MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he gave her Benadryl she wouldn't be in a state to consent especially with drinks.

Link

For some, Benadryl has the opposite effect, causing you to stay awake. There is no guarantee it will make you sleepy. You would certainly not be immobilized from a couple of Benadryl.

IMHO, I think one juror wants to convict and the rest want to acquit. No instructions from the judge will likely cause the jurors to change their minds.

IIRC, Ms. Constad is a lesbian, and understood this about herself at the time of the rape/assault.

If so, how does that influence your perception of "consent?"

with a man we agree is a "great actor."

I just found the article! according to ABC News....in BC case, if a hung jury, the case can be retried.

Sorry I cannot link on iPad. The article does not say anything about double jeopardy....only what the state would consider to retry.

Thanks.

Double jeopardy. They can't.

Bill Cosby would have to be found Not guilty in order for Double jeopardy to come into play.

A mistrial simply means that the jury could not come up with a verdict and the State can decide to re-try him again.

Cosby's lawyers have argued that the sexual encounter with Constand was consensual and have cited phone records showing she called the TV star 53 times afterward, including one call that lasted 20 minutes.

But Constand said she was returning calls Cosby made to her university-issued cellphone about the basketball team.

http://www.wqow.com/story/35606275/cosbys-accuser-denies-they-were-romantically-involved

I had a hair appointment this afternoon. As my hairstylist trimmed my hair we discussed the Cosby trial. She stated she believed that Constand and Cosby were having an affair. She said the 53 phone calls after the alleged assault is what led her to that conclusion.

I told her I believed the victim. I felt like pulling my hair out at this point lol. :pullhair:

I am wondering if others on the jury are having difficulty with the fact that Constand called Cosby 53 times and thinking along the same lines as my hairstylist. Is that reasonable doubt?

http://www.wqow.com/story/35606275/cosbys-accuser-denies-they-were-romantically-involved

I had a hair appointment this afternoon. As my hairstylist trimmed my hair we discussed the Cosby trial. She stated she believed that Constand and Cosby were having an affair. She said the 53 phone calls after the alleged assault is what led her to that conclusion.

I told her I believed the victim. I felt like pulling my hair out at this point lol. :pullhair:

I am wondering if others on the jury are having difficulty with the fact that Constand called Cosby 53 times and thinking along the same lines as my hairstylist. Is that reasonable doubt?

Ugh. I would be looking for a new hairdresser.

It's not reasonable doubt for me. For one thing, do we know what the conversations consisted of? I don't think they were recorded. For all we know, Cosby could have been blackmailing her or threatening her.

"relaxing" someone and immobilizing someone are two different things. imo

Somnophilia, also known as <> sleeping beauty syndrome, is a paraphilia in which an individual becomes sexually aroused by someone who is unconscious. Sexology scholar John Money stated that the condition has a high degree of correlation throughout history with incest and may progress to necrophilia. The Dictionary of Psychology categorized somnophilia within the classification of predatory paraphilias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somnophilia

Bill Cosby would have to be found Not guilty in order for Double jeopardy to come into play.

A mistrial simply means that the jury could not come up with a verdict and the State can decide to re-try him again.

The question was asked in response to a post about acquittal.
Mistrial wasn't mentioned in the post I responded to.
That's why I said double jeopardy.

Thank God. I hate to see people jailed without physical evidence. It happens too much as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle