CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all that and they don't tell us what that was all about?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well....disgusting....I HATE secret court stuff

Happy 4th of July weekend!

Well, as we say here in the high desert when it's hot, "at least it's dry heat"

I live in hot and very often humid NC -- I visited Scottsdale for several days on business in May. Each day it was 104 degrees or more. Low at night was 84. And yes it was dry -- but 104 is very unusual in NC. And it was dry - dry eyes, dry skin, dry nose, dry throat, dry hair -- something I've never experienced and I had not prepared for it -- but got wise quickly! But, whatever, 104 is dayam hot! But it's a beautiful place and so very different from the East. Architecture, vegetation, Camelback Mountain, Mummy Mountain! A neat place.

Nope. North of Seattle Washington -- we are not supposed to get summer iuntil July 5--came way early

Good golly Miss Molly -- that is hot for where you are! It's especially tuff when you do not expect it. We had a bit of an early heat wave here -- near 100 degrees during about 4 days, but it passed. Even we were swooning, down here where it's somewhat unusual even in July/August. But I'll take it every day over 5 degrees and snowing 4 feet from Nov. to March.

I wish Mr King would just give in. He is annoying me now.

surrender.jpg

It's hard to stop a VLE - very large ego. But it has surely taken a few licks today especially but also in the weeks prior. He's got to know he hasn't a chance, but he can't show it. I just hope all of the jurors are smart or at least those who are can show the others how things really are in this case. I say again, the biggest problem I see in the jury room when they are deciding on a verdict is that what the man did was so dayam crazy. "How can a same man do such a thing?" Well, when you apply the legal requirements to determining what "insanity" is, it is possible to find that a person who did an insane thing can certainly be sane according to law. I just hope they can get to that place. Oh, I do. Closing arguments should be verrrrry interesting. If, that is, Mr. K. will let us trudge on and get there...

Mr. B getting witness to admit his contradiction re JH's reading all the time in cell, I think. This is getting complex.

bbm
My thoughts exactly, Chelly -- and it worries me a bit. The jurors are bound to be bursting, and they can't talk about it like we can. Information overload can be dangerous. It worries me a bit. I think closing remarks will help a lot, if they don't all explode before that happens...

I had a great day watching and discussing trial with yawl. Glad you were here with me.
Have a fantastic weekend.:loveyou:

bbm -- I second that!!! :grouphug:

Enjoy your weekend my friends across the pond!! See you on Monday :)

Will do, Maisiebelle. Enjoy your blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England...

I know you weren't asking me :) but I live in South Carolina and last Saturday was first day in over two weeks with a heat index less than 100. It was between 105-110 degrees every single day and the actual temp was between 97-100.
It's still hot (around 94 today), but it's nowhere near as hot as it was last week! It's always hot like that in the summer but we usually get afternoon showers that cool things down some. We've had NOTHING this year.

Yep, gotcha, cujenn -- I'm only a little less that 200 miles north of you, but we haven't gotten quite that hot, but it's still dayam hot. And it's a bit early for 100 degrees. But as I said, I'll take it every day over 5 degrees and 5 feet of snow.
icon7.png

While I am a firm believer in the rule of law, I do often wonder why our legal system doesn't have a provision for forgoing a trial in cases where the defendant has already been proven guilty by very clear video of the crime or was caught in the act of committing the crime.

Am I missing something here? What would be the risk to justice if there was such a provision for waving a trial? Mind you, the damning evidence would have to be slam dunk. It seems such a measure would save a lot of time and money.

While I am a firm believer in the rule of law, I do often wonder why our legal system doesn't have a provision for forgoing a trial in cases where the defendant has already been proven guilty by very clear video of the crime or was caught in the act of committing the crime.

Am I missing something here? What would be the risk to justice if there was such a provision for waving a trial? Mind you, the damning evidence would have to be slam dunk. It seems such a measure would save a lot of time and money.

Did you know JH offered a plea deal? Guilty in return for life without parole. The state refused because they want the death penalty. Such a shame the jury won't know this when they are deliberating.

Good golly Miss Molly -- that is hot for where you are! It's especially tuff when you do not expect it. We had a bit of an early heat wave here -- near 100 degrees during about 4 days, but it passed. Even we were swooning, down here where it's somewhat unusual even in July/August. But I'll take it every day over 5 degrees and snowing 4 feet from Nov. to March.

ITA--people here don't really know how to drive in snow and ice--heck some even have problems with rain-
But it has been hot--interesting how much you hear of your neighbors when all your windows are open--I really didn't care to hear the new ones behind me talk about how they like to start drinking early in the day & usually got black out drunk--didn't like that at all! Especially with how loud they were and knowing 4th and firecrackers/M80s (illegal-but able to buy) .
My sister lives in Georgia and I'm always amazed at the rain and how hard it comes down. Also have been there when it was in the 100's--it was hot! Love Georgia though.

Now I'm wondering what Ms Spengler wanted to say...dangit!

Poor Blossom needs the fan today! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435929351.864484.jpg

Poor Blossom needs the fan today! View attachment 77549

Blossom is a cutie as well.....I'm jealous! All I have is my daughters bunny and my other dd fish.....neither are to exciting---however, bunny is in some form of fan because she can overheat.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken