OMG! LOL! DMV tags sent naughty message

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1107923.html
Mary Ann Hardee trains elementary school teachers to introduce computers and other technology to students, but she wasn't hip to the Internet-age significance of her new license plate -- until she caught her teenage grandchildren giggling at it.

They told her the "WTF" letter combination on her plate is a popular but profane acronym used by many who send text messages. It means "What the f-." (more at link)

LOL

There's a kid in our neighborhood whose liscense plate reads:
phukit :eek::confused:
I can't believe he hasn't been pulled because of it.

OMG! LOL. I can't believe that one got through, philamena. :doh:

I work for DMV in Florida and we're SUPPOSED to not have tags like that. I've run across a few here that probably ought to be pulled, but I just can't do it.

My favorite that makes me giggle is a car registered to two females and the tag reads "LezFest". :)

Another, was SIX6VI (666) I didn't pull into the intersection after him, when I saw it. :)

WTF? This teacher didn't know this? I mean WTF?:eek:

Poor lady. She's scoobied.:)

There's a Lamborghini here in Orange County that says "WTFGVUP"
I cracked up the first time I saw it

WTF? I want one of those tags. LOL Here they are pretty careful about what they allow on tags, but people refuse the 666 tags. They still make them, but people won't take them as a rule.

I have seen some great personalized plates around tho.

Sounds like a sly one !!! LoL... the sly devil may have used the excuse that it is his favorite clothing label, because supposedly it is a Caribbean clothing line... and then there is the country of Phuket, of which he could have said the tag is a derivation spelling of the country. Sometimes, kids get pretty crafty when wanting to be deviant about something. LoL

Down in SC I saw one that equated to "Lil Miss Bad A$$". Can't remember the exact lettering on the tag, but I was surprised that it got past the tag division/dmv. I would love to have one that says "Elphaba"... and I did try to get my J to get us one for our silver Saturn that said "brmstk" (broomstick), because I call the car Silver Broomstick. LoL

I saw a Porsche here and the tag was "washis". Apparently, the car was a casualty of divorce? We laughed for the longest over that one.

I remember quite a while back reading about a couple who saw a car with the personal plate "beyond". They didn't think anything about it until they realized the car was a blue Horizon.

Pretty clever.

My favorite one I see around town from time to time is "I M OLD" I laugh every time.

There's a Lamborghini here in Orange County that says "WTFGVUP"
I cracked up the first time I saw it

OK, I think I've been "Scoobied" on this one! I understand the WTF, but the GVUP? Am I really older than I think I am? LOL

Is it give up? Oh man, I think I need to go back to bed!

LoL!!!! You could try to get it, GM... if they ask, just say that it means "where the hay am I".

For online purposes, its fun to go to this site and make up your own state tags to use as gifs for online signatures on boards or in blogs... you have to upload the tag you make to your site to use it, though:

http://www.acme.com/licensemaker

I want one for a car when I get one that says " 1B1TCH" but I doubt they would make it.!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back