Laurean in Mexico

Is it any wonder they have a total lack of control of Mexico and their citizens? They are willing to harbor the worst offenders of the US and keep them from justice here.

What I don't understand is...as corrupt as their police force etc. is in Mexico...their own brand of justice is to just shoot someone outright or torture them. They are willing to let them live in substandard conditions and encourage them to break the law by coming across our borders every day. Why do we play by THEIR rules when it comes to OUR offenders?! We need to find a way to thwart their efforts to keep their own from facing true justice.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What I don't understand is...as corrupt as their police force etc. is in Mexico...their own brand of justice is to just shoot someone outright or torture them. They are willing to let them live in substandard conditions and encourage them to break the law by coming across our borders every day. Why do we play by THEIR rules when it comes to OUR offenders?! We need to find a way to thwart their efforts to keep their own from not facing true justice.

CNN's breaking news headline says Laurean was seen a about week ago in Guadalajara, Mexico by his cousin.

How do we know the cousin is telling the truth tho? He may just be helping Cesar to throw the authorities off the track. But I saw a Fox news report this morning with a bounty hunter. They were saying bounty hunters were after CL down in Mexico. I pray one of them gets him and drags him back here to face the music so that the DP will still be on the table.

Hmmm...I didn't know a bounty hunter could go after someone until they had been formally charged and unless they jumped bail. I guess I learn something new every day.

Hmmm...I didn't know a bounty hunter could go after someone until they had been formally charged and unless they jumped bail. I guess I learn something new every day.

I didn't know that either. Unless it's a 'different kind' of bounty hunter. The ones out for the reward, you know, like in the old days.

The DA saying that if he is in Mexico the death penalty comes off the table disturbs me in that by advertising that little fact gem, all the other murderers present and future now know where to go. Mexico. Guaranteed no DP and no real guarantee of extradition. Great.

Why doesn't the military override the DA in this case? Haven't they have in the past? Get Laurean back here first and have a military trial. He killed a fellow marine.

The DA saying that if he is in Mexico the death penalty comes off the table disturbs me in that by advertising that little fact gem, all the other murderers present and future now know where to go. Mexico. Guaranteed no DP and no real guarantee of extradition. Great.

Why doesn't the military override the DA in this case? Haven't they in the past? Get Laurean back here first and have a military trial. He killed a fellow marine.

I think life without parole might be worse than the DP for a coward like , he is only 21 years old! Facing 70 years in prison just might make him take care of the DP issue before he can be apprehended.

And it doesn't matter whether it's the FBI, the State of NC or the USMC, the DP is OFF THE TABLE if he is found in Mexico. They aren't gonna risk Mexico not cooperating in the future for even WORSE criminals just to kill , when LWOP in a super-max prison is probably as close to he!! on earth as a man like CL can get - followed by real He!! when he dies behind bars. His future will consist of a cage and being a "stellar possession" of NC's toughest prison. A couple of years of that and will be wishing for the DP every single day.

I just want justice for Maria And Gabrielle - and NOT EVER taking another free breath the rest of his sorry life is good enough for me. At 21, life in prison is kinda like being buried like Maria and her baby- except will be ALIVE!!!!!

My Opinion

I don't even care about the DP...just get his butt back to the US so he can be charged and locked up.
No one that beats and kills a pregnant woman, the woman carrying his child, then buries them and sets them on fire deserves to be walking around free.
I don't give a pigs *advertiser censored* what country he's from....get him back here so he can get his just reward. Murder charges and a trial. :furious:

Thank goodness this isn't pre-2005... because then not only could Mexico have not allowed him to be extradited on a death penalty case, but they also could have not allowed for extradition on a life without parole case. This changed in 2005 when the Mexican supreme court struck down their constitutional ban on life imprisonment.

So, as bad as it is that we have to compromise with Mexico on how we will handle those committing crimes in our country and fleeing to their country, at least now we can get the jerk back and put him away for life. Pre-2005, to get him back to the states to stand trial, we would have had to agree to let him have a chance to get out of prison, one day. :|

Cesar could have friends or family in high places in Mexico. They might be controlling what LE in Mexico is doing to find or to protect him. If so, he may never be brought to justice here. We have to rely on the Mexican government to arrest him and hand him over. If they are not willing to take him into custody...we are essentially without a way to bring him back.

Why doesn't the military override the DA in this case? Haven't they in the past? Get Laurean back here first and have a military trial. He killed a fellow marine.

you've asked the question I've been wondering about...we all read about the fact that is military property. Can they go into another country and "retrieve" their property legally? I have no idea, but I LIKE the idea, LOL. I bet if that were the case, would have wished the civilian LE would have captured him :eek: rather than the Marines!

Cesar could have friends or family in high places in Mexico. They might be controlling what LE in Mexico is doing to find or to protect him. If so, he may never be brought to justice here. We have to rely on the Mexican government to arrest him and hand him over. If they are not willing to take him into custody...we are essentially without a way to bring him back.

I hate that this is what I am fearing...

My guess is drinking tequila, playing cards, and soaking up the sun with his friends and family. Party time for Cesar! He is free! (Maybe they just need to keep an eye out for huge gatherings where they are shooting guns up in the air and celebrating Cesar outsmarting the FBI, Marines, and American LE.)

My guess is drinking tequila, playing cards, and soaking up the sun with his friends and family. Party time for Cesar! He is free! (Maybe they just need to keep an eye out for huge gatherings where they are shooting guns up in the air and celebrating Cesar outsmarting the FBI, Marines, and American LE.)

Don't forget the bonfire SS. Gotta have the bonfire!

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back