CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any indication of remains found belonging to other people, except for insinuations by media so far. I believe they were Jessica's remains, personally.

If it was a split second decision and he just grabbed her, what did he hog tie *shiver* her with? Did he have a kit he stashed in the car, just in case he was able to grab someone?

News stations are reporting AS told LE they would find human remains in his crawlspace. First reaction, OMG! Second reaction, whose are they and how many people?

I'm kind of curious about this. It seems like there is an MSM-verified link between AS and one of the Ketner Lake attempted abductions. But do any of you folks, esp. those with better profiling skills than me (which won't be hard) think he has killed before? Or is it unlikely due to the lack of *unsolved* child murders in the area?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ent-in-jessica-ridgeway-abduction-murder-case

Investigators said they will file charges against Sigg in the abduction and death of Ridgeway and the May 28 attempted abduction and attempted murder of a 22-year-old woman at Ketner Lake.

OMG OMG OMG

Wednesday is my husband's day off so I haven't been around .just got back from date night, and find this out! I know the community must be feeling so much relief.
I have a lot of catching up to do, I am going to try to work and read. Just checking in, I'm here, mental hugs to Jessica's family and gratitude to the perp's mother.

This was just shown on local news from the fathers website.

Racing the Rockies 2009 - YouTube

robbsigg.com

See kids walking at 1:45 in.

Note the CROSS he is wearing

WOW. His family MUST have recognized the cross. OMG

Here is the still shot of AS with a red cross on:

attachment.php

Attachments

• sigg_cross_2009.jpg
    sigg_cross_2009.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 498
If it was a split second decision and he just grabbed her, what did he hog tie *shiver* her with? Did he have a kit he stashed in the car, just in case he was able to grab someone?

Excellent point. Did he get out of the car, grab her, drag her in and strangle her right there in the vehicle on the side of the road? Did he use his bare hands? a rope? This sounds planned. Why was she hog tied if she was already dead?

I don't think there is any indication of remains found belonging to other people, except for insinuations by media so far. I believe they were Jessica's remains, personally.

I think the confusion comes from the wording in one report that "other human remains were found in the house" (paraphrased).

I took it to mean Jessica's other remains but the wording could easily be interpreted as "the remains of other victims".

Since we haven't read of any additional victim's remains being found in the house I am thinking like you are, clu. It's all Jessica. :(

To me, it doesn't matter if LE was onto him or not. LE deserves kudos. They pursued and pursued...they communicated....worked WITH the public...released as much info as they could....used social media to release updates. They made everyone aware of the important things to look for and in the end, it is most likely those very things that helped bring this young man in.

I see so many cases....SO many....we all do, that never get solved in any form. Info is never released. LE acts like the public is enemy #1. Just look at Holly Bobo's case. The morning of her abduction, several 911 calls were made...we don't even know how many! WHY? Because the blasted TBI won't tell us! LE also will not release the content of the calls, tell who made the calls, tell what time the calls came in...much less, actually let us hear the dang calls! The secrets are overwhelming. I finally, after many months, quit reading over there on Holly's thread because I can't take the frustration any more. That case will never be solved.....not unless TBI opens up to us.

Other PD's should take notice! We are out here, people!
And we will help you get 'em.....

Such an incredibly horrible turn of events.

MOO He's a male version of Alyssa Bustamonte. Just plain bad.

I'm not seeing any chance for rehabilitation. Lock him up and throw away the key.

Since he confessed, will there still be a trial? I hope not for the family's sake.

I believe you are spot on. All of my life I have had to suppress intense anger. My father is the same way. I now see signs of this in my 4 yr old child who has started to get in trouble weekly at his pre-school. I do not want him to suffer because of his genetics so I opted to get him evaluated and get him the treatment he needs now before it becomes a real problem. Mental illness runs on both sides of my family. I knew there was a chance that my son would inherit some awful genetic traits. I am glad that I am aware and vigilant enough to take care of the issues now in early development instead of when it's too late.

Thank you for sharing dragon. Youre a brave soul...and a loving parent.

WOW. His family MUST have recognized the cross. OMG

Here is the still shot of AS with a red cross on:

attachment.php

It does not look like the same cross, imo. The one that LE showed us has longer, and more crooked arms at the top. This one seems more symmetrical.

I agree that so far it would seem to be only Jessica's. However, with the police already charging him in two different crimes, the thought in my mind was, "Oh please, not more". (although IF he actually did more crimes I pray they find some kind of evidence of them)

I just read through a few pages and have to stop.

As a member of the Westminster community, I feel sick about what happened to Jessica.

I feel sick that a 17-year-old is accused of committing the crime.

These are both awful things. I don't like to think that either 10-year-olds can be brutally murdered here, or that a 17-year-old who lives here could do that. Even owing for mental illness, it's difficult news to wrap my mind around.

With those things in mind, I'm finding it very difficult to read some of the violent acts people have suggested for the accused 17-year-old either as punishment or in hopes of getting more information about what happened and whether there are other victims. Maybe he's completely evil. Maybe he's playing a game. Maybe he's mentally ill and not as completely evil as would be easier to believe. Nevertheless, most of the people here are mentally ill, and suggestions that he be tortured or subjected to vigilante justice is equally appalling. If he's responsible, I don't ever want him out in society where he can re-offend. But I certainly don't want to see or hear about any more violence, certainly not here, in my community.

MOO--but I'm sure I'm not the only community member who isn't feeling like talk of more violence is going to bring the healing and restore of the sense of safety we desperately need.

I understand what you are saying - I don't condone violence, however in my opinion there is no room for people like this in society. He will be found guilty after many many months, will appeal and drag it out, if he gets a chance of parole every time that chance comes up her family will relive the nightmare. This doesn't end here, it goes on for the rest of all of their lives. In this case I feel like he should go through a fair trial and if found guilty, taken out back. But that's just me.

Perhaps you are more compassionate than I - I have never been an understanding person and do consider myself to be the "tough love" type, perhaps a bit rigid. I rarely feel pity because I feel most people are capable. But I have seen and experienced some weird stuff that may have given me a thicker skin. My aunt disappeared and for years screwed with my grandmother and father by randomly appearing and then disappearing and then taking her life. A great-uncle was a murder-suicide survivor as a child.

I don't know if it was a typo or not but most of us here are not mentally ill. I am going to assume you meant something else. Name calling, especially something like that, is pretty adolescent MOO.

I am sorry if this comes of harsh, I do not mean it to.

ETA

You have to understand we're a different breed here. Many of us have been affected by murder, kidnappings or disappearances by loved ones. We've read and studied A LOT of horrendous crimes. We have a very different point of view than most people.

If the little brother of AS attended Witt and regulerly walked his brother o school Jessica may well have seen AS often enough around the school and/ or neighborhood with her schoolmate to make AS seem not tobe a stranger per se but someone who "fit"/belonged there/ could be trusted enough to allow AS to get close enough to her personal space to grab her. He may not have raised any red flags as he approached her, likely did not.

This makes all the sense in the world. Without looking at the map of his house in relation to hers, they were what - 1.2, 1.5 miles away from each other? He was in his own neighborhood. No red flags. To her, to other neighbors. To anyone. Nothing odd except for the abduction. And I'm not trusting his account of what happened.

Cherie------------------
I'm the one sorry! I didnt mean it that way, I in a warped way meant I must be normal! wait til you get to know me, youll know what I mean..:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Oh good! Lol I was thinking Lordy I've insulted:floorlaugh:
this member who has worked since she was 17!

To me, it doesn't matter if LE was onto him or not. LE deserves kudos. They pursued and pursued...they communicated....worked WITH the public...released as much info as they could....used social media to release updates. They made everyone aware of the important things to look for and in the end, it is most likely those very things that helped bring this young man in.

I see so many cases....SO many....we all do, that never get solved in any form. Info is never released. LE acts like the public is enemy #1. Just look at Holly Bobo's case. The morning of her abduction, several 911 calls were made...we don't even know how many! WHY? Because the blasted TBI won't tell us! LE also will not release the content of the calls, tell who made the calls, tell what time the calls came in...much less, actually let us hear the dang calls! The secrets are overwhelming. I finally, after many months, quit reading over there on Holly's thread because I can't take the frustration any more. That case will never be solved.....not unless TBI opens up to us.

Other PD's should take notice! We are out here, people!
And we will help you get 'em.....

AMEN! and well said!

I know you said you don't believe in evil (IIRC). The alternative though, is lack of choice because all evil is is extreme, profound immortality. I believe that in 99.9999999999999% of murder cases, choice exists.

SBM

I don't believe in some supernatural force or being that causes humans (or any other critter) to harm others. I believe it is all driven by human decisions, partly collectively and partly individually.

As for choice, I am in the middle on it. I believe that all humans make choices every single day that are shaped by both their inherent nature and by their background. How much of each choice is truly free of any other influence or coercion is difficult for me to discern.

I feel incredibly fortunate that none of my passions or desires are hugely illegal (since I can't drive, I can admit that if there wasn't a patrol car in sight, it's safe to say I was speeding!). What would it be like to be someone who had a desire or passion for something that is illegal? It's easy for me to say "I would never murder someone" because I have no desire to do so.

Then I think "if chocolate were illegal, I'd be an outlaw." From being diabetic for nearly 20 years and having successfully kept my A1C below 6% (normal level for non-diabetics), I know what a struggle it is to keep my blood glucose levels under control.

Sure, I choose to keep struggling but there have been times when I just want to give up. Just want to eat the damn chocolate!!!

I don't know, I feel like I'm stumbling around on trying to explain what I mean. I hope you can glean some sort of actual meaning from my rambling.

Maybe it is best to leave it that I am enjoined to feel and show compassion for all and even though I often fail, I keep trying to attain that goal.

Poor Jessica. She must have been so terrified. He's a monster.

ITA, I don't care what's in his psyche. He needs to be put down like the evil dog he is. If people could have visual of what he did to that poor little girl, see it for how it happened, they would expect no less. I'm so tired of victims getting left behind, because they can't be seen anymore. The killer is seen and people want to feel sorry for him, he doesn't deserve pity. If we wouldn't want to have him in our homes ten years from now, around us or our children, why would anyone want him back out to do this to someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong