Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO if there's any blame to cast it's towards the media.

Something else that I learned in this trial is that the truth doesn't need to shout. Conviction to principles, firmness, understanding, empathy and standing up for what you believe in, can all be achieved without screaming.

MSNBC is fanning the flames right now. If there is violence it is on them, imo. They are saying that this verdict means that black men's lives are worthless in our society now. AND THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS VERDICT MEANS.

Even on Fox News, they showed a reporter asking something along those lines when Crump was speaking. I saw only a small part of it, but he seemed very much like a gentleman to me. And I personally thought it was an insulting thing to ask him. These reporters can be so.... :banghead:.

So the media is hyping all this up, all sensationalism, all for what, the ratings? Disgusting, imo. :facepalm:

Vigilante justice is truly what you wish for?

nope, just justice. There is none. We're at the mercy of criminals. MAYBE after you're dead, someone will go to jail for a little while and your taxpaying family can front that. Mostly, nope. Slap on the wrist, or not as in Trayvon's case, and back at it. jmo

eta: I am SO not worried about me or anyone in my family being a victim of vigilante justice.

I'll speak out against it thanks, because I don't let injustices silence the truth.

Thank you! I come here because I can have my opinions, say what I think about the injustices and not be told to be quiet by anyone, as long as I stay with the TOS. I wish people would let the Mods do their jobs and stop telling me what to think, see, hear, and feel. :twocents:

Or they possibly didn't believe him but the state did't prove it.

That's what The OJ jury said.

This jury may or may not have believed GZ, but followed the law feeling there was not enough proof.

Or, they may have believed GZ was innocent

We will never know cos it looks like they are not talking....

They rarely ever talk if they give a late decision. They may well explain in the coming days or months. IMO

Karma has a way of getting back at people. I've seen it happen in cases like that of a former football star once. ykwim?

Well look at Casey Anthony she can't even go on the internet without worrying that someone may find her. I'm sure the only way she can have some freedom is to leave the country.

Quite honestly, the biggest lesson I learned from this trial is that the media is ruthless and repulsive. They will try to change present, history, and future - all for the benefit of ratings.

It's truly frightening.

Tricia just read your post on her blog talk radio and said how true it is.

O/T I know this is selfish of me at this very delicate time but my cat Sammy Hagar who is 20 in cat yrs. Is very sick and the vet gave me some antibiotics but said because of her age she may have to be put down. So please pray for her. Thank you. I love you guys and pray for some peace for both sides, in this case.

I saw this, and am sending you big hugs and prayers for Sammy. We had to take our kitty, Noodle, to the vet this morning, and he was diagnosed with Vestibular Disease. He won't be home for a while :( You are not selfish for asking for prayers for your fur-baby <3 And asking for peace for both sides is a wonderful, kind thing to do.

Can we all agree to state it this way:
George Zimmerman was found not guilty.
The jury never said he was innocent.

My heart goes out to the Martin family this evening.

jmO

I just want to send some hugs out to those feeling let down tonight.

I know it hurts.

Just know that many of us who believe that justice was served because the state did not prove their case, are not home celebrating. I have always been sad about Trayvon's death. I was outraged in the beginning calling for GZ to be arrested. I was on the side or locking him up forever...

But once I stopped following the case in the media and watched the trial, I realized we can not convict people on our emotions. WE just can not.

This jury had a tough job. I bet they are just so concerned over their verdict but they voted as they were told.

I hope that people can see, There is no sides here.
WE all mourn Trayvon. but we did not want to see a man who was innocent under the law convicted just to try and soothe that open wound.

O/T I know this is selfish of me at this very delicate time but my cat Sammy Hagar who is 20 in cat yrs. Is very sick and the vet gave me some antibiotics but said because of her age she may have to be put down. So please pray for her. Thank you. I love you guys and pray for some peace for both sides, in this case.

((((Legal mania))))

I'm praying for Sammy and so is my dog Mimi! She sends Sammy puppy kissers.

Forgive me if this has been stated already as I don't have time to catch up. I'm happy GZ was set free, and it's a shame all the way around the incident even happened. I think a lot of people, and not necessarily WSers have missed the other big tragedy here. LE investigated this case in the beginning and found nothing to dispute GZ's claims of self defense. It wasn't until civil rights lawyers, and activists got involved and AC buckled under the pressure of the same that this initial unfortunate happenstance turned racial and political.
There are more victims here besides GZ and TM, look deeply at those who lost jobs once it turned to a political witch hunt. Others who didn't lose their jobs got demoted, the mayor is a fraid for his life and that of his wife and family. This didn't stop where it should have, the flames were fanned by political power and pressure from special agenda groups, and GZ was going to be their sacrificial lamb. IMHO a tragedy did turn into a travesty.

I guess my daughter will never be allowed to walk through our neighborhood again. Neighborhood watch might decide she looks "too shady" and shoot her to death. And be found innocent. What a perversion of justice.

I feel that right along with you Frayed. But the jury decided that whatever led up to the fatal confrontation between GZ and TM didn't carry any weight in determining GZ's guilt IMO. What I think they chose to consider solely in their deliberations (and MOO) is what happened from the time of the face to face confrontation and when Trayvon was shot dead. They obviously didn't find that the State proved obvious guilt on the part of George Zimmerman in that altercation.

Haven't seen you around for a while, welcome back!

I just have to say I respect MOM, he is a great lawyer. I loved how he answered the last question. The media fed George Zimmerman to the lions and set people's minds against him without knowing the facts. In fact it wasn't even just a lack of knowledge of the facts it was misconstruing the evidence to fit the story they wanted it to be. I'm so glad Mark OMara said that in the end there. It needed to be said even though I doubt it will be replayed in the media at all.

I'm am almost always pro prosecution but I am so glad this jury took their time and weighed the actual evidence in this case.

I think it will be an embarrassment to everybody in Sanford if the Martin's sue GZ in civil court and they can't even win that. There was zero evidence in this trial, and there will be zero evidence in the civil trial. This was a case of self defense. I am truly sorry for the Martins, but I think even they now know their son was part of the reason he's no longer here. Getting out of your car is not a crime, and walking around in the rain is not a crime. If GZ had any intention of confronting TM he would have never called NE 911. He would have just done it. And if TM felt threatened by that "creepy A$$ cracker" he would have called 911. Sorry, but that's the facts.

Can we all agree to state it this way:
George Zimmerman was found not guilty.
The jury never said he was innocent.

My heart goes out to the Martin family this evening.

jmO

No, I don't agree with that.

It is not selfish. My pets are like family members. I hope you fur baby is ok and not in any pain. Of course, we will pray for you and your cat.

I pray every day for more George Zimmermans and less people who cower waiting for someone else to stop the ridiculous violence perpetrated in this country on a daily basis. jmo

Wow, now that is scary. I respect the jury's decision and can understand reasonable people would come to the same conclusion. But to go so far as to say that you want more vigilante justice is a scary thought.

Had a scary person ask me a question this week. This person has someone he doesn't get along with. He said he knows that person is going to Florida this week. He asked me, if I go to Florida, pick a fight with him, but let him kick my *advertiser censored**, I can kill him right? And not go to jail? Obviously I told him I would never advise that he try to find out and that I don't know Florida law, but, it would appear to me that if I were to actually give an opinion, I would have to say that it would be perfectly lawful for him to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea