MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped>
Anyway, it's also likely it was MM who physically killed Bella but I agree with others who have speculated that maybe RB had a lot more to do with the actual act of murder than she is telling. She had plenty of time to come up with her version of events. She has a history of lying, why would we believe her now..and why would LE? She is seriously evil. I think she put her plan into motion when bio dad showed up and then told MM's friend banking on the fact that the cops would hear it from MM's friend (or whoever he would end up telling, in this case, his sister) that Bella was baby doe and MM killed her, so that when brought in for questioning she could elaborate on how MM allegedly killed Bella. Again, this is just a theory at this point. Hopefully there is enough forensics to back up what really happened. I am unfortunately starting to put together why MM's lawyer wanted to take his case. I'm not saying hes innocent of anything, but I think RB is a liar and is just as culpable if not more than MM..

Ok rant over

It's been bugging me why RB would spill to the friend the way she did. What you propose makes perfect sense. I am still coming up blank as to why bio dad would not immediately go to LE after her "confession" to him that she'd killed his daughter. Maybe she has something on him and threatened to tell if he didn't agree to support her in repeating her version of events and claiming she'd never hurt Bella. Addicts are nothing if not manipulative and very, very clever in getting what they want.

I think that actually may have come from what the bio dad, in one of his first interviews, told a reporter that RB had told him, rather than from any LE sources. He may not have gotten it quite right or RB may have told it differently to LE after she was picked up.

She also told the lifelong friend that she was "an accessory after the fact/murder/death". Who says that? It sounds like she was coached.

Unfortunately for this poor sweet child, she was born into a life that she was surrounded by junkies...drug addicted people lie & manipulate to try to get what they want. None of this makes sense to me. RB is lying to protect herself IMO. The bio dad...what's with him? He had nothing to do with his daughter, but now he shows up, never going to the police after RB supposedly told him his daughter is dead. Doesn't add up! When he came a few weeks ago, he & RB went to spend the night near the water. How did she get away from MM, or was he in the hospital then?

I'll say it again, they are junkies who will lie & manipulate to try to get what they want. Bella was an innocent child who deserved so much more!!

It's been bugging me why RB would spill to the friend the way she did. What you propose makes perfect sense. I am still coming up blank as to why bio dad would not immediately go to LE after her "confession" to him that she'd killed his daughter. Maybe she has something on him and threatened to tell if he didn't agree to support her in repeating her version of events and claiming she'd never hurt Bella. Addicts are nothing if not manipulative and very, very clever in getting what they want.

With bio dad back in town, she had to do something. I think with MM in the hospital she had the perfect opportunity to act like a victim and added on the "forced" IV heroin use in her neck because it made her story of abuse and being "held captive" by MM more believable. There's no way she told MM's friend out of guilt or because she couldn't keep it in any longer. Her hand was forced so she put plan B into action. I also think its possible she was also worried that MM would slip up and say something to someone at the hospital.

The refrigerator still needs to be explained. I wouldn't be surprised if MM's lawyer finds a pathologist to testify and say that she was never in any type of refrigerator or freezer.

My guess would be it was between, maybe the Fort Point Channel, which runs between with the Seaport to the left facing the harbor and City Point to the right
Fort Point Channel would have the Seaport to the right. Do you mean Reserved Channel that runs right between the Seaport, south of Black Falcon Ave., and north of City Point (parallel with East 1st Street) maybe?

There's a lot of areas in that section north and east of East 1st Street that are more private/isolated if someone was dumping a body.

Good Morning. Been thinking about where Bella was placed. I don't know the area, but looked at the map provided by Steleheart. There seems to be quite a few business along there, most if not all would have camera's. And I assume there would be security camera's in place near any major waterways in the US (wharfs). I also assume the car make is known now and they may have it so they will be able to track DNA. But maybe most important, they may have video of the car and perhaps even can see who is driving or in the vehicle. Just thoughts. I think so much more evidence will be coming now that they know who and where precious Bella came from.

That was my point yesterday. What she described is physically impossible if Bella was on a matress on the FLOOR. MM would had to have been on the FLOOR beside or kneeling over Bella to have his hands on or over her abdomen. Not STANDING over her.

Again, I hope the prosecutor disects RB's statement word for word. She proved her own lies with that one sentence. I think, at this point, that RB killed her and MM probably placed her in the fridge until they could figure out what to do with her.

And you're right. The blankets are a maternal instinct. Bella's poor little body was probably too stiff to get a shirt on her for 'burial at sea.'

SIGH.

I'm not even sure I believe it happened in the bedroom. Wasn't there a report that when LE executed the search warrant they saw evidence on the rug when they first set foot in the apartment? What could that be? Bloodstain?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for this poor sweet child, she was born into a life that she was surrounded by junkies...drug addicted people lie & manipulate to try to get what they want. None of this makes sense to me. RB is lying to protect herself IMO. The bio dad...what's with him? He had nothing to do with his daughter, but now he shows up, never going to the police after RB supposedly told him his daughter is dead. Doesn't add up! When he came a few weeks ago, he & RB went to spend the night near the water. How did she get away from MM, or was he in the hospital then?

I'll say it again, they are junkies who will lie & manipulate to try to get what they want. Bella was an innocent child who deserved so much more!!

This exactly. Bella deserved so much more. I think most of us on here have known or come across a manipulative addict in our lives. Not all of them are bad people at all and I have compassion for most, With that being said, this is a whole different level and RB is evil, pure evil.

I am so glad that we all finally learned who this poor sweet baby was however, part of me feels that we are still not going to see justice fully served in this horrible crime.

I read through the news articles about this couple this AM online, we have the BIO dad stating he thinks MM drugged RB so she couldn't possibly be held accountable in this, RB is being charged as an accessory after the fact and I read the other day that a friend who stayed with them witnessed both MM and RB abusing the child.

Women want to be seen and treated as equals to men, we want to be seen as just as strong, capable, and smart as men until it comes to crimes. Women are still seen as the weaker species and we along with our justice system allow for that opinion to dominate and cloud our view of what actually happened. If a woman is just as capable as a man at everything good, why couldn't we be equally as capable in the matter of committing crimes, murder and the like. RB made the choice to stay with MM, on her own. She also made the choice to allow and take part in the systematic abuse of her child. She was an accessory before, during and after the fact!
IMO

So many of you are saying the same things I've been thinking. I don't trust a word RB says!

I hope that the forensics on the apartment will turn up something useful in determining how true RB's story is, and also the CCTV footage from the time when she says they took the body to the harbor.

I'm also hoping that the two defense teams will be playing out trying to defend their own client and turn up something that will be useful for the prosecution case, and maybe part of that might be catching RB in a lie.

There must be a lot of charges that can be added on for RB (for both of them). No one called an ambulance, they just assumed she was dead..that's a crime. Concealment of a body. Perverting the course of justice. Preventing a lawful burial. Child abuse and/or endangerment.

Women want to be seen and treated as equals to men, we want to be seen as just as strong, capable, and smart as men until it comes to crimes. Women are still seen as the weaker species and we along with our justice system allow for that opinion to dominate and cloud our view of what actually happened. If a woman is just as capable as a man at everything good, why couldn't we be equally as capable in the matter of committing crimes, murder and the like. RB made the choice to stay with MM, on her own. She also made the choice to allow and take part in the systematic abuse of her child. She was an accessory before, during and after the fact!
IMO

Like others I think RB was the leader in all of this. MM does not seem like a domineering/controlling type at ALL -- RB does.

MM had lived with his mother until the mother passed away, allegedly so the mother could keep him out of trouble. I could see a guy like that latching on to another female when he found himself alone.

Plus if he has had his service dog for 10 years that shows he does form attachments and he isn't a complete lunatic (poor elderly dog, I wonder where the dog is now). Seems to me MM has a much better record of caring for dependents (the dog) than RB does. He also apparently maintained a stable relationship with his mother until she passed.

I also wonder what type of evidence they have that prompts them to charge MM with murder while RB is only charged as an accessory.

I was also wondering about the timetable of JA being told by RB about Bella's death. Is it possible that she told the friend of MM and between that time and LE coming for RB she called up JA and spent the intervening night with him? Is that why he didn't call LE, because she knew the cops would be coming for her in the morning anyway? In my opinion, telling both those men gave her two trial chances to get her story straight before she told the cops.

There's a lot of questions she has to answer, not least is this claim that she was kept drugged up for those months between the death and her 'confession' (that she didn't do it!). I would like to understand why MM took her to the harbor with him if he didn't trust her? I think if I was a killer and scared she would go to the cops on me that I'd rather get rid of the body by myself so that she wouldn't know the location.

She also told the lifelong friend that she was "an accessory after the fact/murder/death". Who says that? It sounds like she was coached.

It may also just be the wording of the prosecutor saying that the actions she described to her friend would make her an accessory after the fact in the eyes of the law, not that those were her exact words.

There's a lot of questions she has to answer, not least is this claim that she was kept drugged up for those months between the death and her 'confession' (that she didn't do it!). I would like to understand why MM took her to the harbor with him if he didn't trust her? I think if I was a killer and scared she would go to the cops on me that I'd rather get rid of the body by myself so that she wouldn't know the location.

Good point. Obviously neither of them were thinking clearly when they left the body in the water, they could have chosen another method to prevent Bella's body from ever being discovered.

Like others I think RB was the leader in all of this. MM does not seem like a domineering/controlling type at ALL -- RB does.

MM had lived with his mother until the mother passed away, allegedly so the mother could keep him out of trouble. I could see a guy like that latching on to another female when he found himself alone.

Plus if he has had his service dog for 10 years that shows he does form attachments and he isn't a complete lunatic (poor elderly dog, I wonder where the dog is now). Seems to me MM has a much better record of caring for dependents (the dog) than RB does. He also apparently maintained a stable relationship with his mother until she passed.

I also wonder what type of evidence they have that prompts them to charge MM with murder while RB is only charged as an accessory.

Court records indicate McCarthy has also had a problem with drugs.

In 2005 he was arrested in Dorchester and charged with possession of narcotics equipment -- a hypodermic syringe.

According to the police report, McCarthy's mother told police she refused to let him into her house because "he is on drugs."

Not sure where you got your info regarding McCarthy's mom. Also, difficult to judge a person's personality (past and present) by one court appearance. We haven't heard him speak. Yes, he looked dazed but he was probably medicated......whatever they give for drug addicts.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/rachelle-bond-michael-mccarthy-have-history-of-drug-arrests/35368592

When RB walked into the courtroom yesterday and looked to her right where MM was she gave a look of disgust and looked away real quick. Am I the only one who thinks that that seemed very phoney/planned/staged by RB?
I also felt like her demeanor in court while the preceedings were going on was very strange. It seemed like she was more interested in looking around than listening to anything that was being said. When she wasn't looking around she hung her head and seemed to be fake crying, IMO. The only time she seemed to have interest in what was being said is when they discussed her bail being 1mil. And then she gave the dirty look in the judges direction. I felt her hood was also for show. A person putting on a hood in that situation would be to hide themselves....because of guilt or shame or embarrassment. Although she wore the hood she never seemed to hide her face or seem embarrassed or never looked away from the onlookers in the court even when she hung her head it was toward them so they could all get a good look at how "upset" she was. IMO she is a manipulator and huge liar.
MM came across to me as totally confused. He faced toward judge/prosecutor the whole time and for the most part seemed to be trying to listen and follow along with what was being said. He didn't look toward the rest of the court at all. I don't know what to make of him. He showed no emotion, nothing outside of a few head nods in what looked like disagreement. Is he just so doped up from hospital? Is he always like that? I almost was thinking he actually has a disability of some kind besides the seizures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire