Website
www.facebook.com
moreno_sophia.jpg
moreno_sophia_ap.jpg

Missing Since: May 11, 1979 from Bryan, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 22, 1962
Height and Weight: 5'3, 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Moreno has a burn scar on her left leg. She has a tattoo on her left hand between her thumb and index finger of the initials "AH." A tattoo of a cross is on her right hand. Moreno has a birthmark on her upper right leg. Her middle name may be spelled "Felicita." Moreno's maiden name is Herrera. Her nicknames are Nina and Sophie. She may also go by her middle name, Felecita.

Details of Disappearance

Moreno was last seen by her mother at a washateria in Bryan, Texas on May 11, 1979. She told her mother she would attend a family gathering later that week, but never arrived. She has never been heard from again. Moreno's family members told authorities that her husband had violent tendencies. Foul play is suspected in Moreno's disappearance.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Bryan Police Department
979-209-5301
OR
Texas Department Of Public Safety

800-346-3243

Some new information on Sophia:

Thank you. yes Sophia is on that data base. her ncmec# 90181. The Husband Is still in the area, we just got information today. I am calling a detective tomorrow to touch base and hopefully get them to bring him in for more questioning. The funny thing is that his own family is starting to leak out information, that supposedly they have know all along. The reason for the cover up I was told was because his father was a preacher, and his brother whom he supposedly made carry the body to be disposed of was only 11 at the time. But the guilt is there, I just know that we will find her soon. I have gotten a lot of support from agencies and will hopefully be able to end this for the family. I wont give up till Sophia is found and he is behind bars serving the sentence he so deserves.

Wanted to add this from the UID forum so we know to keep our eyes out in Houston too.

Hi, I just registered here on this site. I have to take an interest in the subject. I called the Houston chronicle last week on thur and to my suprise the editor asked me if I had saw the news. The reason for my call to her was because I have been helping a friend find answers the disappearance of her daughter, who went missing 33 years ago. Back in 1979 Sophia Moreno went missing and hasn't been heard of or seen since. The family Does suspect foul play and has heard recent stories that she may have been murdered and taken to Houston to be dumped some wheres. the family has called Houston forensic to have a trace ran to see if there is a possible match. If any one out there knows anything. please call some one.

bump-so glad she is our cold case this week!
Could she be Princess Blue???

She was married (to an abusive man no less) at 16? How sad.

I hope she just got away from that situation and stayed away, making a new life for herself. I doubt it though- probably something was more nefarious happened. She looks SO much like the composite for Princess Blue but wouldn't the years between her going missing and Princess Blue being found make that unlikely? Do we know Princess Blue's date of death? (Sorry- not as up to date on the UID forum as many here are).

I don't know a lot about Princess Blue. I'll see if I can stir up some regulars from that forum.

Was this abusive man ever checked out as a suspect?

I let jeanettem know that Sophia was a cold case this week and didn't hear back. Hopefully she'll check back with us soon with an update and some ideas on how we can help.

I am still just amazed at the composit of Princess Blue and Sophia. I did see where they said she had only been deceased for 1 to 2 years but I wonder if that is correct.

I wish that Jeanettem would log back on and put it out of my head.

I found this article from 2010.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/92554654.html

I live in Bryan, and saw a missing poster for Sophia hanging in the window of a local restaurant today. It is a new poster, so I am assuming the family might be trying to stir some new interest. I looked up her husband on our local justice web site and he has been arrested as recently as October 17, 2012 for DWI and possession of a controlled substance.

Any updates on her case? I hope it's still active!

I spoke to someone who grew up in the same neighborhood as Sophia and was about the same age at the time. She did not know Sophia personally, but was familiar with the family, Bryan was not a big city at the time and the hispanic community was pretty close. Ofcourse she is remembering things from years ago, she said she remembers the disapperance. Apparently Sophia was married so young because she got pregnant and back in those days, if you get pregnant you got married. This is hearsay ofcourse, I have no way to prove this is true, but she was forced to get married. She lost the baby, and a lot of people apparently believe the abuse from the husband led to a miscarriage. The person I spoke with said that after she disppeared the husband went back to Mexico for a long time, and she didn't realize he had come back to the area. Sophia's family also went back to Mexico for a while after the disapperance. There is a lady locally who has taken interest in the case, and in trying to find the truth for Sophia's mother before she passes away. There has been recently benefits in the area to raise awareness and money to continue the search. The lady I spoke to remembers hearing a slightly different timeline leading up to the Sophia disappearing, but with it being so many years she could be mistaken.

Status Missing
First name Sophia
Middle name Felecita
Last name Moreno
Nickname/Alias
NCMEC number 901818
Date last seen May 11, 1979 00:00
Date entered 04/15/2010
Age last seen 17 to 17 years old
Age now 51 years old
Race Other
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Female
Height (inches) 63.0
Weight (pounds) 130.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6423

Bumping for Sophia missing 35 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back