While we are searching.. OT thread.

SideKick, SherlockJr and I investigated this very carefully and spoke to her on the telephone a number of times. We were not able to substantiate her story though Sherlock spent a great deal of time in the effort. I can give you details by PM if you like. I don't think we'd learn anything new by talking to her again. I sure wish Sherlock would get back on the forum.

BBM. You and me both. She is an incredible asset to the sleuthing done on this case. I hope she will consider returning.

SideKick, SherlockJr and I investigated this very carefully and spoke to her on the telephone a number of times. We were not able to substantiate her story though Sherlock spent a great deal of time in the effort. I can give you details by PM if you like. I don't think we'd learn anything new by talking to her again. I sure wish Sherlock would get back on the forum.

Yes, I recall SherlockJr spoke to her and nothing came of it, I guess I don't give up that easily! LOL
My hopes were perhaps something was missed, the girl may recall something else. I find that it was pretty remarkable to have known about someone who 'thought' she saw Anna without anyone putting it into her mind first. I respect however, this area is now a closed discussion. thanks

Yes, I recall SherlockJr spoke to her and nothing came of it, I guess I don't give up that easily! LOL
My hopes were perhaps something was missed, the girl may recall something else. I find that it was pretty remarkable to have known about someone who 'thought' she saw Anna without anyone putting it into her mind first. I respect however, this area is now a closed discussion. thanks

It's not necessarily a closed discussion; it's just that I'd prefer to communicate with you privately about it. The woman lives near here and I was in on at least one of several telephone conversations with her. I'm glad you don't give up easily, SK!

I'm baaaaaaccccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, SherlockJr! It's wonderful to have you back!

:welcomeback:

This thread in the Unidentified forum immediately made me think of Anna. I guess because the little girl has that beautiful blonde hair and is in Greece. If a situation like this was discovered in the 1970s, I'll bet nobody would have blinked an eye.

Police seek biological parents of girl (4) found in Roma settlement - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm glad you noticed this, annemc2. I read about it in the Greek papers and of course looked (but didn't see) any family resemblance. The good thing is that we are registered, I think, with Hamomilo tou Paidiou, the organization which is assisting in the investigation, and of course Anna is also on the International Missing Children's database, complete with videos. I think Greece has been active in searching for missing children for much longer than the US has, mainly because so many Greek children were abducted and taken out of the country during the Greek civil war which followed World War II.

:christmastree:

Dear Anna's Family,

Wishing you all the very best, thinking of everyone this Christmas Day.
Hugs and Peace,

xx

Sidekick

Fair warning, vent to follow.

The most recent possible match got me thinking about Cynthia Day's family and how at the time, it was believed there was no way to confirm remains found shortly after she disappeared for an official id. ....Fast forward 7 YEARS, yes, you read that right, 7 years later someone finally made the effort to locate a finger print and the match was confirmed.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_93b9cd90-0c16-5231-8118-deed723c9053.html

What does this have to do with Anna's case? Well, I guess considering we were told NamUs case UP 9597 was determined to belong to a male, why, almost 4 years later has the case file not been updated to A. add Anna's name to the rule out list and B.update the gender from 'unknown' to 'male'?

There is nothing that annoys me more than people who fail to pay attention to detail when doing their job. It causes me to doubt the accuracy of their work. Lazy, sloppy work. :gaah:

Fair warning, vent to follow.

The most recent possible match got me thinking about Cynthia Day's family and how at the time, it was believed there was no way to confirm remains found shortly after she disappeared for an official id. ....Fast forward 7 YEARS, yes, you read that right, 7 years later someone finally made the effort to locate a finger print and the match was confirmed.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_93b9cd90-0c16-5231-8118-deed723c9053.html

What does this have to do with Anna's case? Well, I guess considering we were told NamUs case UP 9597 was determined to belong to a male, why, almost 4 years later has the case file not been updated to A. add Anna's name to the rule out list and B.update the gender from 'unknown' to 'male'?

There is nothing that annoys me more than people who fail to pay attention to detail when doing their job. It causes me to doubt the accuracy of their work. Lazy, sloppy work. :gaah:

Ugh don't you hate that. I get that they have tons of cases to code in the computers follow up leads and stuff but it only takes a minute or to to log in and change from unknown to male.

We still have a several months left of this year I pray that answers about Anna come soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back