FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the firstcoast slide show. i see pictures of a boy who looks younger but not an older sister? i wonder if the media has it right.

I wonder if theres any empty houses on that street? Police ususally don't go in without the owners permission. am going to check trulia.com to see if anythings bank owned on Horton.

Really? where do you store like christmas deco and stuff? i thought all homes had attics? i learn something new on WS everyday!!

I live in Fl and I don't have a basement but I do have an attic.

now they are saying that she was walking with her brother....oh brother how stories change...here we go.....lets just remember the first ones for future ref...kwim...

I have 2- 7 yo GD's....I can't imagine either one of them hiding for 10 minutes much less this long.

amen!!!! bbm....

We must always consider the developmental age of the child.... not just the chronological number. A child this age would not have the patience to hide out on her own for this length of time over a small spat while walking home from school. No way. No how.

Is is possible she wandered into an area where she could have had an accident? Like a manhole cover being open, water, falling down etc in a wooded area????

How far ahead of the other children did she run before they didn't see her again? To which direction did she go from them? Of course the ages of these witnesses would come into play greatly.

As to running home and hiding in the attic or under her bed for seven hours... I say no way.. but that is just moo and coming from my nursing knowledge of child development. I felt the same about balloon boy.. there was no way he could hide in an attic for five hours at that age...

I truly hope she just took an abberrant left or right off into the woods and got lost and is cold and scared. You know why? Because that sure as he!! beats the alternative of what could have happened to her.

Praying with all my might that she is found safely! And sooner rather than later!

The only way I see the hiding scenario possible is if she went and hid somewhere fell asleep woke up and it was dark and she was afraid to to walk round in the dark. I do doubt hiding after this many hours though.

Well just wondering if it is possible that there could have been foul play with the older kids who were walking her???I hate to even say that but these days who knows. By the way I see most of the parking lot rumor thread is here tonight.

Thanks, Nurse! :blowkiss:

Does anyone know how I can change the spelling on this thread title now that the correct spelling of her name is out?
advanced option edit I think?? LOL.. When I found the actual spelling I wanted to post it for anyone out there searching for articles, etc, on her case. THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS THREAD BADME!

I remember when my youngest was about 4, he would cover his face with a blanket, and think that NO ONE could see him...it was the funniest thing.....I guess because he couldn't see anyone....LOL

Well just wondering if it is possible that there could have been foul play with the older kids who were walking her???I hate to even say that but these days who knows. By the way I see most of the parking lot rumor thread is here tonight.

That's what I'm wondering................

now they are saying that she was walking with her brother....oh brother how stories change...here we go.....lets just remember the first ones for future ref...kwim...

He is younger than her. WHAT was their mother thinking!! i'm sorry, but allowing a 7 yr old and the boy looks 5-6 to walk over a mile home from school is very upsetting to me. If she was home she should've walked the mile to meet them when they got out. If she wasn't home well that is even worse!!:banghead:

Oh Lord.......this is all making my stomach churn.

I think the whole walking to/from school if less than a mile rule/law needs to be looked at.
We all know that schools and bus stops are favorite places for so's. Easy targets.

It depends on the school district. When I was a kid there were no school busses for three miles. Where I live now it's two.

i guess they cancelled the presser. there is no mention of it in the firstcoast article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong