Identified! NC - Charlotte, Skeletal Remains, in woods behind apts, Jan'10 - Name withheld

My gosh!!! So many remains have been found this week. 6 I can think of right off the top of my head.

Praying these will be ID'ed soon and a family can get answers.

I think they were looking for Kristi Cornwell in NC weren't they?

You are right, she was from Georgia but they thought she might be in NC..if it is her the next phase of this search can start, and her family will know..to quote Gil "having seen,they are lovely bones" I know how that sounds..but the finding of these bones can perhaps close forever the hole in the heart of their family and stop the constant torture of not knowing.

a TV caller said that christie could be found in blairsville? huh?
she was the first one i thought of before i read that too.
dang

Skeletal remains discovered in west Charlotte
wcnc.com
Posted: Saturday, Jan. 30, 2010
CHARLOTTE – Homicide detectives are investigating after skeletal remains were found in the woods of a west Charlotte neighborhood early Saturday. Police were called to the 3300 block of Forestbrook Drive in the Toddville Road neighborhood around 11:30 a.m.

Detectives have determined the remains are human and their investigation continues. It’s too early to determine the race, age or approximate length of time that the body has been in the woods.

The remains have been taken to the Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the cause of death and the approximate date of death.

The homicide unit will work closely with the missing persons unit to review missing person cases that may be related to this case.

Anyone with information regarding this may also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1215618.html

Kyle Fleischman was my first thought when I heard the news. Kyle is the young man who has been missing for two years after leaving an uptown bar in Nov. 2007. Kyle has been featured on America's Most Wanted at least three times.

Last year, there was a tip that perhaps his body was located in an area that is not far - within a couple of miles - from the location where these remains were found.

As far as Christy Conwell, i believe the information about her possibly being found in NC was more in western N.C. - perhaps a hundred or more miles from this site.

Charley Project lists 27 MP's from Charlotte or Charlotte-Mecklenburg (I don't know if there is a difference), and there are a couple more in Doe and NAMPN that aren't in CP. Without specifics on gender, ethnicity, and age, it could be any of these - and that's if you make the invalid assumption that the UID is from Charlotte. (e.g., C Conwell is not among these 29)

Charley Project lists 27 MP's from Charlotte or Charlotte-Mecklenburg (I don't know if there is a difference),

Charlotte is the city and it is located in Mecklenburg County, so Charlotte/Mecklenburg are essentially the same.

What about Brittanee Drexel? She's missing from South Carolina, but Charlotte isn't too far from the SC border. It may be a long-shot, but just another to think about.

What about Brittanee Drexel? She's missing from South Carolina, but Charlotte isn't too far from the SC border. It may be a long-shot, but just another to think about.

Metro Charlotte is actually made up of both SC and NC, since Charlotte, NC butts right up against the SC border. By direct line of measure, Myrtle Beach is about 160 miles from Charlotte... but by driving, it is a 200 mile journey (About 4+ hours driving). I don't think the distance and driving time would deter a perp... so it being BD could be a possibility. I, personally, thought of Kyle Fleischmann, first, when I read a report that it was bones that were found. It has been over 2 years since his disappearance after leaving a Charlotte bar.

From link
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/22402691/detail.html

"The man also said neighbors who live in the building closest to where the remains were found had complained about smelling a bad odor last summer, but thought it may have been dead birds in the ventilation system."

If this is the case then perhaps this isn't Kyle. Off to look at missing persons for last summer....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back