WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this scenario, I'm wondering by what means the perp would have traveled to the spec house and then on to the hair cut spot if the car he had been driving was up PC....

To create an alibi. Spec house may have been the only place he could think of to clean up at. Then had to create an alibi and thought of getting a haircut at a place he was familiar with. When people are stressed out, they do not think logically. We are mapping out as if he thought about this as much as we have. He did not have as many days, like us, to think. He had a few hours of adrenalin, paranoia, and shock of what he had done.

I think you're right! I've seen this in my own town. They want to make it a primo "retirement community," but dare they put in the local paper that a prostitute was carved into tiny pieces in one of the nicer hotels in town? Or that a woman was found on the bank of a lake, disemboweled? And another young girl was shot, run over, and left for dead by a gang member? None of this is reported in the paper because, if tourists quit coming here, then the tourism tax that pays the city employees (like the police) plummets.

Does Wenatchee have the same "good ol' boy" elitist system that you find in many stagnant places in the south? If so, that explains a lot.

Yes it does! Leavenworth is even worse!

I have a theory...doesn't Link transit advertise to bring people back from Mission Ridge? I honestly don't know how far Pitcher Canyon is from there, but isn't it close to Mission? What if he/she/they did what they did at CB, dropped the car at PC, walked up to Mission, got on the Link bus, and rode back into town? I would think it would beat walking/jogging down the Mtn. This just a possibility that popped into my head.

Everything you said is very interesting. I lived here during the sex ring scandal and it was insane. The past cases can really give us an idea of how the LE in this town handles big things like this.

I just feel like we should know more, be kept more up to date, and that someone other than just the local police should be involved. Yes, I know the FBI was involved at one point, but I don't know if they still are. Since we are hearing nothing anymore, I have no idea.

It just doesn't seem right, or normal, for everyone to be kept in the dark regarding this case. If it truly is so they can catch the POI or suspect, then I can respect that. But I am just leary that this might not be the case here.

What I find most amazing about the sex ring scandal is that even the FBI did shoddy jobs on that case. Didn't even do ANY interviews.

I hope the FBI is more proactive in Mackenzie's case in evidence collection and processing, and in interviewing people, than they were with the sex ring thing. It wasn't just Bob Perez who flubbed the sex scandal case... the whole chain of investigative authority, from child protection all the way to the FBI and the US Attorney General, made a mess of that case.

I have a theory...doesn't Link transit advertise to bring people back from Mission Ridge? I honestly don't know how far Pitcher Canyon is from there, but isn't it close to Mission? What if he/she/they did what they did at CB, dropped the car at PC, walked up to Mission, got on the Link bus, and rode back into town? I would think it would beat walking/jogging down the Mtn. This just a possibility that popped into my head.

Speaking of Mission Ridge, Mackenzie went snowboarding on or around January 31, though not positive it was at Mission Ridge. From the research I've done, most people go there instead of to Stevens Pass (I think that was the name of the other snowboarding place). Things that make you go hmmmm.

Speaking of Mission Ridge, Mackenzie went snowboarding on or around January 31, though not positive it was at Mission Ridge. From the research I've done, most people go there instead of to Stevens Pass (I think that was the name of the other snowboarding place). Things that make you go hmmmm.

That is what made me think of this theory...

Stevens Pass is a very popular ski/snowboarding area.

Based on facts and rumors, I am guessing this is possibly what might have happened.

"The girl" left the school at 3pm. She might have driven either to Target, and then to the boat dock. Or, she went to the boat dock, before Target...perhaps she didn't go to Target at all. Anyway, she possibly met someone, at the boat dock, and he joined up with her, around 3:40. He got in her car...and maybe, forcibly, against her will. She may, or may not, have known him, well. They possibly drove through a car wash. They drove around town, a bit, (and possibly went to the spec house but left, due to likelihood there would be no privacy.) There might have had an intense conversation. Either the girl, or her passenger, decided to drive out to CB, around 5. Once there, their intense conversation grew angry, and evil, leading to the girl's death. In an effort to hide the girl's body, Passenger-Killer took the body down to the bushes. Passenger Killer was in a rush and but he possibly had plans to return, and deal with the situation, later. He knew he had to return the girl's car, quickly. He cleaned up in the river, and left...with crime scene items-tools in a bag. He possibly drove the girl's car up to PC, and left it. He possibly hiked down the hill, and maybe rode the city bus, part of the way, to the boat dock, to pick up his vehicle. Then, maybe he returned something to the spec house, or he went back there to pick up something he accidentally left, there. oOr, maybe he didn't even return there at all. If he and the girl went there prior to going to CB, he might not have gone back there, after getting back from CB.

My ideas and thoughts are likely to change as I hear or read more informational facts and informational rumors.

I am still guessing the killer is a white male who acted, alone. I don't have any idea what he looks like, or what his name might be.

All the above is just a guess. it's not factual. I hope something is proven, soon, and Killer is arrested.

Yeah....the city bus helped Killer get around, I bet.

To create an alibi. Spec house may have been the only place he could think of to clean up at. Then had to create an alibi and thought of getting a haircut at a place he was familiar with. When people are stressed out, they do not think logically. We are mapping out as if he thought about this as much as we have. He did not have as many days, like us, to think. He had a few hours of adrenalin, paranoia, and shock of what he had done.

Yes, the cleaning up idea at the house and the possibility of using a haircut as an alibi seem plausible to me, but what I was wondering about was the time frame. If there were no accomplice waiting with transportation, there would likely be some walking time involved, and the haircut is rumored to have happened around 6:00 p.m., IIRC.

Yes, the cleaning up idea at the house and the possibility of using a haircut as an alibi seem plausible to me, but what I was wondering about was the time frame. If there were no accomplice waiting with transportation, there would likely be some walking time involved, and the haircut is rumored to have happened around 6:00 p.m., IIRC.
from what i have heard second hand the car was left between 6:45 and 7:15 plus or minus five minutes

Stevens Pass is a very popular ski/snowboarding area.

Or, she could have met someone from the west side at Snoqualmie Pass, say someone from Tacoma... MOO

The theories that she went to CB of her own accord, and things proceeded at CB gives a very small window to accomplish many of the rumors, drop her car off at PC, and roll in for a haircut at 6pm. Wouldn't anyone have noticed her car at CB? All this would be taking place during daylight hours as, according to NOAA sunrise/sunset for Lat/Long of Wenatchee, sunset would have been 5:16 pm on Feb. 9th. It just doesn't make sense.

Does anyone remember who posted or when it was posted about the 911 call on PC road about litter being found with names on it? I've searched the threads and the Manson Tribune and can't find it. I think it was around 3/5 ish. I would really appreciate any help.

Or, she could have met someone from the west side at Snoqualmie Pass, say someone from Tacoma... MOO

True, but Snoqualmie isn't as well-regarded (according to my friends who snowboard.)

Tacoma person was cleared I thought. :waitasec:

Is Mission Ridge closer? Reason I ask is that Gold's where Mackenzie worked out had a poll asking which people perferred, Mission Ridge or Stevens Pass...

The results were 78% in favor of Mission Ridge...

http://wenatcheefitnessblog.com/tag/stevens-pass/

Undoubtedly Mission Ridge is closer, next closest would be Steven's Pass, but if you wanted a rendezvous with out the potential of running into someone you know, Snoqualmie is probably less than 2 hours.

Is Mission Ridge closer? Reason I ask is that Gold's where Mackenzie worked out had a poll asking which people perferred, Mission Ridge or Stevens Pass...

The results were 78% in favor of Mission Ridge...

http://wenatcheefitnessblog.com/tag/stevens-pass/

Mission Ridge is closer to Wenatchee.

Stevens is more popular, I think, partly because it's on a major road and is closer to the Seattle area.

I haven't been to Mission Ridge. I have been to Stevens, it is quite nice.

LE cleared Tacoma person?

Don't really know. Someone posted that their son was friends with Mr. Tacoma and that he and his girlfriend had been interviewed and cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff