George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a lot of nothing if you ask me. I would have just let this guy go. I think this is nothing to the jury and tells them basically, We don't know and can not tell whose voice it is.

Move on.

I agree so far the prosecutions case has been weak. IMO the prosecution has proven reasonable doubt. Now the defense is making the prosecutions witnesses their witness.

I want to hear the defense's side.........

I think I heard it might last 4 weeks. At this point, if the Prosecution doesn't come up with better evidence than they have presented so far, then the Defense should make a motion to dismiss the charges at the end of the Proscution case. Doubt if the Judge would do it.

JMO

Well, that's a standard motion that any defense team is obligated to make. But I agree, the state has nowhere near presented its case. This should never have went to trial if they didn't have more. They basically called a bunch of people, other than DeeDee, to say I couldn't see or hear anything and couldn't tell you who/what I saw.

This prosecution sucks and this has to be the WORST prosecution team I have ever seen. (and I thought the people prosecuting Drew Peterson were making mistakes).

Well, that's a standard motion that any defense team is obligated to make. But I agree, the state has nowhere near presented its case. This should never have went to trial if they didn't have more. They basically called a bunch of people, other than DeeDee, to say I couldn't see or hear anything and couldn't tell you who/what I saw.

Angela Corey pretty much forced the whole thing.

Defense is testy and the Judge seems to have gotten a cold. I gather this without watching the video.

I heard this weekend it is expected to wrap up Wednesday(prosecution). I was surprised. Hope they have some blockbuster evidence to come out.

This was my original understanding as well. However, now I'm getting a sense that it will last longer. Hope they stay within their schedule.

So far, I admire the professionalism of both DT and prosecution? Anyone else?

This is a lot of nothing if you ask me. I would have just let this guy go. I think this is nothing to the jury and tells them basically, We don't know and can not tell whose voice it is.

Move on.

I agree. The witness was not allowed to present an opinion either way on who it was and so basically he's been called to say, I don't know who was screaming. How does this help the jury in determining who was screaming?

Good grief. The talking heads are saying that the state has been calling the defense's witnesses as "strategy." This guy was supposed to be the defense's witness. IMO, that only proves to me that the state has no case.

This was my original understanding as well. However, now I'm getting a sense that it will last longer. Hope they stay within their schedule.

So far, I admire the professionalism of both DT and prosecution? Anyone else?

Absolutely. It's really refreshing to see following the Jodi Arias trial. But, as a defense lawyer, when the truth and evidence is on your side, you don't need to make a bunch of erroneous motions and appeals and all that. They just stick to their case and the evidence and they're basically home free.

Defense is testy and the Judge seems to have gotten a cold. I gather this without watching the video.

Apparently, West is peeved because the state just called the defense's witness.

Good grief. The talking heads are saying that the state has been calling the defense's witnesses as "strategy." This guy was supposed to be the defense's witness. IMO, that only proves to me that the state has no case.

The state might not have a case, but this trial doesn't appear to me to be about evidence anyway.

I agree. The witness was not allowed to present an opinion either way on who it was and so basically he's been called to say, I don't know who was screaming. How does this help the jury in determining who was screaming?

This is to establish the reason why neither defense nor prosecution will be calling expert witnesses to testify as to whether it was GZ or TM screaming.

I am surprised to see this witness.
I though the judge ruled voice analysis inadmissible?

That's what I thought I heard too. When did this change, or is the jury no present during his testimony?

This is to establish the reason why neither defense nor prosecution will be calling expert witnesses to testify as to whether it was GZ or TM screaming.

Thanks for clearing that up. But, again, as a juror, I would be confused.

DW just said he has a "constitutional " argument to make... I have my own constitution issue and I'm happy for the side bar. :)

That's what I thought I heard too. When did this change, or is the jury no present during his testimony?

I believe the judge said the state could not bring in their "experts".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member