Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the fuel gauge was broken and is now fixed (we do not know if either of these points are true) has Borce achieved some mechanically miraculous feat by fixing it simply by driving over a bump?
All I can imagine is that a fuse was loose and was jolted back into place?
But if Borce had suspected a fuse that could have been easily checked by himself or a mechanic. [emoji848]
Maybe Abbstar can help us out here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops
IN a fresh twist in the Karen Ristevski mystery, it has emerged the family’s mechanic accidentally gave police an incorrect statement regarding a faulty fuel gauge in the murdered woman’s Mercedes.
Kemal Yusuf, who runs the Mercedes-Benz Service Station in Milleara Rd, Keilor East, told police in the past week that husband Borce Ristevski had never mentioned a problem with a faulty fuel gauge when he brought the car in.

But after a phone call from Mr Ristevski on Wednesday, Mr Yusuf said he had been mistaken about this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e/news-story/aea4ecfc11c8dccd8df6b43967f4094c
Ristevski family mechanic says he gave police incorrect statement on fuel gauge
Andrew Jefferson and David Hurley,

You are kidding me!!! :tantrum: :gaah:

I think it may be time for the reporters to come up with an alternative word for 'twist' ..... how many times have we had the headline, 'new twist in Ristevski case', 'shock twist', 'fresh twist', 'stunning twist', 'mum mystery twist', oh boy ..... even the new twist has a fresh twist the next day [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Hello,
I'm new here but have read these forums for quite a long time. I listened to the podcast "interview" when it went up, and I just wanted to ask...
Does anyone know if Borce has his passport? Would it be likely that police are keeping an eye on him in case he tried to leave the country?
I got the feeling that when AC was saying if this case wasn't solved in 3 weeks Borce would get away with it, that maybe he suspected or knew that Borce was planning to take off overseas. Sorry if I have missed this already being mentioned.

Regarding the mechanic thing, I have a feeling he was "convinced" to say he was wrong, as a previous poster said.

Just my opinion of course 😊

Hello,
I'm new here but have read these forums for quite a long time. I listened to the podcast "interview" when it went up, and I just wanted to ask...
Does anyone know if Borce has his passport? Would it be likely that police are keeping an eye on him in case he tried to leave the country?
I got the feeling that when AC was saying if this case wasn't solved in 3 weeks Borce would get away with it, that maybe he suspected or knew that Borce was planning to take off overseas. Sorry if I have missed this already being mentioned.

Regarding the mechanic thing, I have a feeling he was "convinced" to say he was wrong, as a previous poster said.

Just my opinion of course ��

Welcome.

Yes the three weeks does seem to be pointing toward something.
I was wondering if it was maybe about AR upcoming court date...20th.

Yes there is something a lot .... hinky about the mechanic and his memory loss.

What is the significance of the mechanics story anyways?
The fuel gauge was broken at 10.30 am on the day Karen disappeared according to Borce and it was fixed sometime later that morning before midday.....by a bump on the Calder.

Two years = 2015. Three years = 2014.

That was about the time AR was having his 14 month holiday .......?

imo

I thought it was the owner who was interviewed, not some mechanic? I have relied on him to know what he claims. :gaah:
The owner can be a mechanic too! The mechanic owns the garage :D I know several mechanics who're the owners of their garages/workshops and they also employ several mechanics to work for them in their garage/workshop.

:therethere: Yeah I know....you weren't the only one who relied on him and believed what he was saying was correct. I really believe Mr Yusuf made a genuine mistake, nothing more and nothing less. MOO

The owner can be a mechanic too! The mechanic owns the garage :D I know several mechanics who're the owners of their garages/workshops and they also employ several mechanics to work for them in their garage/workshop.

:therethere: Yeah I know....you weren't the only one who relied on him and believed what he was saying was correct. I really believe Mr Yusuf made a genuine mistake, nothing more and nothing less. MOO

Agree UT

Borce does like to make phone calls to make his facts known. Journo's, mechanics ..... wonder who else he may have called..........

What's he threatened the poor mechanic with ?? Take it back or I will get my big bro onto you !

Could yesterday's fiasco been staged to discredit all LE's hard work?

This could swing a jury's decision. All evidence now appears to be weak.

Agree UT

Borce does like to make phone calls to make his facts known. Journo's, mechanics ..... wonder who else he may have called..........

I believe it was Borce's lawyers who called the journos to be witness to the call and the mechanic changing his memory.
Borce might have been sitting in his car watching from across the road!
IMO that mechanic wasn't the most confident type personality.

For Borce to call when those journos were there was an unbelievable coincidence. I don't believe in coincidences, not like that.

What's he threatened the poor mechanic with ?? Take it back or I will get my big bro onto you !

Has that mechanic been threatened with legal mumbo-jumbo he couldn't understand?
The poor innocent bugger doesn't know what he's in for.

Agree UT

We're bound to find out sooner or later if he's called others lol! But hey, if someone accuses me of something and I know for a fact it's not true, I will get hold of them and set the record straight. I think most people would, wouldn't they? Even moreso if in BR's position. According to him he's not guilty, he did not kill his wife, so if he feels/knows information is being reported that is not true/correct, it is his right to set the record straight, if he chooses to do so...I think anyway!! MOO

We're bound to find out sooner or later if he's called others lol! But hey, if someone accuses me of something and I know for a fact it's not true, I will get hold of them and set the record straight. I think most people would, wouldn't they? Even moreso if in BR's position. According to him he's not guilty, he did not kill his wife, so if he feels/knows information is being reported that is not true/correct, it is his right to set the record straight, if he chooses to do so...I think anyway!! MOO

While the mechanic is on camera, what are the odds? Borce is playing with people, he is much cleverer than anyone gives him credit. This guy is all about image; he's not deep in debt, he's a great businessman, he's just working to get out of the house, he didn't kill his wife....... there's a pattern.

He can make calls about the faulty fuel gauge but won't speak to the police, can't remember what happened for 100 minutes on the day Karen disappeared, won't clear his wife's name about rumours dirtying her image, won't speak about his son's claims...... there's a pattern.

JMO

While the mechanic is on camera, what are the odds? Borce is playing with people, he is much cleverer than anyone gives him credit. This guy is all about image; he's not deep in debt, he's a great businessman, he's just working to get out of the house, he didn't kill his wife....... there's a pattern.

He can make calls about the faulty fuel gauge but won't speak to the police, can't remember what happened for 100 minutes on the day Karen disappeared, won't clear his wife's name about rumours dirtying her image, won't speak about his son's claims...... there's a pattern.

JMO
I really doubt very much it would make a big difference if he spoke to the police and didn't lawyer up! People would still say he's guilty...straight off the bat. Would make no difference at all! Lawyering up does not mean one is guilty of any wrong doing. We still haven't heard from SR...she lawyered up too so it's not just BR. Nobody is defending KR (with the exception of KR's Aunty and a friend or two) which is really sad, very very sad!

I really doubt very much it would make a big difference if he spoke to the police and didn't lawyer up! People would still say he's guilty...straight off the bat. Would make no difference at all! Lawyering up does not mean one is guilty of any wrong doing. We still haven't heard from SR...she lawyered up too so it's not just BR. Nobody is defending KR (with the exception of KR's Aunty and a friend or two) which is really sad, very very sad!
This is true, but at the time Karen was only missing.

This is true, but at the time Karen was only missing.
Yep, she was only missing at the time and it wasn't till after the reporter asked BR if he killed KR, BR lawyered up! I can understand that, I don't know why others can't. BR knew then, what people were going to say/think regardless of what he had to say.... he was guilty, period!!

Yep, she was only missing at the time and it wasn't till after the reporter asked BR if he killed KR, BR lawyered up! I can understand that, I don't know why others can't. BR knew then, what people were going to say/think regardless of what he had to say.... he was guilty, period!!

Wasn't it after his Friday 8 July interview that he clammed up and possibly saw his lawyer?

Detectives from the missing persons squad have confirmed they questioned Mr Ristevski about his wife's disappearance last Friday. He has since been released pending further inquiries.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...s-mother-karen-ristevski-20160711-gq3fw0.html

Mr Stary said he had been advising Mr Ristevski since soon after the disappearance.
"We've been advising him since day one really," he said.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...s-murder-his-lawyer-says-20170222-guihl1.html

Sarah, now 22, was present at the family home earlier in the morning before leaving, police have been told.
The Herald Sun understands police believe they were close to making a key breakthrough in the case during the interview with Mr Ristevski.
The interview, which took place not long after 47-year-old Mrs Ristevski was reported missing, came to an abrupt end when he refused to answer any more questions.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d/news-story/ee48a668502bb1000bcaf7762e984e42
Borce Ristevski can’t explain movements for almost 100 minutes on day Karen vanished

We don't know that for sure UT. Karen was only missing less than 2 wks, and Borce is worried he'll be blamed for her death, but no one knew she was dead, there was no body!
If you look at all the disappearances of family members, no one comes to that conclusion that quickly. If Borce has nothing to hide, why not tell the police what he did for those 100 minutes?

JMO

I am not getting why a broken fuel gauge some 2 or 3 years previous really even matters. Borce said it fixed itself when he did a u turn up the Calder and returned home by noon.

Maybe he phoned the mechanic on another occasion which is more significant.....:dunno:
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member