Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if the pic shown yesterday on TV (reportedly shown to the jury early on in testimony) has changed any minds here.

Not sure why it would change any minds. Death often isn't pretty yet that doesn't change the evidence/facts in the case. A few days ago someone said George should have checked to see if TM was dead etc.... and I said many believe it is best NOT to look at the deceased individuals face in these situations as that image can stay with you (you can't be haunted by images that you never saw).

I think the pic proves that point and I hope George kept his eyes averted.

Honestly I do worry about the pic being used to encourage rioting though. That pic would be like throwing gasoline on a fire.

IMO.

Matter of fact, after watching all of these, video examples, (shooting by men with two hands, standing up).......and still significant recoil.....I am convinced now more than ever that one handed, the non-dominant one at that, on the ground, on his back with only inches between them- caused his facial injuries. Thank you for posting!

There is not significant enough recoil. There is significant recoil for a handgun, but not enough enough to break a nose, or even bloody one. Have you ever shot a weapon?

The sharp kick from a handgun would not be enough to give someone a bloody nose. I implore you to find evidence of someone receiving even a bloody nose from the recoil of a 9mm handgun alone.

If Zimmerman was toting around a sawed-off shotgun, I might agree. But what he was using does not factually align with any of the assertions given.

:twocents:

NCgramma linked to this article in the media thread,
I find this utterly appalling. Firing the whistleblower??? What will be next? I doubt Angela Corey will be elected to another term.

The state holding onto the text messages on TMs phone is incomprehensible. The judge didn't allow them in because they couldn't be "verified". The defense didn't have the time to verify these messages before the trial, but one would bet IF GZ is convicted of anything this will come up on appeal. IMO

State Attorney Angela Corey fires information techonology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case

Well let's assume GZ is indeed lying on his back and TM is above him and the gun is 4 inches away from TM's chest. How far away from GZ face is it? Easily a recoil IMO

Too far for the slide to hit him in the nose. Recoil from a 9mm handgun is just not very much. MOO.

Well let's assume GZ is indeed lying on his back and TM is above him and the gun is 4 inches away from TM's chest. How far away from GZ face is it? Easily a recoil IMO

Again, even if the recoil did impact him in the face, it would not be the cause of the bloody nose, broken nose, or head injuries.

:twocents:

So if George is found guilty he will have to stay in jail for at least 18 months correct?

I also hope this jury votes out of fear that riots will start if they do not give the correct verdict.

If you hope this jury votes based on a fear of the reaction of the outcome (rather than on evidence and law), it means that you want 'mob justice' to prevail and the whole justice system would be dissolved.

CLARIFIED:

EDITED because iluvmua later posted that she had left out the word NOT while typing fast. whew!!!!!

I'm sadden by this whole thing, it should have never happened and yet it did :( I never believed GZ was a murder nor do I believe he went out that night with intent to kill but a 17 year old did get killed and now this big mess of who, why, how, etc. It was senseless IMO.. :scared:

So if George is found guilty he will have to stay in jail for at least 18 months correct?

I also hope this jury votes out of fear that riots will start if they do not give the correct verdict.
??? Not following the reasoning of your final sentence. JMO

It is too bad that George Zimmerman's involvement in getting justice for a black homeless man beaten up by the then Sanford Police Chief's son was not widely publicized. Anything pro GZ in the media isn't widely reported.
Interestingly enough, the current Judge Nelson was also the judge in the previous case.
http://www.nejamelaw.com/rick-jancha-in-the-news/cops-son-gets-probation.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/05/trayvon_george_and_the_homeless_man.html
From article:
Upset at the lack of media attention, Zimmerman and his wife Shellie printed fliers demanding that the community "hold accountable" officers responsible for any misconduct.

They then drove the fliers around to area churches and passed them out on a Sunday morning. Later, at a public meeting in January 2011, Zimmerman took the floor and said, "I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white. It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those that are in the thin blue line."

This meeting was recorded on video. As a result of the publicity, Police Chief Brian Tooley, whom Zimmerman blasted for his "illegal cover-up and corruption," was forced to resign.

Ironically, perhaps, Zimmerman headlined his fliers with a famous quote from Anglo-Irish statesman Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." He would have been better off quoting another Anglo-Irishman, Oscar Wilde: "No good deed goes unpunished."

<modsnip>

No good deed goes unpunished. Indeed.

Wow! I did not know that!

Not sure why it would change any minds. Death often isn't pretty yet that doesn't change the evidence/facts in the case. A few days ago someone said George should have checked to see if TM was dead etc.... and I said many believe it is best NOT to look at the deceased individuals face in these situations as that image can stay with you (you can't be haunted by images that you never saw).

Honestly I do worry about the pic being used to encourage rioting though. That pic would be like throwing gasoline on a fire.

IMO.

That picture was "accidently" shown by MSNBC. IMO, it was not an accident.

I have seen something repeatedly discussed in the thread that, IMO, is an unfounded assertion based on little evidence.

Let's try to take an objective look at the notion that Zimmerman's weapon recoiling into his face may have cut his nose, bloodied it, potentially broken it, and slammed his head into the ground.
How, exactly, and where was the weapon found when police arrived? Was Zimmerman's blood on it? Was this posted already?

I am totally not swayed by either side which would not be helpful if I was on the jury. I don't think the State proved Murder 2. I don't know about manslaughter. There is no winner in this case. JMV

No they went door to door close by to find witnesses - not to identify Trayvon. They sent out no notices - just left him lying in the morgue as an identified AA young male.

didn't he? What excuse did he say about Trayvon supposively walking through the complex and "circling his car"?
Not sure if he used the actual word, but definitely was portraying him that way with "f*$king p*nks" and "these *$$holes".

NCgramma linked to this article in the media thread,
I find this utterly appalling. Firing the whistleblower??? What will be next? I doubt Angela Corey will be elected to another term.

The state holding onto the text messages on TMs phone is incomprehensible. The judge didn't allow them in because they couldn't be "verified". The defense didn't have the time to verify these messages before the trial, but one would bet IF GZ is convicted of anything this will come up on appeal. IMO

State Attorney Angela Corey fires information techonology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case

Ms. Corey might well be disbarred when all this is over, IMO.

I believe this will be a hung jury...

IMO.

Wasn't the question about George looking at him to answer two questions?
The first is - why didn't he look to see if TM needed immediate medical assistance if he had just shot him without malice? That was a human life bleeding away there no matter what.
The second is - George sounded "surprised" in his police interview to hear that TM was dead. If GZ didn't know he was dead - why did he stand up, holster his gun and start walking around back and forth? Wasn't he still "in fear for his life" if TM was still alive? Even wounded, if alive TM could have struggled up when GZ's back was turned and charged him.

IMO

Justice for Trayvon Martin

Hello Verdict Watchers ! Just thought I'd check in and get a feel for what's going on. I of course know the story. I did watch 1 / 35th of the trial LOL . What do you all think is coming? I'll go back and read up a bit !

Nice to see George smile.

I hope he keeps smiling.

JMO

ABC news has a picture of George cracking a small smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress