GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
...just bumping ... for Tuesday's early-comers to Lauren's memory vigil

bolded #1: I stated this in the last thread, but again I'll say that Winters letting the assistant lead in the courtroom the other day made better sense (and didn't look as bad) once I fully understood from media reports that the defense apparently had planned to call him to the witness stand about the post if necessary. He had no way of knowing how that would pan out, I'd think. Still was awkward, in the watching, but at least that was a fairly good reason, to me.

bolded #2: I've wondered about Stephen's car for a long time now -- can authorities hold it indefinitely if they have not detected "evidence" relating to it? IIRC, as far as we last heard, they still have it. Can they hold for possible need to run further tests, for example, or to make some point about the mileage, or maybe it showed up on camera in some way they plan to use, or something like that -- or does their holding it mean for sure they have forensic evidence like fibers, canine hits/dna, etc. relating more directly and physically to the car? I've felt like this is kind of a dummy question so haven't asked it before, but I just want to hear what others think on this.

#2, I wonder as well how long they can hold it, I would think not long after it's been searched. It's been searched and scanned and scoped and if they have nothing in or on the car, when will it APPEAR???

ALSO, they seemed to let the apartments go quicker than the car. More evidence should be inside, IMO, than in the car, or atleast of equal importance, there were 3 (atleast) apts that should or could have evidence yet they were turned over to the owners pretty quickly so any chance they missed something, it's gone now.

Which brings to mind, MCD apt....has it been leased yet? I only ever see one car outside the front, and it's on the left side as if the up or downstairs is rented, I know Bonnie had lived in LG's, maybe still there.

INteresting about the car tho, doesnt' seem to make sense right off

I thought I read somewhere along the line, that it was the car accident. Maybe one of Lauren's friends will chime in with that detail.

I saw earlier pics on FB with Butterbean, eyes were normal, must have indeed been the accident. Lucky Little fellow, I still say he must miss his mommy.

My heart goes out to LG and familly and friends. God Bless.

Every time I read something I wish I'd known her. It's a mystery to me why these astounding individuals are taken so early sometimes. LG made grand staements while alive and now, just as grand in her death, I'm sure everyone who has followed her story has learned great lessons of life and love even more since her passing and maybe that was God's plan, God's apostle

I'll be on the road today but I think I can be here off an on til 730

She could wear pink in the straight-laced realm of power lawyerdom and pull it off like Reese Witherspoon’s preciously ambitious character in “Legally Blonde.”(just like in the movie, LG had a different take, a different view than the norm/average person, it seems, uncovering what others might miss)
lg lb 2.jpg[/ATTACH]

“In a particularly heated classroom debate, Lauren had completely defeated a girl with airtight facts and logic, and instead of verbally responding, the girl crumpled a piece of paper in her fist and threw it at Lauren,” Miller said at the Aug. 6 service. “Ever good-natured, Lauren just laughed. And by the end of class she had that other girl laughing, too.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/28/1680624/a-light-from-the-shadows.html#storylink=cpy

Sorry I dont know how to make the images larger unless I need to use HTML code

Enjoy

Attachments

• lg and mercer grads.jpg
    lg and mercer grads.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 16
Just learned of Lauren this morning and spent the last hour or so researching her and what happened. so very tragic. She was beautiful and had so much to offer. I hope her killer is brought to justice!!

I'll be on the road today but I think I can be here off an on til 730
Thanks, tomkat, and for posting the Lauren and Butterbean pics, too. Little guy's eye does seem to be OK in those, you're right.

Thanks, tomkat, and for posting the Lauren and Butterbean pics, too. Little guy's eye does seem to be OK in those, you're right.

It was mentioned in one of the articles that Butterbean lost the eye when he was hit by the car in Macon.

It was mentioned in one of the articles that Butterbean lost the eye when he was hit by the car in Macon.

Thanks, Sonya. I was kind of thinking that, but couldn't remember for sure.

Just got in and wanted to leave a :rose: for Lauren.

Without a doubt Lauren has touched so many lives, in life and even more so in death.. she is such a strong, beautiful woman MOST OF ALL ON THE INSIDE..IMO it is that beautiful strength within that literally radiated from her that made her into someone that struck you when seeing her.. struck you when seeing her for the first time.. but just as much even after knowing her.. she was someone who entered a room and heads turned.. her presence known.. strength and beauty from within that radiated outward and brought joy to all those who were blessed to know her in life..

There aren't many days in this last year that have passed that I have not thought of this strong and beautiful, human being, Lauren.. some times they are sad fleeting thoughts of the tragic loss of this beautifully strong woman being taken from the lives of so many.. some times thoughts that are in anger and bitterness at the individual who selfishly stripped her from this life.. but most times they are beautiful thoughts of her life, her accomplishments, and her radiant soul that touched every one with whom their paths crossed in this life..poignantly her beautifully strong soul does live on and that he could not snuff out the light of who/what Lauren is.. and will always be.. she is a force that even such a tragic, brutal attempt at stamping out Lauren's light failed to succeed.. she will NEVER EVER BE FORGOTTEN AND NOT ONLY BY THOSE WHO PERSONALLY KNEW HER BUT ALSO BY THE MANY OF US WHO NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO KNOW HER IN THIS LIFE..

My continued prayers for the family of Lauren as well as the vast many who love and miss her every single day.. justice for Lauren is coming.. as slow and painful as it is it will however be brought down on the individual who stole her from the lives of so many.. of that I am confident..

Nygiants I, too can understand your frustrations and I strongly believe that it is not that people want to see and hear the evidence to have Stephens guilt proved to them.. of that I have no issue and completely understand.. the issue lies in the angry and very much hateful at times way in which some are totally confrontational using Lauren's tragic death as a platform to confront and argue for mere self serving motive.. IMO it is what at times makes this all together beautiful place we have created for and about Lauren into a cold and even at times ugly place..

IMO there have been thousands of posts of healthy debate over the most tragic issues of the case..with all sides covered and debated to the hilt.. I believe the very essence of who/what Lauren is are throughout these threads and most reflect who and what she was in being someone who strongly debated what she felt was right.. it is that, that I am proud to have been a part of and only one of the tiny ways of millions that prove that Lauren will live on forever..

Without a doubt Lauren has touched so many lives, in life and even more so in death.. she is such a strong, beautiful woman MOST OF ALL ON THE INSIDE..IMO it is that beautiful strength within that literally radiated from her that made her into someone that struck you when seeing her.. struck you when seeing her for the first time.. but just as much even after knowing her.. she was someone who entered a room and heads turned.. her presence known.. strength and beauty from within that radiated outward and brought joy to all those who were blessed to know her in life..

<snipped for focus>

I think you've summed up very well the impression Lauren has made on many of us who never knew her.

Nygiants I, too can understand your frustrations and I strongly believe that it is not that people want to see and hear the evidence to have Stephens guilt proved to them.. of that I have no issue and completely understand.. the issue lies in the angry and very much hateful at times way in which some are totally confrontational using Lauren's tragic death as a platform to confront and argue for mere self serving motive.. IMO it is what at times makes this all together beautiful place we have created for and about Lauren into a cold and even at times ugly place..

IMO there have been thousands of posts of healthy debate over the most tragic issues of the case..with all sides covered and debated to the hilt.. I believe the very essence of who/what Lauren is are throughout these threads and most reflect who and what she was in being someone who strongly debated what she felt was right.. it is that, that I am proud to have been a part of and only one of the tiny ways of millions that prove that Lauren will live on forever..

Can anyone recall exactly what field of law Lauren planned to enter into? If I recall, it was criminal defense work, which is why one of her law graduate friends said something akin to "Lauren could even talk to normal people and tell them they would have to face some jail time".

Since this is a memorial thread perhaps we should all reflect on Lauren Giddings future profession and wonder how she would have viewed the various debates that go on here? If she did indeed plan to go into criminal defense I would think such a bright woman would analyze every angle and be quite logical when it came down to real evidence or lack thereof.

Can anyone recall exactly what field of law Lauren planned to enter into? If I recall, it was criminal defense work, which is why one of her law graduate friends said something akin to "Lauren could even talk to normal people and tell them they would have to face some jail time".

Since this is a memorial thread perhaps we should all reflect on Lauren Giddings future profession and wonder how she would have viewed the various debates that go on here? If she did indeed plan to go into criminal defense I would think such a bright woman would analyze every angle and be quite logical when it came down to real evidence or lack thereof.

I think reports of the field she was most interested in have differed slightly from report to report, but I, too, have heard mostly defense work, and capital crime defense work has been mentioned more than once.

For example:

... Mercer law professor Sarah Gerwig-Moore said she was one of Giddings&#8217; instructors at Mercer. Giddings had been in the process of trying to get a job with the Georgia Capital Defenders Office or in the Atlanta Public Defender&#8217;s Office. ...
http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html#storylink=misearch

Giddings also had a soft-spot for underdogs. Her professor said she had wanted to be a capital defender, representing suspects facing the death penalty.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/08/162...emains-of-dismembered.html#storylink=misearch

bbm: I didn't know Lauren, but from the impression I've gotten, I do indeed think it likely, had she not been the victim in this case, she might have followed it with great interest in the many possible angles, and yes, probably with great personal compassion for the victim and her loved ones as well. IMO, it is certainly possible to have both.​

For those just happening in to Lauren's current thread this evening, welcome to the vigil-in-progress...

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

For more details about the vigil, check earlier information posts in this thread.

Giddings also had a soft-spot for underdogs. Her professor said she had wanted to be a capital defender, representing suspects facing the death penalty.

I think reports of the field she was most interested in have differed slightly from report to report, but I, too, have heard mostly defense work, and capital crime defense work has been mentioned more than once.

I think it is unfortunate that she has become a caricature in the press since she became a murder victim. She became the pretty, angelic, pink wearing blonde law graduate that had her short life snuffed out.

I do think she was probably much more than that, she was bright, she was driven, she had a desire to become an attorney defending capital offenders (regardless of whether they were guilty or innocent, she could have looked them in the eye and defended them even if she KNEW they were guilty).

She was likely a complicated real person and not a caricature at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth