Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me the purse they found last year was taken away as potential evidence.

My opinions only, no facts here:

This issue is covered in my timeline. I snipped the appropriate entries and added them below:

APRIL 17, 2013

A family dog in the Parsons area dug up a tattered leather purse and took it home. The location is said to be ?one to two miles from the Bobo family household?. (?Holly’s mother initially thought the purse belonged to Holly?). There seems to have been miscommunications; the purse may have been confused for a backpack, the purse was thought to contain personal items, etc. As near as I can tell, the purse was empty or it contained nothing important. Further, it apparently is NOT Holly’s purse- read below.

APRIL 18, 2013

The TBI conducts a ground search to try to find where the dog dug up the purse. It is believed that the TBI search turned up nothing new. My opinion- if the TBI already had Holly’s purse/pocketbook in their possession, this discovery would NOT have been so vigorously and so immediately followed up by searchers; this means that there could still be an undiscovered trophy for investigators. Even the perpetrator could still possess this or other trophies! However, this story gets weirder. An internet site claims that ?WSMV-TV in Nashville reported that the discovered purse contained Holly Bobo's driver license, a camera, a promise ring, and a key chain with a big H?. (I have not been able to confirm that WSMV-TV actually ever reported this story and I suspect that they did not). Although, I have not found realistic support for these strange claims, it remains possible that Holly Bobo’s purse plus roughly-comparable items could still be out there somewhere.

APRIL 19, 2013

Holly’s mother determines that the purse found by the dog is not her daughter’s purse.

Thinking about what you wrote .... wouldn't you think in such a high-profile case as this, and considering all the $$ that must have been spend-to-date by LE.... you would think they would have ZA constantly monitored and recorded by CCTV!?

If something should happen to ZA, what a mess as far as leaving so many unanswered questions. While we may never know what really happened, it's important this case goes to trial.
BBM
Brings back memories of Israel Keyes, who committed suicide in prison and left so many unanswered questions.

IMO, Zach is threatening suicide to garner sympathy for himself. Ironic? :facepalm:

It sounds to me that since he did not comply with "cuffing up" and being moved they sent in an "extraction team" to force him to comply and get him out of the cell. Not sure how it's done in TN but usually the "extraction" is videotaped by a fourth officer for both liability purposes and future training of the extraction teams. The inmate almost always complains they were treated unfairly to their attorneys and Judge.

JMO's

BBM
Brings back memories of Israel Keyes, who committed suicide in prison and left so many unanswered questions.

IMO, Zach is threatening suicide to garner sympathy for himself. Ironic? :facepalm:

If anything happens to ZA, imagine case being closed without knowing just evidence LE has against him. Worse, if he didn't do it and real killer gets away...

It sounds to me that since he did not comply with "cuffing up" and being moved they sent in an "extraction team" to force him to comply and get him out of the cell. Not sure how it's done in TN but usually the "extraction" is videotaped by a fourth officer for both liability purposes and future training of the extraction teams. The inmate almost always complains they were treated unfairly to their attorneys and Judge.

JMO's

Bottom line. Prison/jail is not a pleasant place meant for not so pleasant people. ZA, by all accounts, is not a pleasant person. If he wanted to be treated "politely" he should have treated others "politely" over the course of his life.

Goodness a suicide threat and assault charges. Zach Adams is cracking, but will it mean anything to the case!

Oh, here is the video on You Tube of the post court hearing presser Jeff Pearcy and his attorney held.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV2AR_DAgR8

The state asked for a continuance, apparently. And according to the attorney its due to lack of evidence. :shrugs:

Goodness a suicide threat and assault charges. Zach Adams is cracking, but will it mean anything to the case!

Oh, here is the video on You Tube of the post court hearing presser Jeff Pearcy and his attorney held.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV2AR_DAgR8

The state asked for a continuance, apparently. And according to the attorney its due to lack of evidence. :shrugs:

1st BBM: I agree ... maybe "reality" is setting in and ZA realizes he's not going anywhere ... he is "desperate" !

2nd BBM: First, I do believe there is some sort of "video" ... as to WHO had it and WHO viewed it, who knows ?

Now, could it be that JP only viewed that video -- that it was on someone else's electronic device and not one of his devices when he viewed it?

Just trying to look at this from different angles ...

But still, that does not get JP "off the hook" IMO because he then had knowledge of that video that showed Holly ...

I hope that made sense ... haven't had enough coffee yet ... lol !

:moo:

:seeya: Morning Y'all ! And Happy 4th of July !

BBM

I think it's more like he knows what's coming and has zero control over the situation anymore.

I'm not sure why you would assume that they "stormed in" - I assume the SWAT team is hyperbole. He is being held in a special area so, for all we know, the rules require XX number of people to attend to a prisoner move.

As for being polite about it or not, I generally assume that people act professionally in their jobs unless I have proof they didn't. And, frankly, they would be complete idiots to deliberately storm in and create a situation where he could get hurt on a high profile case like this.

It sounds from the description I read that he resisted being moved. Period. Anything else would be an assumption on my part.

IMO it is just another move to create stress for him in the hope that he will "crack". Note that once again they are using an allegation that he said something. In that scenario a warden "overhears" him saying that he is going to commit suicide by jumping from the highest point in his cell (is that even remotely possible????). This then becomes a pretext for send in a goon team to "move" him, and when they attack him he of course defends himself. This achieves two objectives: (a) it allows them to stack even more charges on him for "assault", making him even more paranoid and, if worst comes to worst, allows them to lock him up for who knows how long even if they don't/can't proceed with the Holly charges; and (b) it allows them to put him in a highly isolated cell where he can be subjected to "special" treatment to pressure him into confessing.

This is consistent with everything that has happened so far. First, they give deals to other criminals who make claims that he was involved, which allows them to arrest and charge him. Then, they do it again with a jailhouse "snitch" who claims that he threatened his brother. They do it once more with this guy who supposedly had a video, again based on an allegation which I bet came from someone looking for a deal on something else. Now this event, which once again appears to be a pretext to create a situation based on something that someone supposedly heard. Through all of this they are increasing his isolation. First by restricting his privileges and access to family/lawyers. Now they are going to lock him up in an isolation cell where he will most likely be facing 24/7 hours of harassment under the guise of "monitoring" him.

IMO they don't have any real evidence, and all of this is being done to create both pressure on him to lose his mental stability, snap and confess, while at the same time building up a web of jailhouse snitches/deals to create a general picture of guilt. Certainly, with all that has happened leading up to the arrest, and subsequently, it has all of the appearances of that scenario playing out.

They need to be ponying up some real evidence, not all this other he said/they said nonsense.

IMO it is just another move to create stress for him in the hope that he will "crack". Note that once again they are using an allegation that he said something. In that scenario a warden "overhears" him saying that he is going to commit suicide by jumping from the highest point in his cell (is that even remotely possible????). This then becomes a pretext for send in a goon team to "move" him, and when they attack him he of course defends himself. This achieves two objectives: (a) it allows them to stack even more charges on him for "assault", making him even more paranoid and, if worst comes to worst, allows them to lock him up for who knows how long even if they don't/can't proceed with the Holly charges; and (b) it allows them to put him in a highly isolated cell where he can be subjected to "special" treatment to pressure him into confessing.

This is consistent with everything that has happened so far. First, they give deals to other criminals who make claims that he was involved, which allows them to arrest and charge him. Then, they do it again with a jailhouse "snitch" who claims that he threatened his brother. They do it once more with this guy who supposedly had a video, again based on an allegation which I bet came from someone looking for a deal on something else. Now this event, which once again appears to be a pretext to create a situation based on something that someone supposedly heard. Through all of this they are increasing his isolation. First by restricting his privileges and access to family/lawyers. Now they are going to lock him up in an isolation cell where he will most likely be facing 24/7 hours of harassment under the guise of "monitoring" him.

IMO they don't have any real evidence, and all of this is being done to create both pressure on him to lose his mental stability, snap and confess, while at the same time building up a web of jailhouse snitches/deals to create a general picture of guilt. Certainly, with all that has happened leading up to the arrest, and subsequently, it has all of the appearances of that scenario playing out.

They need to be ponying up some real evidence, not all this other he said/they said nonsense.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Well said. Frankly, maybe the main suspect was fighting back because he did NOT want to leave the general jail population and be put in an isolation area. Maybe he knows something that we don't.

Returning to my list of the "unlucky six":

1) the main suspect
2) the second suspect (the big guy)
3) the main suspect's younger brother who claimed he saw Holly with his older brother after she disappeared
4) the unindicted suspect who claimed to know where Holly was buried, but could not deliver
5 and 6) the new brothers, who claim to have some knowledge about an incriminating video

First, there is a 250,000 dollar reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of a person or persons responsible for the abduction of Holly Bobo. Who on the above list may have simply been interested in taking a random shot at the reward and ended up caught in the dragnet? Who is not on the list and behind the scenes, taking their own shots at the reward (mystery informants)? Who on this current list would constitute an untouchable 'star witness' that assures a prosecution victory?

Secondly, far too much is made about any jailhouse confessions by the main suspect. I predicted the possibility of a jailhouse question on Websleuths before it happened. And I am NOT clairvoyant! But for crying out loud, the main suspect supposedly made a Facebook post (see my timeline) where he is standing in the woods in camoflauge asking "who am I looking for?". Who needs a jailhouse confession? Yet in my opinion, if this Facebook post is not spoofed, it screams out to me that the so-called main suspect is a very poor suspect. This Facebook post has the complete feel of a cruel prank, and not an on-line confession to the entire world.

It almost seems as if both the "unlucky six" AND the authorities are all too heavily-invested by now to lay down their guns and camoflauge. Everybody is digging in. Heck, even some of us Websleuthers are digging in! The whole case is feeding upon itself, and I watch with fascination for future developments.

:goodpost: Yes, by making things as miserable as possible, he might confess in to order to get a better prison life after pleading guilty... imagine if he waives right to trial and simply appears before a judge to plead guilty, and we never get to hear what the evidence was!

:goodpost: Yes, by making things as miserable as possible, he might confess in to order to get a better prison life after pleading guilty... imagine if he waives right to trial and simply appears before a judge to plead guilty, and we never get to hear what the evidence was!

You would get to still here some of the evidence. The defendant still has to provide and admit to facts surrounding the murder that corroborates the fact that he is, in fact, guilty. Judges don't just take a guilty plea and say, ok, case closed. No, the defendant is required to give some amount of details or admit to a fair amount of details that support such a guilty plea.

I have a very difficult time accepting the term "unlucky six". By all accounts, each of these guys are , even beyond Holly's case. Even if one doesn't believe they were involved in Holly's case, there is little doubt that their lives contributed to them being on LE's radar and that doesn't make me feel sorry for them.

My personal opinion...there is NOTHING unlucky about them or their circumstances at all. Evidence that LE is aware of points to them, not some blind (un)luck. And by evidence, no, I don't mean some random facebook post. If that was the evidence relied on by LE and the DA, they would have made the arrests years ago. I am confident that there is more to it than that.

My opinions only , no facts here:

I know watching old movies can be boring, and the actors' lines seem stiffly-executed and quaint by today's standards, but Casablanca (with Bogie) has a wonderful ending. Not the silly plane-taking-off scene with his ex-girlfriend, but when the French police officer (Capt. Louie Renault) collars Bogart for shooting the German officer (Major Strasser) and his deputies zoom up in their vehicle for the arrest (and obviously Bogie's immediate execution). But then, Capt. Renault says to his deputies: "Major Strasser's been shot; round up the usual suspects", and they speed off. And then Capt. Renault and Bogie walk off together and Bogie says, "Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship". By the way, the exact phrase "play it again Sam" was NOT in this movie.

What I am trying to say is that things are rarely as they seem, and it is common to round up the usual suspects. Unfortunately, the unusual rigidity of the U.S criminal justice system prevents any happy movie endings.

Sleuth On!

You would get to still here some of the evidence. The defendant still has to provide and admit to facts surrounding the murder that corroborates the fact that he is, in fact, guilty. Judges don't just take a guilty plea and say, ok, case closed. No, the defendant is required to give some amount of details or admit to a fair amount of details that support such a guilty plea.

But what if a Nolo contendere or "no contest" plea where defendant doesn't admit or deny committing crime, but takes the punishment. Essentially, with such a plea, the defendant is says: "I'm not saying I did it, and I'm not saying I didn't do it. All I'm saying is there's enough evidence against me to convict me of the crime"

I know, extremely unlikely to happen...

But what if a Nolo contendere or "no contest" plea where defendant doesn't admit or deny committing crime, but takes the punishment. Essentially, with such a plea, the defendant is says: "I'm not saying I did it, and I'm not saying I didn't do it. All I'm saying is there's enough evidence against me to convict me of the crime"

I know, extremely unlikely to happen...

Such a result would probably be less satisfying to most who have followed the case but you're right, such please are relatively rarely used, though not unheard of. Even when used, the prosecution would have to lay out, if the case went to trial, what evidence of guilt they would anticipate presenting to the jury. The defendant does then say, I still claim I didn't do it but I also acknowledge that all of that evidence would result in a conviction. So we would probably still learn more information. At the end of the day, whether it's a nolo contender plea, guilty plea or a full blown trial, there will still always be unanswered questions and LE and the DA will always likely have even more evidence that point to the defendants than what we'll ever hear about because it's not admissible in court.

I sure don't understand how some of you are calling these boys guilty. They have the right to a fair trial. I was down around Parsons talking to people and the collective response is "they don't have much of a case-they are putting those boys through hell trying to get them to confess because without a body they have nothing but circumstantial evidence at best-and not much of that"

In all likelihood they are involved however some lawyer has told them without physical evidence they can plea down to manslaughter-and more than likely be released on time served.

These are the very people who will be making up the jury pool and regardless of how they feel about Holly they are not going to send these boys to prison for life unless the state can prove it to their satisfaction.

People take jury duty seriously here and-as things stand now-the state has a problem.

This is not Hollywood or New York city, it's middle Tennessee. The same type of jury that let Mary Winkler off the murder charge because the State figured they had a slam dunk and put up a poor, somewhat lackluster, case. They didn't count on Mary's testimony- in which she was so believable and sincere-that she convinced everyone of the condition of the marriage.

The same exact thing is going to happen here with Holly's case. A group of people who were taking down a fireworks tent-an older man stated: " the prosecutors are trying to beat it out of those boys because they got their 'dicks hanging out in the wind' with no body and no proof and they look like fools" Most of the people agreed and I ask/pointed out: surly they don't think a middle Tennessee jury will send these boys to prison for life just because Holly was from around here" An older woman-his wife I assumed said: well they need to stop all the rumors around here that those boys are being beaten"

Somewhat a little OT:

Over the weekend there was another case of a LE officer beating the crap out of an unarmed woman as she seemed to just be walking away from him. Link below says:

"Speaking to the television station ABC7, the Californian Highway Patrol said that the officer had ordered the woman to stop walking, out of fears for her safety"

So let me get this straight. He is trying to keep her safe so he ends up punching her in the face a bunch of times and beats the crap out of her. ok.
These types of stories force us to wonder what really went on in that jail cell.

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...cer-punching-woman-on-the-floor-30409856.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth