CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't contribute any information about Hasanni's school, but it just seems unlikely to me that the perp would strike on 8/10, during summer vacation, if it were related to the school. I will go with the "upscale pedophile" scenario since I believe that's what the "abduction" behind Shuz is supposed to lead to. Now, if this "perp" is a local to the Shuz area, where could he have put Hasanni's body, assuming the "perp" would've killed him? MOO

Well - - if he is a typical pedophile, rich or poor, Hasanni would be treated as an object...and just tossed with no more feeling than throwing a stone. Perhaps dragged through some woods and covered with leaves and branches, dumped in a ditch, or thrown in a dumpster wrapped in a garbage bag. Since I don't know the area, all I can offer is that pedophiles don't usually drive too far with a body (the object) in the trunk. Some, with a bit of affection toward the child, may try to have a make-shift grave site, or use a suitcase (container) of some kind. If there was rage, you would tend to see many wounds, and possible dismemberment. This poor child - why doesn't Ross just tell us where he is?

I believe news reports stated Hasanni was "slated to start" the elementary school "in the fall." I'm not sure if we've had confirmation of registration, but my assumption was that he was indeed registered from the statements given.

thanks FF - do you know where the elementary school is? TIA

Well - - if he is a typical pedophile, rich or poor, Hasanni would be treated as an object...and just tossed with no more feeling than throwing a stone. Perhaps dragged through some woods and covered with leaves and branches, dumped in a ditch, or thrown in a dumpster wrapped in a garbage bag. Since I don't know the area, all I can offer is that pedophiles don't usually drive too far with a body (the object) in the trunk. Some, with a bit of affection toward the child, may try to have a make-shift grave site, or use a suitcase (container) of some kind. If there was rage, you would tend to see many wounds, and possible dismemberment. This poor child - why doesn't Ross just tell us where he is?
Do you think LR would fit in the "stranger perp" category as far as choosing the disposal site, or the "a bit of affection toward the child" category? MOO

I'm posting before reading and will hit myself in the head later. ;)

I figured they have been putting their trash in someone else's container. Maybe an older neighbor who does not generate much trash. Or someone who recycles a lot and has very little "trash" as it were.

IMO there is no way LR would haul the trash in his BMW all the way to Shuz. There are lots of places closer that they could do that if he was so inclined.

I noticed in the timeline thread, we don't have times on the Pick Your Part trip to Hayward or on the bank trip. I've seen divergent news stories on the auto salvage trip, some saying "hours before" Hasanni went missing in the afternoon, some saying "that morning."

To me, these two pieces of information are important. Right now, what we know for sure is that if it occurred that day and LR is truly the only party with knowledge, he had roughly 8 1/2 hours (7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) to kill Hasanni, come up with a plan, make alibi trips (drive time being important + ATM time + yard time), and clean up or stage any evidence and handle body disposal. That's the window, of course, if he committed the crime right at 7:01 a.m. The more time we know was taken, the tighter the time window (and the closer the body would have to be).

For instance, if JC's story is correct, and supposing (though not likely) the second she left, Hasanni was hurt within 15 minutes. Even if he spent only half an hour planning, that's still 45 minutes. Add in even a 15 minute trip to the bank and a 20 minute trip to Hayward, and you've eliminated 1 hour 20 minutes from the timeline, taking you to 7 hours and 10 minutes. Add 5 minutes spent at an ATM and 10 minutes at the auto yard parking lot and you now have less than 7 hours.

Even if you eliminate care time for Aayliah (diapers, food, etc.), possible gas trip, shower, clean-up, preparation of body for transport, walking from car to exact dump site, and other variables, would this mean that Hasanni has to be within 3.5 hours of Roxie Terrace (or Hayward) if LR did it that day?

ETA: Quoted post that referred to timeline.
CA-Hasanni Jamil Campbell-TIMELINE*No Discussion* - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I saw that someone had posted that this was not part of the time line (it was). I've added Pick Your Part now so it stands out more and changed date/time to red.

August 10, 2009, Unknown AM – Louis Ross goes to bank (maybe Bank of America: need link) and leaves both children at home.

August 10, 2009, Unknown AM – Louis Ross goes to Pick Your Part salvage yard allegedly with Hasanni. "... two workers at an auto salvage yard in Hayward reported seeing Ross and Hasanni in the BMW that same morning" http://www.getfave.com/locations/13753737-shuz-of-rockridge LR either stayed in the car http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAB5199Q74.DTL OR got out and looked around. Not sure whether Aaliyah was with him/them.

Do you think LR would fit in the "stranger perp" category as far as choosing the disposal site, or the "a bit of affection toward the child" category? MOO

Guess it depends on the circumstances as to why Hasanni is dead. I can see Ross as a 'stone cold' perp, much like the stranger. if Ross thought he could restart his life as far as education, money, job, and prestige go, and thought Hasanni was an impediment to those goals, he could do away with him ASAP. Also, Ross seemed to live through Hasanni's accomplishments (Hasanni was A symbol of pride) and if Hasanni lost his shining halo, Ross could do away with him ASAP.

If this was an accident, as so many think - it would have a touch of affection involved.

How about you - what do you think?

HC being in cold storage seems unlikely because LR is very confident that HC will not be found. LR's behavior is suppose to convey shock and outrage at being accused.

HC could be in St. Mary's cemetary in Berkeley. Someone suggested Mountainview cemetary on a thread called where is HC?

HC has to be in a place where the perp is 100% confident that if HC is found LE can not prove who put him there. No storage lockers, not close to home. But where?

Guess it depends on the circumstances as to why Hasanni is dead. I can see Ross as a 'stone cold' perp, much like the stranger. if Ross thought he could restart his life as far as education, money, job, and prestige goes, and thought Hasanni was an impediment to those goals, he could do away with him ASAP. Also, Ross seemed to live through Hasanni's accomplishments (Hasanni was A symbol of pride) and if Hasanni lost his shining halo, Ross could do away with him ASAP.

If this was an accident, as so many think - it would have a touch of affection involved.

How about you - what do you think?
I can see it as somewhat of an accident where LR lost his temper, fatally striking Hasanni. But to cover his own tracks, I also think it's possible his body could've been disposed of in the manner a stranger abductor would have. And I think it's also possible to complete this scenario, his body would be somewhere not far from the site of the alleged abduction, on his way to the store that afternoon, as opposed to being near the house. MOO

Paulette, there are hundreds of places in that area to put a body.

If I were LR and I was trying to make it look like someone other than me disposed of the body, I wouldn't head toward my house from Oakland; I'd head in the other direction(s).

So that's where I'd start. ETA: I Googled for lakes. Found Tilden Regional Park. 11 minutes from Shuz. I don't live there and I could be way off base with that place, but it looked secluded.

Unless there is a life insurance policy with LR as beneficiary, I can't see why he'd want Hasanni's body found. He'd be better off playing the martyr. IMO

I can see it as somewhat of an accident where LR lost his temper, fatally striking Hasanni. But to cover his own tracks, I also think it's possible his body could've been disposed of in the manner a stranger abductor would have. And I think it's also possible to complete this scenario, his body would be somewhere not far from the site of the alleged abduction, on his way to the store that afternoon, as opposed to being near the house. MOO

You may be completely right! Ross is a complex guy! His history shows that he lets lawsuits pile up forever before admitting fault. He's disappointed in everything around him, making it likely that Hasanni let him down by having an accident, even if Ross caused it. If an accident, his nature would be to hide it away forever - he can't stand to make mistakes. Ross has to be right, and if he can't point to others to deflect blame he will bury the issue...so to speak. Do you think the body will ever be found?

It's great batting around ideas with you...thanks!

You may be completely right! Ross is a complex guy! His history shows that he lets lawsuits pile up forever before admitting fault. He's disappointed in everything around him, making it likely that Hasanni let him down by having an accident, even if Ross caused it. If an accident, his nature would be to hide it away forever - he can't stand to make mistakes. Ross has to be right, and if he can't point to others to deflect blame he will bury the issue...so to speak. Do you think the body will ever be found?

It's great batting around ideas with you...thanks!
Thanks :) and likewise it's great to be able to share possible scenarios and places Hasanni might be. Now as for Hasanni ever being found, it all depends where he is. If he's in a landfill, I'd say no. If he's in a flowing body of water, I'd say no. If he's in a shallow grave somewhere, it's possible, but it would also depend where that grave is and if there is any animal activity around it. Naturally, I also think the more time that passes the less chance there is of him being found intact unless he's in a container of some kind. :cry: MOO

Thanks :) and likewise it's great to be able to share possible scenarios and places Hasanni might be. Now as for Hasanni ever being found, it all depends where he is. If he's in a landfill, I'd say no. If he's in a flowing body of water, I'd say no. If he's in a shallow grave somewhere, it's possible, but it would also depend where that grave is and if there is any animal activity around it. Naturally, I also think the more time that passes the less chance there is of him being found intact unless he's in a container of some kind. :cry: MOO

Interesting you mention a container - Ross is way too controlling, somewhat obsessive, and tries to have a sense of organization around him, making it likely he would put Hasanni in an area that has some boundaries to it. I think a garbage bag would do for Ross - something that gives him a sense of control. He may have used a suitcase or container that can't be traced, in any way, back to him. Seeing Ross' steadfast inability to be viewed as being wrong in any way, I would say 'highly unlikely' the body will be found.

Watch - a grave surrounded by roses will be found and we will be laughing at ourselves for not giving him the credit to defy all odds!

Interesting you mention a container - Ross is way too controlling, somewhat obsessive, and tries to have a sense of organization around him, making it likely he would put Hasanni in an area that has some boundaries to it. I think a garbage bag would do for Ross - something that gives him a sense of control. He may have used a suitcase or container that can't be traced, in any way, back to him. Seeing Ross' steadfast inability to be viewed as being wrong in any way, I would say 'highly unlikely' the body will be found.

Watch - a grave surrounded by roses will be found and we will be laughing at ourselves for not giving him the credit to defy all odds!
I was thinking of a container mainly because he wouldn't want the remains to soil the car, or have any decomp in the trunk. And if it were being set up as a stranger perp who had been watching "the routine" and waiting for an opportunity to abduct Hasanni, then the stranger would have some connection to Hasanni and bury him in some fashion. It's too bad LE can't determine if any sheets or blankets are missing from the house, assuming that JC didn't give them any information like that. MOO

I was thinking of a container mainly because he wouldn't want the remains to soil the car, or have any decomp in the trunk. And if it were being set up as a stranger perp who had been watching "the routine" and waiting for an opportunity to abduct Hasanni, then the stranger would have some connection to Hasanni and bury him in some fashion. It's too bad LE can't determine if any sheets or blankets are missing from the house, assuming that JC didn't give them any information like that. MOO

OMG - don't soil the car, you are so right! I'm having a difficult time separating his narcissism and arrogance from his need for control. I think both are equally operative in him...and the garbage bag or the likes of it, would be a function of both.

I still have a need to know where his school was or will be.
Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe!

OMG - don't soil the car, you are so right! I'm having a difficult time separating his narcissism and arrogance from his need for control. I think both are equally operative in him...and the garbage bag or the likes of it, would be a function of both.

I still have a need to know where his school was or will be.
Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe!
I just hope we're wrong and Hasanni will be found soon! Maybe somebody can find out about the school.

You also have a great weekend! :seeya:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7000210

Miller said she hopes Saturday's search will provide new leads in the case. She and two colleagues came up with Lake Elizabeth because it's big, it's in Fremont and it hasn't been searched yet.
"It's a large area, and we have enough volunteers to search it," Miller said, adding that close to 100 people have signed up to help search the region.

Miller said San Jose Search and Rescue, a nonprofit that helps with missing person searches and other recovery operations, volunteered their entire team.
She said she also invited Alameda County law enforcement officials to participate, but the Fremont Police Department and the county sheriff's office declined.

I've been trying to find out if LR's 911 call has been released yet...no luck so far. But I did find this interesting: http://www.oaklandpolice.com/
**If you make a 911 call from a cell phone in Oakland, it will be recieved by the California Highway Patrol.

If ya'll are able to find the 911 call~TIA!!!

I just hope we're wrong and Hasanni will be found soon! Maybe somebody can find out about the school.

You also have a great weekend! :seeya:

panthera & all who asked what school Hasanni went to & if he took the bus...it's in this article:

Juan Bonuel, who lives in a home across the street from the couple's corner lot, had contact with Hasanni several times but never had spoken to Ross or Campbell. Bonuel said that every day during the school year he would see Hasanni on the school bus that takes kids to James Leitch Elementary School in Fremont's Warm Springs District. "He's a good-looking kid, adorable," Bonuel said recently, noting Hasanni always would say, "Hi." Bonuel said he had not seen Hasanni since summer vacation began in mid-June.
http://www.insidebayarea.com/top-stories/ci_13225210

Don't forget about the media thread....it may be a good time to go back & look at all of the earlier statements that were made by LR & JC. There just may be a clue that we all over looked in the begining, but might make sense now that we know a liitle more info. I'm just trying to think of anything that may lead us to Hasanni.

Out little guy needs to found!

:prayer:'s For Hasanni!

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads