TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, what, what?

A post by me is showing in your post where you were addressing Snowbunny. Go back and look. Not a real big deal but you should have quoted the Snowbunny post you were referring to, not mine. It's just confusing, that's all.

If I were to ever go "missing." Please don't let it be in TN!
The TBI are silent, and for a very good reason,
Holly, and now Gail....they have nada. But, they ARE silent about them.
I would be too.

What kind of LE is this?

Here in TN I feel the same!

The 'vibe' on the mountain is that this is 'tarnishing' our safe living, mountain experience (although this doesn't normally happen) BUT, where what does happen behind closed doors is NEVER what it appears....:twocents:

What does it mean when there is an unusual presence of TN State Troopers?

Memorial Day??

:cheer: Been trying to figure out for a while how to get two quotes in a post. Finally!

Seriously, I don't think it's a Tennessee thing, although I'm sure it looks a little that way, with two cases so close together. From what I've seen, our laws are better than those in some other states. As far as enforcement...it's such an individualized thing, and I don't think the state has anything to do with it.

Earlier on, I felt differently, but at this point, a month down the pike, I think Tennessee's LE is probably doing as well as could be expected. There's a time for publicity and a time to keep quiet, and I just wonder if now is the time for them to stay quiet and build a case. Just a guess on my part.

Ah, yes. I agree about the vibe on the mountain. So many people just don't get it... that the concept of a community with no domestic troubles is a fantasy. In fact, I think communities that operate under that mindset may have more problems than others. People up here live with a lot of escalation before they're willing to admit trouble and put up with the gossip and social backlash. It's hard to admit "failure" in a community where most people feel surrounded by "success."

Ok...np...I will find them...I seem to be sorely lacking in my WS etiquette these days...sorry about that:banghead:

Sleuthy1, welcome to my world! :thud:

I messed up several times earlier on but am gradually learning and reforming. :tos:

Mods seem to be forgiving and understanding of us newbies. :tyou:

Hmmm. I think that's a fairly big deal that should (and could) be tracked down. I have reason to believe the guy who posted the alert on that is credible.

It looks like whoever posted it must be in charge of the site? That's all I could figure from looking at the post. I'm not into Facebook enough to know.

It looks like whoever posted it must be in charge of the site? That's all I could figure from looking at the post. I'm not into Facebook enough to know.

I'm guessing that the "Bring Gail Home" person is in charge of the site, since it is the same name. Scrolling down, I think the initial alert was posted by somebody else. I also see that the alert has now been repeated several times for emphasis, all by credible people.

I don't think it matters who "blew the whistle" though. I think LE can track inappropriate posts/messages, wherever they may be, through IP addresses. Hopefully that can happen quickly. Identity of that person could be valuable clue.

I'm guessing that the "Bring Gail Home" person is in charge of the site, since it is the same name. Scrolling down, I think the initial alert was posted by somebody else. I also see that the alert has now been repeated several times for emphasis, all by credible people.

I don't think it matters who "blew the whistle" though. I think LE can track inappropriate posts/messages, wherever they may be, through IP addresses. Hopefully that can happen quickly. Identity of that person could be valuable clue.

Thanks, you dug a little deeper than I did into the Facebook page and got more info!
I really agree --it would be great if LE could track this person down--and quickly! It might help the investigation.

"All cases are different," Hoss said. "It is very typical for anyone who is dealing with law enforcement to use the sources of a lawyer to be a voice and a go-between."
"The next week, on April 29, police were dispatched a third time when the couple got into an argument at the Signal Mountain Police station, after which Palmgren and her children left to go to the family's lake house in Alabama. During this dispatch, Palmgren was also given phone numbers of a safe place to stay, according to the report." [LINK TO ARTICLE]

new article from this morning with a recap and 2 interesting new tidbits.

So MP himself is not talking to LE? (that's what seems to be implied here)

The 4/29 incident occurred at the SM Police Station?!

"All cases are different," Hoss said. "It is very typical for anyone who is dealing with law enforcement to use the sources of a lawyer to be a voice and a go-between."
"The next week, on April 29, police were dispatched a third time when the couple got into an argument at the Signal Mountain Police station, after which Palmgren and her children left to go to the family's lake house in Alabama. During this dispatch, Palmgren was also given phone numbers of a safe place to stay, according to the report." [LINK TO ARTICLE]

Thanks, I really had missed seeing that the argument took place AT the police station! Good grief.
However, I don't see how this article implies that MP is not talking to LE. Can you explain why it makes you think so?

I don't see how this article implies that MP is not talking to LE. Can you explain why it makes you think so?

I get that from the Hoss comment, which seems to indicate that MP is not talking directly with LE but rather communicating with LE through his lawyer(s).

I get that from the Hoss comment, which seems to indicate that MP is not talking directly with LE but rather communicating with LE through his lawyer(s).

Thanks, jrb0124. It's hard to say, IMO. The Hoss comments were made to the media, or the reporter who wrote the article, so that would make me think MP is just not talking to the media. He's having the lawyer do that.

My understanding is that MP has been only speaking through his lawyer. Since almost the very beginning. The tidbit about the 29th argument being at the police station is new and interesting. We were just talking about having no info on that disturbance. Makes me think they were brought in or??? But this makes the safehouse info even more ominous as the fact they were actually at SMPD raises the level of seriousness to me.

bolded by me.

Thanks JBean.

If the police asked a person for an interview, for example,can they just decline or send in a lawyer? I guess there's one thing a lawyer can't do for client and that's take a polygraph test!

But an attorney can advice a client not to take a polygraph or the client can refuse on his own. They are not admisable in court.

One question....WHY is the article stating the were police dispatched a third time IF the couple got into an argument at the Signal Mtn police station?Third time where? Apparently, I'm not unerstanding something...

Apparently someone is emailing people and telling them not to post at the Bring Gail Home Now Facebook page. Wonder who???

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469

I wonder when those e-mails began. If objectionable posts have been removed from other places, such as....

I went back to look and Snowbunny is right, some of the really over-the-top messages are gone now, which is for the best. I saw 2 which were written in the same tone and had some of the same info, so it made me think it was the same person writing both of those.

...then somebody could be really searching for a place to have a voice. Would be interesting if SOMEBODY could put all these negative messages together and compare. Could even be that some posts mods might have removed from WS could be relevant. You think? Would be interesting if posts had similar style and if timeline linked together, so that as some outlets were cut off, others were opened up.

But an attorney can advice a client not to take a polygraph or the client can refuse on his own. They are not admisable in court.

I fully realize they are not admissible in court, however they do serve as a tool to clear someone IF they have nothing to hide..Just wondering IF he was offered a LDT and if so did he or his attorney accept or decline the offer?

I fully realize they are not admissible in court, however they do serve as a tool to clear someone IF they have nothing to hide..Just wondering IF he was offered a LDT and if so did he or his attorney accept or decline the offer?

LE is being soooo quiet about everything on this case, we may never know if MP was offered a lie detector test until there is some resolution.

I wonder when those e-mails began. If objectionable posts have been removed from other places, such as....

...then somebody could be really searching for a place to have a voice. Would be interesting if SOMEBODY could put all these negative messages together and compare. Could even be that some posts mods might have removed from WS could be relevant. You think? Would be interesting if posts had similar style and if timeline linked together, so that as some outlets were cut off, others were opened up.

bolded by me.

Great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members