Votes: 166 46.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Dead and parents are innocent

Votes: 63 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the smiths are liars but I believe their sketch is tainted and influenced by watching the news much the same way tanners was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think she's dead, whatever. I can't see her still being alive after all this time.

If she is dead while a reputable force like Scotland Yard is still looking for her?

If she is dead while a reputable force like Scotland Yard is still looking for her?

Do you think they are only investigating because they think she is alive? I think they'd investigate her disappearance even if they didn't think so. That she might be alive would, of course, be the best case scenario, among a bunch of bad ones. I'm afraid that I don't think she is either-it would be great to find out that somebody stole her so they could raise her in a nice family home, etc, etc. I hope SY can get to the bottom of this, but I am not holding my breath.

Do you think they are only investigating because they think she is alive? I think they'd investigate her disappearance even if they didn't think so. That she might be alive would, of course, be the best case scenario, among a bunch of bad ones. I'm afraid that I don't think she is either-it would be great to find out that somebody stole her so they could raise her in a nice family home, etc, etc. I hope SY can get to the bottom of this, but I am not holding my breath.

Only recently SY said there was a big possibility she might be alive.

Was that before or after they looked at cadaver dog evidence??

Well those 3 ladies escaped after years of being held captive in secret , following that I dont see how one can give up hope without conclusive evidence they are dead , but then I held out hope for little april jones even when retrospectively the evidence suggested otherwise .
If madeleine was taken and I was her parents I would never give up , I dont see how you can . Although im not sure its particularly healthy to cling to hope like that but as a mother im not sure you would get a choice .

I think it is their responsibilty to treat this disappearance as if she is still alive-I am having a really difficult time imagining her as a sex slave in some ring of pedophiles, though-it makes me sick that I just typed that. I don't have high hopes that they will solve the case. It's difficult enough in your own country, but because another county's laws come into play, it makes it more complicated. Plus, it seems that the Portuguese are focused on the McCanns as culprit, while in England it seems that people are more likely to blame an unknown abductor-making cooperation a little questionable.

Was that before or after they looked at cadaver dog evidence??

No, that was only few months ago that SY said this.

The cadaver dog evidence was discounted long before this.

Scotland Yard has looked at everything and is still persuading their leads.

Looking at the parents is the first thing the UK police does, they passed that level long ago !

Looking at the parents is the first thing the UK police does, they passed that level long ago !

When was the cadaver dog evidence discounted, link please.

they have to eliminate every other possibility too;) that's the way police work is done;) they have to investigate leads.

Otherwise suffer the screams of " rush to judgement"

I think it is their responsibilty to treat this disappearance as if she is still alive-I am having a really difficult time imagining her as a sex slave in some ring of pedophiles, though-it makes me sick that I just typed that. I don't have high hopes that they will solve the case. It's difficult enough in your own country, but because another county's laws come into play, it makes it more complicated. Plus, it seems that the Portuguese are focused on the McCanns as culprit, while in England it seems that people are more likely to blame an unknown abductor-making cooperation a little questionable.

IMO the Portuguese got it right.

SY has found nothing new. IMO nothing noteworthy. Nothing earth shattering and certainly nothing's been produced to eliminate the McCann's as viable suspects.

For me she is alive until some formal body pronounce her dead and this would be after the proper SY investigation..

The cops often say that-who knows what they really think. They have an obligation to investigate

The cops often say that-who knows what they really think. They have an obligation to investigate

Well, they seem quite passionate.
Unlike the other force which stayed in restaurants watching the SKY news ;)

It always amazes me when someone argues their POV passionately and persistently then turns around and says "well I better read the facts". :scared:

Isn't that part of sleuthing? Folks cant read everything but the basic skeleton of fact/inaccuracies remains the same, and were available to everyone to read.

Nothing was new on Crimewatch. The only thing that was new was the McCanns story has been illustrated as LIES....oops sorry they were "mistaken".

:banghead:
I am always open to finding something new or looking at data from a different way. I also consider evidence proved or discredited, and not only what happened at the time, but the results of all of that during the last six years. That's called being open minded.

I didn't write that I'd "better read the facts." Simply reviewing the facts to see if there was something new, now with Tanners sighting being explained.

People who respond to posts rudely and with condescending, insulting remarks don't do anyone any good. Please ignore my opinions if I am so annoying.

Madeleine DNA samples too degraded for proper analysis<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
http://news.monstersandcritics.com/uk/news/article_1378439.php/McCanns_Madeleine_DNA_samples_too_degraded_for_proper_analysis_-_police <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
McCann DNA evidence 'exaggerated'<o:p></o:p>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7541810.stm
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

The article states the science isn't good enough to positively identify who. That was never the dogs job. The dogs did their job.

Perhaps now the science has improved to the point of positive identification? Maybe they should try again.

IMO the Portuguese got it right.

SY has found nothing new. IMO nothing noteworthy. Nothing earth shattering and certainly nothing's been produced to eliminate the McCann's as viable suspects.

lol, they are even using the old E Fits, that the Motodo 3 did in 2008 so hardly doing much work are they.

The trawled through pages of stuff from the Portugese police, and then finally found the part about Tanners sighting being descredited years ago as someone carrying their child to the creche or from the creche...so they have used that.

The PJ gave up in the end because they got no where and got no help by the McCanns, because the next step really was to do a PROPER RECONSTRUCTION USING the actual players not actors.

We have had sooooooooooooooooo many investigators and so many appeals, and we get loads of phone calls, and never moves forward.

The child being removed was never seen, no clues NOTHING, so really nothing to go on.

The E fits of the man seeing carrying the child was shown in 2008.

I think logically. Logically you dont go into an apartment with the risk of being caught and take a child out in the early evening. IF you did you would have a car ready...not walk through a busy little town even in the winter it seemed busy with sightings and people toing and froing from the tapas every 15 minutes lol.

Logically you don't go in through an unlocked door and out again (with child) through a closed window.

Logically you don't leave tiny children alone while you go out on the booze night after night (don't tell me Kate eats because I don't believe you :p).

Logic...

Logic tells me that if it looks like Gerry, and walks like Gerry, it probably is Gerry.

:pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member