Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes perfect sense to me. There had to something that causes them to raise the alarm. She attempted to cover her tracks on the blood in the bathroom. She talked about her ears possibly bleeding, how she scratched the blood in the sink, and how Meredith was possibly having menstrual issues.

Why would they need something to raise alarm? Why raise alarm at all?

Why cover the traces in the bathroom with stories while pointing the traces to the police instead of simply cleaning them? This one is really baffling to me.

That's your opinion. If you see it as suspicious it's even harder to explain why would she tell such a story, casting even more suspicion on herself instead of not mentioning it.

I've already answered this. I don't think anyone can plan the perfect murder, nor can they determine how all the evidence will be interpreted. I think they do the best they can think to do without being able to know what it will be like from someone elses perspective.

Why would they need something to raise alarm? Why raise alarm at all?

Why cover the traces in the bathroom with stories while pointing the traces to the police instead of simply cleaning them? This one is really baffling to me.

I've answered all this repeatedly on this page.

Can I just say asking the same questions or rewording them isn't changing my mind. Going in circles and saying my answers don't make sense to you gets the discussion nowhere.

For the record I feel the same way about things you feel are "normal"

This is all IMO.

IMO had they wanted to do that, they could have followed through with their plans to Guibbio.

I've already said IMO I think they wanted to be around for the discovery, just not alone. They gave Filomena plenty of time to get home before they finally called 112. Not knowing the postal police were arriving any minute.

Why did they panic enough to try to break Meredith's door one minute and the next it was nothing to worry about? In your opinion?
OK - sorry; I am only human, I forgot you had said that. ;)

And I myself had already said ( ;) ) that I indeed did find it suspect, that Knox seemed to do an "about-face" on the door issue. :D

If you don't know a murder has taken place, in a cottage full of women, where else do you think she reasonably thought the blood came from? I think her thinking was totally believable.

The ministrations the prosecution has gone through to put AK and RS in the murder scene is what isn't believable.

Personally I think the whole cottage is the crime scene, not limited to Meredith's room. I can't explain everything, all I can do is give my thoughts on how I reached my opinion.

It's not her thinking its period blood that makes me suspicious. It's using a mat you think has period blood all over it to wipe your feet and scoot to your room I find unbelievable.

Personally I think the whole cottage is the crime scene, not limited to Meredith's room. I can't explain everything, all I can do is give my thoughts on how I reached my opinion.

It's not her thinking its period blood that makes me suspicious. It's using a mat you think has period blood all over it to wipe your feet and scoot to your room I find unbelievable.
Sorry if this has already been answered (I'm sure it has, but I missed certain details) : Knox said she had no towel at all, and this is why she used the mat? I think if I had no towel at all I would run to get one, and later after drying, use it to wipe up all the dripped water (in fact I have done this at home).

Here's the video again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JL6nIkaYLs

Here's the guy again:
attachment.php

You're not seriously saying he wouldn't be able to go into the window from that position if not for the bars that block the way?

Do you think the guy who's doing the demonstration is lying when he says it's easy to do without the bars? Why would he lie about it?

I feel my question is being avoided

Does the video past the 1:46 mark SHOW the climber lower himself back down right as it cuts to the lawyers?

Does it pan back to him sitting on the ledge holding the bars?

Sorry if this has already been answered (I'm sure it has, but I missed certain details) : Knox said she had no towel at all, and this is why she used the mat? I think if I had no towel at all I would run to get one, and later after drying, use it to wipe up all the dripped water (in fact I have done this at home).

Yes that was why she said she used to mat.

I completely agree SMK

In fact even if I would normally use the mat in this way. I would probably avoid it if I thought it had period blood all over it.

OK - sorry; I am only human, I forgot you had said that. ;)

And I myself had already said ( ;) ) that I indeed did find it suspect, that Knox seemed to do an "about-face" on the door issue. :D

Thanks it's no worries really, ill repeat it as much as necessary. That is unless evidence is shown to me that will change my mind.

IMO had they wanted to do that, they could have followed through with their plans to Guibbio.

I've already said IMO I think they wanted to be around for the discovery, just not alone. They gave Filomena plenty of time to get home before they finally called 112. Not knowing the postal police were arriving any minute.

Why did they panic enough to try to break Meredith's door one minute and the next it was nothing to worry about? In your opinion?

bbm

Exactly! Why? I don't understand the argument that they were waiting for Filomena to come. Why wait for her, attracting significant suspicion with inconsistent behavior? Why not ask the cops or the two boyfriends that arrived to break the door?

I feel my question is being avoided

Does the video past the 1:46 mark SHOW the climber lower himself back down right as it cuts to the lawyers?

Does it pan back to him sitting on the ledge holding the bars?

Of course it does but it's not interesting. It's after he demonstrated the climb without using the bars. Why not get to the point?

bbm

Exactly! Why? I don't understand the argument that they were waiting for Filomena to come. Why wait for her, attracting significant suspicion with inconsistent behavior? Why not ask the cops or the two boyfriends that arrived to break the door?

I don't know that's my question considering it was Filomena that insisted the door be broken down after Amanda claimed that Meredith often locked her door.

Of course it does but it's not interesting. It's after he demonstrated the climb without using the bars. Why not get to the point?

My ONLY point is that the video leaves it to its viewers to decide whether he made the climb without the bars, since they don't actually show it.

I choose to believe he wasn't able to because IMO they had NO other reason to cut the camera at that moment.

I don't care about the motivation of the people making the video.

ITA they needed to cover the evidence that knew would be found. If she hadn't blow dried her hair for example, how would she discover the toilet?

Yes, good point. And they purposefully left the poo and wanted it to be found, since it supported their "burglar" theory.

I really really, in my heart, feel that they thought, if the police link back to Rudy, it's their word vs. his.....who is going to believe the "Black man"?

It's just like Yellow and others have posted....who's gonna believe that two college students with no criminal history, etc., are gonna be a part of this? And who will believe that Rudy, with shady past and just generally not "like them," committed a burglary, rape, and murder.....everyone. Everyone would believe that story.

What they didn't account for was that the police were not going to blindly believe that story just because it "fits the bill", instead they would look at the evidence....and where did that lead them?

And that's what happened.

About the locked door: I knew the door to MK's room needed a key to lock it, but I did not know (prior to just reading now) that in order to lock the door, the key had to be taken out of the interior lock, placed in the exterior, and locked. I had assumed that it could be pulled shut with the key in the exterior and it would lock that way.

I suppose this is why the police might have suspected Amanda locked it: Why would Guede trouble himself with the process? Unless it was to keep MK from going for help? Indeed, why would Amanda or anyone do it? (unless to force others to discover the body if she wanted to be the one to discover the crime scene).

I don't think that experiment would be valid as RG would have reason to make it appear he couldn't do it.

Even if he made it look like he couldn't do it, we would have a much better idea than some small Italian guy and some lawyer trying to do it.

Just like with this guy and the position that he's in, one can tell he cannot pull his whole weight up by the fingers.

With Rudy, we would have been able to tell what height he would have been at, etc.. It would give us a much better idea, IMO, than some random guys who are nothing like Rudy's physical structure, attempting to do it.

I believe we would be able to tell if he was just "faking it." And we could get the general proportions of where he would be on the wall, what position, etc..

Worth a shot, I think, but of course not possible.

Yes, good point. And they purposefully left the poo and wanted it to be found, since it supported their "burglar" theory.

I really really, in my heart, feel that they thought, if the police link back to Rudy, it's their word vs. his.....who is going to believe the "Black man"?

It's just like Yellow and others have posted....who's gonna believe that two college students with no criminal history, etc., are gonna be a part of this? And who will believe that Rudy, with shady past and just generally not "like them," committed a burglary, rape, and murder.....everyone. Everyone would believe that story.

What they didn't account for was that the police were not going to blindly believe that story just because it "fits the bill", instead they would look at the evidence....and where did that lead them?

And that's what happened.
There is logic to this, yes. I recall in the Pamela Smart case, when she was being taped by a wire (without her knowledge, of course) she kept saying, "Who are they going to believe? Me, a college educated professional, or some 16 year old sitting in the slammer?" Of course that tape made short work of her "innocence".

About the locked door: I knew the door to MK's room needed a key to lock it, but I did not know (prior to just reading now) that in order to lock the door, the key had to be taken out of the interior lock, placed in the exterior, and locked. I had assumed that it could be pulled shut with the key in the exterior and it would lock that way.

I suppose this is why the police might have suspected Amanda locked it: Why would Guede trouble himself with the process? Unless it was to keep MK from going for help? Indeed, why would Amanda or anyone do it? (unless to force others to discover the body if she wanted to be the one to discover the crime scene).

Meredith's door had to locked, so when Filomena says she's corcerned about Meredith amanda has the excuse her door is locked.

IMO they didn't want to be the one to make the discovery, they only wanted to be there when it was made. Why else would they stand so far away when the door was broken down.

My ONLY point is that the video leaves it to its viewers to decide whether he made the climb without the bars, since they don't actually show it.

You avoided that part of my question:
attachment.php

You're not seriously saying he wouldn't be able to go into the window from that position if not for the bars that block the way?

I choose to believe he wasn't able to because IMO they had NO other reason to cut the camera at that moment.

At what moment again? He hoists himself up and lowers himself back without any cuts.

I don't care about the motivation of the people making the video.
Of course you don't. You would have to come up with something plausible and that's not easy to do.
At least you don't say he was suspended on hidden wires, like Otto does.
What you suggest however is seriously unethical and deceptive. It's hard to imagine why would a British TV station pay for something like this. It's hard to imagine all these people would willingly take part in it without protests. Especially the Perugian doctor that does the demonstration and is identified by name in the video.

Meredith's door had to locked, so when Filomena says she's corcerned about Meredith amanda has the excuse her door is locked.

IMO they didn't want to be the one to make the discovery, they only wanted to be there when it was made. Why else would they stand so far away when the door was broken down.
So the door could have even been locked by Amanda right that morning, when she made the call......as she likely would not have been thinking that for ahead the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe