OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

Has this girls DNA been checked against Christina Lynn Carter? Little missing girl who was 3 when she disappeared?

From Doenetwork.org

Case File 2528DFAL

Right: Age Progression by NCMEC to age 38

Christina Lynn Carter
Missing since September 17, 1973 from Hueytown, Alabama
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: May 29, 1970
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 3 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'2" (97 cm); 30 lbs (14 kg)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
•AKA: Christy
•DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Christina was last seen on September 17, 1973.
Janet, Christina's mother and Christina's father had divorced two months before, and Christina's father was seeking custody of the child.
On October 7, Janet's nude, bound body was found inside a duffel bag alongside Clingman's Dome Road in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
She had been killed by suffocation the same day she was found.
Her remains were not identified for a month.
It was after the identification that authorities realized Christina was missing.
An extensive search of the park turned up no indication of Christina's whereabouts.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Hueytown Police Department
205-491-3587
Email

Agency Case Number: 08030498

NCMEC #: NCMC1084835

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Charley Project
NamUs

Yes DNA has been already compared to Christina's. They were not a match.

Does that mean I can't let you know what the results are when they come in? i.e. no further discussion?

I was under the impression there was going to be no DNA comparison as it had been done? That NCMEC was not working with the dna samples as they had been compared? Has that changed?

Also, I am no longer moderating so you will need to ask the current moderators regarding further discussion.

hth

i read on the fb page that dna was being done but by the family and not the ncmec and the results should be in soon. im sure if the lead does pan out and the dna matches ncmec will have a lot of explaining to do

I have not been on for awhile now maybe a couple times here and there I have been thinking about this case non stop for about five years now, the nicknames and aliases that Floyd used were many but one always bugged me and that was Kingfisher Floyd I thought and searched many times to locate different places with that name since he moved from one place to another, keep in mind that I have not been on in a while so I am not all that sure if someone came up with this thought. Kingfisher is a name of a brand or company that is or sells boats... Floyd had a boat that looked similar to the Kingfisher brand boats...so I guess that what I am thinking is that the actual name of his boat could have been The Kingfisher and he just added Floyd at the end because he thought it made him look awesome or big in some way.
If his boat sank I am wondering if there was any evidence that could have tied him to who Sharon was or if there was any evidence period for what ever other sick crime he did, or for his occasional income of insurance money, if the boat sank where was he? He wasn't on it... no such luck. I wonder if there was ever a report made? If it wasn't out to sea then where did it sink? If it sank while it was in the harbor docked then it really wouldn't have been in that deep of water and he would have been made to have it hauled out or brought to the surface, at least I would think. We have a boat launch where I live and you can rent space to dock your boat but it is your responsibility to remove it if it becomes disabled or sinks because of whatever reason. Anyway let me know what you think. :twocents:

i read on the fb page that dna was being done but by the family and not the ncmec and the results should be in soon. im sure if the lead does pan out and the dna matches ncmec will have a lot of explaining to do

Even if it does not match, they have given up the opportunity of comparing that DNA with the multitude of other unidentifides out there - one wonders why?

As to the name "Kingfisher", I discovered a lot of the names that Floyd used for himself and Sharon were also the names of locations in Oklahoma... Sharon, Davis, Trent, Kingfisher County...It's also a male name seen occasionally in the south, in states such as Alabama and Louisiana.

If I'm not mistaken (and my memory ain't what it used to be), Floyd's boat was recovered by the insurance company at which time it was discovered he had intentionally scuttled it by drilling holes in the bottom.

In regard to the NCMEC, I'm guessing their standpoint is that there is no official law enforcement investigation into the real identity of the young woman known as Sharon Marshall. The tests done against her DNA were all done in an effort to locate "officially listed" missing children.
The best we can hope for in the case of Rhonda/Melissa is that her adoptive mother file some type of report, and as all I've heard in regard to her is that she's a street person in Texas somewhere, as I recall, that probably won't happen.

here is a side-by-side of Sharon Marshall vs. Lori Peugeot

Attachments

• Sharon vs Lori Peugeot.jpg
    Sharon vs Lori Peugeot.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 259
Thinking outloud. With the interest in this case, I wonder why no one has tried to do the paternal dna to identify a possible surname for Sharon. Or is that likely not going to be considered due to the small number of persons in the y-dna databases?

In the event Sharons birth mother is still alive and unaware of this case, I wonder if she had been in any kind of trouble which she might have had dna submitted based on a crime. And if Sharons dna might match either of her biological parents (or another biological family member) in a criminal versus missing persons database. Or is that too far of a stretch due to privacy issues?

Thinking outloud. With the interest in this case, I wonder why no one has tried to do the paternal dna to identify a possible surname for Sharon. Or is that likely not going to be considered due to the small number of persons in the y-dna databases?

In the event Sharons birth mother is still alive and unaware of this case, I wonder if she had been in any kind of trouble which she might have had dna submitted based on a crime. And if Sharons dna might match either of her biological parents (or another biological family member) in a criminal versus missing persons database. Or is that too far of a stretch due to privacy issues?

For the paternal DNA the sample has to be from say Sharon's Father, Brother, Uncle (brother to the father) Or a nephew. The paternal DNA is not passed on directly to females. But the maternal DNA is different, I am on the same page with you cubby I think that they could send a sample to Ancestry.com and I also believe they could do some forensic tests on Sharon's teeth there was a seperate case that was spoke of on the Doe network that used forensic dentistry and it spoke volumes as to where this girl was from as well as her mother.

It allmost to myself That somebody high up don't want this case sloved..

We been running into brickwall's from the start of this case.. Harder we try the bigger the brickwall is..

Kind of make you wonder sometimes.. I know I put atleast a grand total of a week if not more just in this one case...

Has Sheri Lynn Johnson been ruled out as Sharon Marshall?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1024dfmo.html

She doesn't look that much like the pic of Suzanne Davis, but her missing mother has somewhat similar looks of Sharon in some photos.
Freda Loretta Denman
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1023dfmo.html

Wasn't Floyd associated with the Church of the New Song? It was felt that Denman's husband killed her, and gave the children away. Wish we knew more about that.

Never mind, I see she's been ruled out.

i believe she was ruled out.

some of the others that were ruled out were
Janice pockett missing 1973 tolland ct
and a few others who have escaped my mind at the moment there is a listing though in the thread archives

Yes if I am not badly misstaken Ole stinking Floyd was in "CONS" group in a big way..

Sorry I can not double check for you my Bible " Matt's Book" on this case was thrown out in the trash by a EX-Girlfriend ... Now she can't understand why she is now my EX... She throw my Bible on this case away the dizzy crazy soap opera watching woman..

But I feel sure one of our fine wonderfull members will back up my claim on the "CONS" question or correct it for me...

It allmost to myself That somebody high up don't want this case sloved..

We been running into brickwall's from the start of this case.. Harder we try the bigger the brickwall is..

Kind of make you wonder sometimes.. I know I put atleast a grand total of a week if not more just in this one case...

I just started reading HERE today, but did read Matt's book previously. The smell of room freshener is almost palpable.

Yes, Floyd was involved with the CONS from the federal pen in Atlanta as I recall. I always remember it because Matt documented in his book that CONS published its newsletter during the 70s out of my current city of residence.

I want to Thank both of you for your help on that matter...

I thought that weasel Kingfish Floyd was big time in the Con the CONS game..

I swear I can't help it... Very hard for myself to call Floyd by his real name...He will have to go down in history as one of the worst convict ever in history.. I can't see how he stay out of jail as long as he did.. He was allways up to no good... I guess all that moving around help keep him off local LE radar in turn that keep him off the Big LE Radar...... He get in trouble in one town he pack up and dissappear that very same night..

he is a worthless piece of nothing. scum of the earth who deserves not to be sitting in jail but to be tortured the way sharon was and killed just like she was. this sick man will die knowing sharons secrets he will never reveal them to anyone. people have wrote to him Matt b interviewed him and all that comes out of his mouth is a whole bunch of crap that makes no sense at all. if floyd had anything good left in him he would reveal what happened to sharon and michael but i dont ever see that happening

Hi, checking in here as it's been a while since I've checked in on "Sharon's" case...I don't know why I assumed she would be in NAMUS under UIDs, but I did, so I went to find an up to date list of ruleouts, and I can't find her anywhere. Is she really not listed in NAMUS? She should be...I'd think that would be the first place they'd want her case listed to garner any DNA matches.

I have, from re-reviewing the threads, the following list of ruleouts:

Christina Carter
Cynthia Sampler
Anna Waters
Jennifer Klein
Cheryl Hanson
Sheri Lynn Johnson
Janice Pockett
Lori Peugeot

Can someone confirm if I'm missing any additional rule-outs that may have been made recently?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back