DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
large scale search now
several vans just arrived w/ cadets
nothing found yet but just beginning and could go on days/weeks
incl parks and the aquatic gardens

omg. I just had the horrible thought that he's drugging her, saying he's helping with her headaches. I have seen two things: 1 she had headaches since she was a baby and 2 Tatum told them she had headaches. which one is it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Honestly, I thought her face was puffy and she looked bad in the video at the hotel. I know it was blurry, and I know he hadn't had her long at that point, but to me she didn't look 'right'.

the tip is Relisha was last seen in that area
they are following scents first and then will be physically searching

large scale search now
nothing found yet but just beginning and could go on days/weeks

Well, darn. I have so much work to do right now, but I'm tempted to drive over there. The presser can't be good. Even though they said they haven't found anything yet, I think they found something - not sure if it's some one, or just some thing. Or they know something/someone is there, somewhere.

Two hours to wait on the presser. I may go over and see what I can spot - anything that would give a clue if they have found a person.

large scale search now
not found yet but just beginning and could go on days/weeks

There is NO doubt in my mind how much concern there is for Relisha from the "powers that be" and it outweighs those entrusted to care for her, according to MSM reports, as linked by my fellow WSers.

That is a FACT.

It makes me proud of the LE response, and I can't find the words to describe how I feel about the person who gave her life. The disconnect is just....

:eek:verreaction:

I really adore you Nurse, but I know when you warn me about an article that I should heed the warning because it's going to be triggering to me. Thank you. I'm feeling really pissed and very sad at the moment, I guess heartbroken will be the right word I'm looking for.

This just makes me think of my case and wondering "What IF I didn't get a call from my old man's motor club that he heard word 2 kids were being abused by so and so's ex old lady". What if I didn't go over there with DCFS to look? They could be Relisha. But I got there in time, they are in foster care and Im not kidding you when I tell you that the 5 year old was listed as FERAL. So I guess i'm just everywhere between these 3 little girls (Relisha and my two). I know now how things operate from inside the system and I meant what I said a few posts back, I am quitting this job after I know for certain these girls won't be returned to bio mom. I can't do it, hats off to those that can - and I'm not even a social worker!

I'm getting off track and I do apologize. Can you tell I need to vent?

Anyway, Im going to go hug my chihuahua and the bottle of sedatives and then just sit back and read the wonderful heartfelt contributions each of you are making.

Message to all posters in this thread:

Whether you know it or not, whether you see it or not -YOU are making a difference. You are living for Relisha when you post about her. You are caring for her when you mention her name or wonder about her. You are loving her when you make maps, scour the internet for any leads, check newsites, post here - pm others asking if they know anything to give you more leads.. and that does not go unnoticed. You are ALL she has as strength right now, you are her voice and her energy. Keep posting, keep looking, keep talking about this little girl that Shamika wanted to slip through the cracks and disappear.

Shalom.

Honestly, I thought her face was puffy and she looked bad in the video at the hotel. I know it was blurry, and I know he hadn't had her long at that point, but to me she didn't look 'right'.

I agree. She was just trudging along and didn't appear to be happy at all or connected/involved.... just there.

Agreed. That location is just so close to all the other addresses in this case. Another thing that has been weighing on me is how close that Eastern Avenue location is to Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens....ugh.

Okay, this is an area where I would prefer not to be correct. All the searching right now at Kenilworth has me ready to cry at my desk. :(

Okay - I'm leaving now to see what I can spot over there. :(

Has anyone checked Twitter to see if Tatum has an account there? I'm not tech savy on Twitter, don't even have an account there.

I checked every possible combination of his aliases I could think of, but didn't come up with anything.

Anyone else?

I have never posted on websleuths before but this little girl tears at my soul. As a mother of 4; 2 of whom are girls I do not want to even think of what this girl has more than likely been through. Sadly, that it all I can think of.

This case is consuming me. Last night as I was telling my husband about it while watching JVM he has to tell me several times to calm down. I'm sorry I can't calm down. Relisha is out here and all she has for advocates are strangers. There is nothing that I would not do for my children; when they hurt I hurt.

I'm just trying to keep positive thoughts and hope that Relisha has been spared from some of the thoughts that are running through my head...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyreejames,

:grouphug:

:welcome4:

:heartbeat:

I am going to set you guys up with a new thread before the presser. brb

The Washington Post has a powerful story out today with many new details on the disappearance of eight-year-old Relisha Rudd, who's believed to have been kidnapped by a janitor at the D.C. General shelter, where she and her mother were staying. There were clearly plenty of failures here: on the part of the girl's mother, who lied about Relisha's whereabouts as her school absences piled up and even after she vanished; of workers at D.C. General, who didn't notice that her suspected captor was giving her gifts and spending lots of time with her; of city social workers, who noted abuse and deplorable conditions back when Relisha was just an infant but allowed her to remain at home.

But the story also highlights just how entrenched life has become for many families at D.C. General, which was initially intended just as a temporary, seasonal shelter for homeless families. Yet as affordable housing has grown scarce and the city has struggled to find apartments for families at D.C. General to move into, stays at the shelter have grown longer and longer. The city generally places families into shelter only during extreme weather (mostly during the winter), but allows them to remain until they've found stable housing. As the number of homeless families in the city has swelled, D.C. General has remained full throughout the year. It began this winter at capacity, forcing the city to shelter families in motels and recreation centers. And with more families now in shelter than the city will likely be able to move into other housing by next winter, it's probable that we'll again see the city scrambling to improvise shelter as colder temperatures set in later this year.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...ed-life-for-families-at-troubled-d-c-general/

more at link

I hope I am wrong but when I heard that Tatum was wanted for the murder of his wife I thought Relisha was lost. Tatum has already killed someone what is one more?

I won't start again on how I despise Relisha's mother and some of her maternal relatives because I just get enraged. And NO I don't give any of those adults a pass because they may have had horrible lives.

This tragedy happened because of adult parasites driven by sloth and greed.

Please if this thread has medical people on it can someone explain how a one year old can have headaches? How can a one year old articulate that she is having a headache or how does a 'grandma' or 'mom' interrupt that the infant is suffering from a headache? None of my kids had headaches until they were in high school. Then they started to eat junk, or skip meals and run ragged trying to cram for tests. I don't believe the headache story from these people. I think they made that up to lay the groundwork for why now Relisha missed so much school. I can BELIEVE Relisha started to have headaches if Tatum was assaulting her.

IMO that little girl didn't stand a chance as long as she remained with her 'family'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong