Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have really been thinking about something.

As far as OSBI has said they have a witness that saw the girls walking along the road that day before the murders happened.

However all other witnesses have made no mention at all of seeing the girls walking but Brown stated that these several witnesses saw the POI on that road around the time of the crime.

If the sighting of the girls walking was a few minutes earlier then why did no other witness who came down the same road, see the girls?:confused:

The witnesses would have had to pass them no matter which way the witnesses may have been traveling. Where were the girls?!!!!

imoo

Either they didn't release everything the witnesses told them or the girls were already gone. I don't see there being any other reason.

As far as OSBI has said they have a witness that saw the girls walking along the road that day before the murders happened.

However all other witnesses have made no mention at all of seeing the girls walking but Brown stated that these several witnesses saw the POI on that road around the time of the crime.

If the sighting of the girls walking was a few minutes earlier then why did no other witness who came down the same road, see the girls?:confused:

The witnesses would have had to pass them no matter which way the witnesses may have been traveling. Where were the girls?!!!!

imoo
I think the statement was that one person saw the girls near where they were found. I think more people saw the girls walking on the road - just not near where they were found.

And two girls walking on a country road is not something noted in the area....but a man just hanging out/standing around with his truck parked sideways across the road would be unusual.

And it is implied that the POI was there AFTER the girls were last seen - that when people noticed him the girls were already dead. So those people wouldn't have seen the girls - except MAYBE the one person who saw the girls right before they were killed - maybe HE SAW the girls AND the POI????

My Opinion

I think the statement was that one person saw the girls near where they were found. I think more people saw the girls walking on the road - just not near where they were found.

And two girls walking on a country road is not something noted in the area....but a man just hanging out/standing around with his truck parked sideways across the road would be unusual.

And it is implied that the POI was there AFTER the girls were last seen - that when people noticed him the girls were already dead. So those people wouldn't have seen the girls - except MAYBE the one person who saw the girls right before they were killed - maybe HE SAW the girls AND the POI????

My Opinion

I was under the impression they have always said that they have one witness that saw the girls walking shortly before the crime.

I don't think that is necessarily true, FC. I live in a rural area and we definitely notice children walking together along a dirt road by themselves...especially girls.

I don't think they did. Not the ones that saw the POI...I think the girls were already dead and that is how LE has been able to feel very comfortable with the TOD.

Imo he almost got caught. He could clearly see or hear if anyone was approaching on that road and I think that is when he quickly pulled his truck at an angle to block the view where the shoulder and ditch area was and he waited for the witness to pass him on by and when they were out of sight he did the u turn right where he had been sitting there at the crime scene and went back toward the bridge so he would not run up on the vehicle that had just passed him again.

imo

Man Ocean as I was reading that last post it seemed so clear. I am wondering if dust was flying ? Would the witness even mention it? Someone mentioned awhile back about hypnotizing the witnesses. I wonder if the did..

Man Ocean as I was reading that last post it seemed so clear. I am wondering if dust was flying ? Would the witness even mention it? Someone mentioned awhile back about hypnotizing the witnesses. I wonder if the did..

I just wondered about the same thing about 5 minutes ago then I came over and read your thoughts.:)

Remember LE said they were not going to tell everything that the witnesses saw?:eek:

It certainly was better for him to see him standing outside of the truck trying to appear nonchalant rather than to let them see what his truck concealed that was in the ditch imo.

Where in heck is this hiding?:furious:

imo

I wish I knew ..That is the million $ question. Has there not been any news or case highlight anywhere? I don't get it.

I was the poster who mentioned hypnotizing the witnesses that could ID the man, the truck, and said they saw the tag was OK tag. They might be able to remember the tag number if they remembered all that.

I was the poster who mentioned hypnotizing the witnesses that could ID the man, the truck, and said they saw the tag was OK tag. They might be able to remember the tag number if they remembered all that.

That is a great idea.

Sometimes they are reluctant because if this ever gets to trial the defense attorney will protest vehemently that thoughts and suggestions were but in their heads while they were hypnotized.

I think it would depend on whether LE think they really need this witness at trial and whether they would take a chance with hypnotizing them further or what they saw as it stands now will become a pivotal part of the case all by itself.

imoo

If they could get the tag of the truck they may be able to put pieces together from there ..especially if they have more then 1 witness to the truck being at the crime scene. It would take only 1 witness to remember the tag number.

Does anyone know whether "hypnotically enhanced" evidence is admissible in OK courts? My very brief research seems to indicate that it is okay, but my understanding of the language in statutes is limited.

I don't know they would need to use it in court, but they could certainly use it as a tool to get the tag number. Obtaining the tag number is similar to finding out if the truck is a Ford or Chevy. It doesn't go towards actual evidence if they later can place the person at the scene physically. Of course, it is only my opinion and I could be very wrong. LOL

Evidently, it is admissible.

Here is an OK case concerning hypnotic enhancement:

¶7 In his third proposition, petitioner asserts that it was error to have admitted the testimony of Pam Lynch and Verna Stafford because it was tainted by hypnotic enhancement. Prior to the attempt to hypnotize her, Verna Stafford had already informed the police of her husband's involvement in the murders. This Court held in Johnson v. State, 665 P.2d 815, 820 (Okl.Cr. 1982), that when hypnotic testing does not in any manner affect the testimony of a witness, which is already on record, the testimony may not be tainted. Also, there was little question concerning the ability of Verna Stafford to identify her husband, whether or not she was hypnotized. We fail to see how petitioner was prejudiced by admission of her testimony in this case.

¶8 The testimony of Pam Lynch has previously been upheld in Stafford v. State, 669 P.2d 285, 294 (Okl.Cr. 1983), in his trial and conviction for three murders in McClain County District Court. Likewise, this holding is consistent with this Court's holdings in Robison v. State, 677 P.2d 1080 (Okl.Cr. 1984). We therefore deny this assignment of error.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?citeid=6524

:couch:

Thanks SS..so now bring in the witnesses , the couch and the hypnotist.

They do?, dang, then I'm taking the one I bought back :sheesh:

If you are caught in possession of an eagle feather, your name better be on the Dawes Roles ... see the US Migratory Bird Act, US Federal Code, US Fish & Wildlife, et al.

You guys were joking I know, but it can be a serious offense.... I was refused a permit for educational purposes.... too many European ancestors.

Good point about the dust...I wonder if the girls had dust on them, like somebody peeled out and hauled butt.

I just hope this is freaking solved.

imoo

Brilliant post! Noone saw the girls? :waitasec:

Now how credible are the sightings of NA man in white truck?:waitasec:

Have I missed it or is the OSBI still not letting it out about the computer & cell phone?.

Way to go sleuth! :clap:

I never even thought of this. There are so many unanswered questions and this is a very good one. We have not heard what the witnesses have said exactly. I figure their idenities are being protected.

My question is, are these people credible? They could very well be but I am having serious doubts.

Have I missed it or is the OSBI still not letting it out about the computer & cell phone?.

You didn't miss it..OSBI has never come back and released any info on rather or not they found anything on the cell phone or computer(s) I am hoping they also checked Skyla's cell phone and computer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer