CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of a container mainly because he wouldn't want the remains to soil the car, or have any decomp in the trunk. And if it were being set up as a stranger perp who had been watching "the routine" and waiting for an opportunity to abduct Hasanni, then the stranger would have some connection to Hasanni and bury him in some fashion. It's too bad LE can't determine if any sheets or blankets are missing from the house, assuming that JC didn't give them any information like that. MOO

If LR had put Hasanni's remains in the car in any container of any kind --so that his body would have been not touching the interior of the car-- would cadaver dogs have picked up the scent? Now I'm wondering if they used cadaver dogs.
It seems that even if he put Hasanni in a bag or whatever, it would be hard to do it so antiseptically that some trace wouldn't have been on the exterior of the bag or container, and thus rubbed off onto the car interior. But then again....he was studying to be a medical assistant....

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7000210

Miller said she hopes Saturday's search will provide new leads in the case. She and two colleagues came up with Lake Elizabeth because it's big, it's in Fremont and it hasn't been searched yet.
"It's a large area, and we have enough volunteers to search it," Miller said, adding that close to 100 people have signed up to help search the region.

Miller said San Jose Search and Rescue, a nonprofit that helps with missing person searches and other recovery operations, volunteered their entire team.
She said she also invited Alameda County law enforcement officials to participate, but the Fremont Police Department and the county sheriff's office declined.

I keep wondering why Fremont police have declined to take part in any of this case. Is it a territorial or political thing or whatever, since the so-called abduction supposedly happened in Oakland? Or is there some other reason? For example, they don't think Hasanni's body is in Fremont?

Also, the t-shirt lady was on tv this morning and she said that she hadn't been in touch with Hasanni's foster parents --did I hear that right? They aren't taking part in the search?

I keep wondering why Fremont police have declined to take part in any of this case. Is it a territorial or political thing or whatever, since the so-called abduction supposedly happened in Oakland? Or is there some other reason? For example, they don't think Hasanni's body is in Fremont?

Also, the t-shirt lady was on tv this morning and she said that she hadn't been in touch with Hasanni's foster parents --did I hear that right? They aren't taking part in the search?

There's just something hinky about the whole thing with LE.

Who is this woman Miller? Where did she get her advice on how to conduct a search? I think her intentions are good & she seems very enthusiastic. Bless her for making an attempt, no one else is.

Why didn't LR call Mark Klass? His org. is Klass Kids - They do searches!!!

This entire case stinks to high heaven.

A lot of good it does the missing child to hold a vigil - everyone holding hands, praying, wearing outrageous T-shirts with the child's face splashed on the front. That time would be better spent actually searching!

There's just something hinky about the whole thing with LE.

Who is this woman Miller? Where did she get her advice on how to conduct a search? I think her intentions are good & she seems very enthusiastic. Bless her for making an attempt, no one else is.

Why didn't LR call Mark Klass? His org. is Klass Kids - They do searches!!!

This entire case stinks to high heaven.

A lot of good it does the missing child to hold a vigil - everyone holding hands, praying, wearing outrageous T-shirts with the child's face splashed on the front. That time would be better spent actually searching!

The thing with LE is strange.

On tv this a.m. the announcer said that it was Miller's idea to search Lake Elizabeth. I wonder about that--seems like Burris' daughter may have had some input?

I agree somewhat about the vigils--although vigils may be a good way to keep Hasanni in the news and get more people involved. Maybe have a prayer before going out and searching instead of an entire vigil?

panthera & all who asked what school Hasanni went to & if he took the bus...it's in this article:

Juan Bonuel, who lives in a home across the street from the couple's corner lot, had contact with Hasanni several times but never had spoken to Ross or Campbell. Bonuel said that every day during the school year he would see Hasanni on the school bus that takes kids to James Leitch Elementary School in Fremont's Warm Springs District. "He's a good-looking kid, adorable," Bonuel said recently, noting Hasanni always would say, "Hi." Bonuel said he had not seen Hasanni since summer vacation began in mid-June.
http://www.insidebayarea.com/top-stories/ci_13225210

Don't forget about the media thread....it may be a good time to go back & look at all of the earlier statements that were made by LR & JC. There just may be a clue that we all over looked in the begining, but might make sense now that we know a liitle more info. I'm just trying to think of anything that may lead us to Hasanni.

Out little guy needs to found!

:prayer:'s For Hasanni!

:angel:

Angel Who Cares - thanks so much! You are a true Angel for keeping our inquiries in mind...my Angels do plenty of wonderful gestures for me, but not this kind of thing. lol :blowkiss:

What a dolt I am sometimes. I was looking at his not calling Mark Klass objectively. But if you look at it subjectively, it makes perfect sense! If you want something to remain hidden, do you call experts that excel in finding hidden things?

Mark Klass would probably want to meet with the parents & ask questions. That's why LR or JC didn't call him.

Took me all this time to figure that one out.

What a dolt I am sometimes. I was looking at his not calling Mark Klass objectively. But if you look at it subjectively, it makes perfect sense! If you want something to remain hidden, do you call experts that excel in finding hidden things?

Mark Klass would probably want to meet with the parents & ask questions. That's why LR or JC didn't call him.

Took me all this time to figure that one out.

bolded by me.

That's okay, no one actually came out and said it; but you hit the nail on the head there! :clap:
They knew enough to call Burris...........but not enough to call Marc Klaas, who could possibly find Hasanni?

panthera & all who asked what school Hasanni went to & if he took the bus...it's in this article:

Juan Bonuel, who lives in a home across the street from the couple's corner lot, had contact with Hasanni several times but never had spoken to Ross or Campbell. Bonuel said that every day during the school year he would see Hasanni on the school bus that takes kids to James Leitch Elementary School in Fremont's Warm Springs District. "He's a good-looking kid, adorable," Bonuel said recently, noting Hasanni always would say, "Hi." Bonuel said he had not seen Hasanni since summer vacation began in mid-June.
http://www.insidebayarea.com/top-stories/ci_13225210

Don't forget about the media thread....it may be a good time to go back & look at all of the earlier statements that were made by LR & JC. There just may be a clue that we all over looked in the begining, but might make sense now that we know a liitle more info. I'm just trying to think of anything that may lead us to Hasanni.

Out little guy needs to found!

:prayer:'s For Hasanni!

:angel:

According to reviews james Leitch Elementary School is a 'great school' one of the best!!! A great deal of interaction between parent, teacher, and student. James Leitch Elementary School is about 11 miles from Roxie Terrace, where Hasanni lives. Looks like Hasanni went to K there and was going back to 1st grade.

Here is why I think the area of the school should be searched: The initial pics of Hasanni had him in a cap and gown - each and every picture. Hard to think of Hasanni without thinking 'school graduation'. That's how Ross wants us to remember the little guy. He wasn't portrayed as the adorable child he is. He was portrayed as a 'graduate'...a feat Ross took credit for. IMO way too much emphasis on Hasanni's school, graduation, etc. Maybe Ross laid him to rest there to honor himself (Ross). just a thought! :eek:

If LR had put Hasanni's remains in the car in any container of any kind --so that his body would have been not touching the interior of the car-- would cadaver dogs have picked up the scent? Now I'm wondering if they used cadaver dogs.
It seems that even if he put Hasanni in a bag or whatever, it would be hard to do it so antiseptically that some trace wouldn't have been on the exterior of the bag or container, and thus rubbed off onto the car interior. But then again....he was studying to be a medical assistant....

Hi Colulmbo: I'm under the impression 'scent' dogs were used. We were told the dogs did or did not pick up scents in certain places. Cadaver dogs only follow the scent of 'death'.

As far as I know - medical assistants don't learn how to use body bags or how to deal with corpses of any kind. Not sure where Ross went to school but programs for MA are months long up to 2 years.

If a drop or two of decomp spilled into/on his car - the odor would be unbearable by now. Remember Casey Anthony and her car trunk?

According to reviews james Leitch Elementary School is a 'great school' one of the best!!! A great deal of interaction between parent, teacher, and student. James Leitch Elementary School is about 11 miles from Roxie Terrace, where Hasanni lives. Looks like Hasanni went to K there and was going back to 1st grade.

Here is why I think the area of the school should be searched: The initial pics of Hasanni had him in a cap and gown - each and every picture. Hard to think of Hasanni without thinking 'school graduation'. That's how Ross wants us to remember the little guy. He wasn't portrayed as the adorable child he is. He was portrayed as a 'graduate'...a feat Ross took credit for. IMO way too much emphasis on Hasanni's school, graduation, etc. Maybe Ross laid him to rest there to honor himself (Ross). just a thought! :eek:

And, maybe you're psychic! Geez...you're giving me goose bumps. That scenario of LRs' motivation to honor himself is spot on. :clap:

I also had a thought. Aug. 10th was the hottest day of the month, 87 degrees in Fremont. The entire bay area was baking. After going to the junkyard, HC fell asleep on the way home. LR left him in the car. LR put the baby down for a nap & forgot about HC. He only noticed HC was missing when he wanted to go to the bank. OR, maybe the bank trip was just a ruse, his real objetive was disposing of HC. The temperature in the car could have risen well over 100 degrees.

Instead of facing the consequences for accidentally killing a child, he chose the kidnapping story. Gee...what a guy!

http://www.chp.ca.gov/pdf/media/09-22.pdf

**Talks about leaving kids in a car unattended** Was posted 8-11-09!
Could this be the something that makes law enforcement KNOW Hasanni is no longer alive???
Thanks for finding that but it seems like it could be a general reminder due to the heat in August. It does give me a clue though that could've been what happened to Hasanni ~ and LR knowing he could be charged with his death, decided to stage the abduction instead. MOO

ps ~ I changed the date in your post though since it was actually issued on 8/11/09 not 9/11 which hasn't gotten here yet. :)

I thought LE just used scent dogs which naturally would've had a hit since Hasanni had been in the car. IIRC, the dogs didn't hit on any area outside the car in the alley, which led LE to believe Hasanni was never in the alley. I don't know if they used any cadaver dogs though when they impounded the car. I'm not sure how good LR would be at crime scene cleanup since CSI probably wouldn't be part of the curriculum as a MA. MOO

And, maybe you're psychic! Geez...you're giving me goose bumps. That scenario of LRs' motivation to honor himself is spot on. :clap:

I also had a thought. Aug. 10th was the hottest day of the month, 87 degrees in Fremont. The entire bay area was baking. After going to the junkyard, HC fell asleep on the way home. LR left him in the car. LR put the baby down for a nap & forgot about HC. He only noticed HC was missing when he wanted to go to the bank. OR, maybe the bank trip was just a ruse, his real objetive was disposing of HC. The temperature in the car could have risen well over 100 degrees.

Instead of facing the consequences for accidentally killing a child, he chose the kidnapping story. Gee...what a guy!

And your scenario about Ross failing to take responsibility is 'right on'. Sorry I interrupted your conversation with Columbo - all I saw was Angel's info about school. I went back and read your conversation - it's interesting.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend everyone !

Is there a state LE agency similar to the GBI in Georgia that could take over and cover these different jurisdictions? The crime supposedly took place in Oakland so I can see them handling the investigation there but since there are so many different cities there with their own LE agencies I'd think there should be one central agency to cover them all. MOO

I'm fairly confused about the various outside parties and their roles:

- John Burris is unoficially advising LR and JC. Ever since the arrest, he seems to be implicating LR by pointed statements of omission as he proclaims JC's innocence.

- John Burris' daughter, Courtney, has joined Sherri (t-shirt lady) in a search effort tied to friends and family of JC and LR. Both Courtney and Sherri seem to be making statements about bringing Hasanni's body home, and staging searches in Fremont which look incriminating to the couple. (Prior search, Monterey, where LR lived and JC has been.)

- OPD stays silent for weeks, insisting it's missing persons, insisting parents aren't focus, until they arrest them for murder (allegedly by JB in an attempt to flip them).

- Alameda Co. DA says there's insufficient evidence to charge them and releases them, though obviously that decision probably didn't take all weekend to make. I'm assuming the DA and police discuss strategy like this.

- FBI did the initial house search, and we haven't heard much since other than they were/are(?) assisting OPD.

- OPD says Hasanni was never in Oakland that day. Obviously that would lead to a crime committed in Fremont (though no proof on when or how really, just suspicions so far).

- Fremont PD says it's not their case -- it's Oakland's -- and they aren't getting involved. (You'd figure FPD would at least, say, lend to the search efforts to find one of their own. I've seen it happen in other cities, where neighboring or local law enforcement help on behalf of a missing child.)

- SF and Alameda Co add $25K each to the reward money for Hasanni.

- The only other law enforcement or search and rescue involved is from San Jose.

Either this is the most disorganized operation with no real hub, central force, or overseeing figure (person at the top of the chain somewhere), or there's some strategy going on by one or various parties that we're not seeing.

Is the FBI guiding all agencies? Does JB know something new that is changing his strategy? It just struck me today how little some of the above makes sense.

This is not really an important note, but when coming back from brunch this morning, my family walked by the parking lot memorial with the big basket of toys from the neighbors and prior tokens for Hasanni. I thought something was vaguely different, and so walked back to take a second look.

I realized what it was. SpongeBob is missing. If you look at the videos after the neighbors pitched in, there's a large SpongeBob stuffed animal that is now gone (though the others remain).

What kind of person takes a stuffed animal from a memorial for a missing boy? Just dismaying.

I have a theory...No scent outside car, only inside at j's work. No decomp in car. We know R was at the Bank, Car parts and didn't get out of the car at the car parts. I feel like he took Hasanni out behind the parts place where there is lots of roads and places to leave a child. I don't think he did anything except leave him. He had texted J about leaving Hasanni at the Bart. Too many people. Also his car was spotless. I think he got the car washed before heading to J's work. When Hasanni is found he can say see someone took him.

Does the comment about the lake being big, being in Fremont and not being searched raise any flags with LR and JC?

If Hasanni was last seen in Oakland as they claim, why search Fremont? Because he never made it to Oakland?

Here is a list of lakes in Fremont (within 15 miles). Click on link if you want the rest.

Shinn (2 miles) Rubber Dam 1 (2 miles) Middlefield Reservoir (2 miles) Quarry Pits (2 miles) Rubber Dam 3 (2 miles) Decoto Reservoir (3 miles) Mayhew Reservoir (4 miles) Patterson (6 miles) Standish (7 miles) James H Turner (8 miles) San Antonio Reservoir (9 miles) Ed R Levin (9 miles) Calaveras Reservoir (10 miles) Calaveras (10 miles) Ward Creek (10 miles) South (11 miles) San Lorenzo Creek (11 miles) Cull Creek (12 miles) Almond (13 miles) Lake Chabot (14 miles) Del Valle (14 miles) Lake Del Valle (15 miles) Chabot (15 miles)

http://findlakes.com/lakes_near_fremont_ca.htm

(had to remove images indicating man-made, resorvoir, recreation, historic, etc., so I could post)

I think this is entirely possible! Thank you for reminding us of the temperature that day ~ and little Hasanni was dressed in a sweatsuit??? :eek:

I have a theory...No scent outside car, only inside at j's work. No decomp in car. We know R was at the Bank, Car parts and didn't get out of the car at the car parts. I feel like he took Hasanni out behind the parts place where there is lots of roads and places to leave a child. I don't think he did anything except leave him. He had texted J about leaving Hasanni at the Bart. Too many people. Also his car was spotless. I think he got the car washed before heading to J's work. When Hasanni is found he can say see someone took him.
I don't think he left him alive anywhere. If Hasanni passed away due to being exposed to the heat in the car and his body almost immediately disposed of, there wouldn't be decomp in the car. Good thoughts about going to a car wash on the way to the shoe store! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288