints but they removed the kids because an anonymous caller reported it.

4. They took my kids because I "spank" them. But anyone with rebellious teens would understand.

Hmm. There's a lot more going on in that house, I would bet, than meets the eye.

Again, this is Arkansas. Rural Arkansas. For neighbors, friends and family to be concerned, for rural sheriffs to get involved and remove the kids, something is up. IMO.

I agree with gitana1. There is going to be much more to this story than what the father has told media. Red flags went up for me with a number of statements, particularly the "rebellious teenagers", and spanking comments. Father states he is a baptist pastor. I have to wonder if this will end up being another "religious child maltreatment" scenario. I wrote a long post about this kind of child abuse on the Hannah Overton thread in currently awaiting trial forum, with some references to books written, and other documented cases. Like the death of Ethiopian adoptee Hana Williams.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...g-of-4-yo-Andrew-Burd&p=11380509#post11380509

Of course, I'm just speculating, like everyone. But this case has the hallmarks of a religious maltreatment case, IMO.

I agree, a few things in the article don't sit right with me... There is more to this story. The cops saw a few things they could not ignore ... It isn't easy to remove kids without very good reason. Especially 7 of them IMO. It's hard enough to get them to remove kids who are obviously in neglectful homes. Just read a couple cases here and that is plain to see. I'm almost dreading what we may learn. There are also 2 grown children moved out. Bet they have some idea what life is like in that home.

Stanley said he has been accused by authorities of “spanking” his children. But, he noted, if spanking constitutes child abuse, most families would be guilty

“Any parent in America would identify with me when you’re dealing with rebellious teenagers,” he said.

He does believe, however, that his two oldest children living at home — ages 16 and 14 — played a part in the raid.

Also wanted to add - teenagers are a bit old for "spanking". And blaming the kids, the government,etc. just gives me pause.

The article states the MMS becomes a "bleach" when mixed with citric acid. The dad takes a drop in water daily. It never says the kids take it.
Actually, after reading through the various info on this case, I will be surprised if any charges are filed.

I agree with gitana1. There is going to be much more to this story than what the father has told media. Red flags went up for me with a number of statements, particularly the "rebellious teenagers", and spanking comments. Father states he is a baptist pastor. I have to wonder if this will end up being another "religious child maltreatment" scenario. I wrote a long post about this kind of child abuse on the Hannah Overton thread in currently awaiting trial forum, with some references to books written, and other documented cases. Like the death of Ethiopian adoptee Hana Williams.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...g-of-4-yo-Andrew-Burd&p=11380509#post11380509

Of course, I'm just speculating, like everyone. But this case has the hallmarks of a religious maltreatment case, IMO.

I doubt any charges will be filed. They charged the house because the teens told LE that they were survivalists and dad was a preacher so maybe LE was expecting another Ruby Ridge and Waco. Snipers in the ditches and another SWAT team 2 miles down the road. Now they have to explain so much fire power and they're stuck with egg on their faces IMO. And look at the picture of mom and dad's visit with the children. Do the children look like they're fearful or were ever abused? Not to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member