GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for making me think about what drinks Jorley could of grabbed. Seems like a lead for LE, in my opinion.

Search continues for missing 7-year-old Canton girl

Search crews Sunday were focusing on two nearby apartment complexes and surrounding wooded areas.

"Here we are getting into the 48-hour mark [and] enough's enough -- we've got to get something and that's why we're out here now and we'll be out here as long as it takes," Jeff Hall with Canton police told Channel 2 Action News.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/search-continues-for-missing-1249642.html

Crews intensify search for missing girl

Canton detectives told Channel 2 Action Newsthey have changed their search strategy to try to find the girl.

Investigators said they have teams spreading out and working a more methodical search. But time is working against them.

{snip}

They've also been going to businesses and handing out flyers, and have released new pictures that show Jorelys different hairstyles and pictures with her teeth coming in.

"We've kind of touched every piece that we can and now we're doing more of a methodical search. We're getting down and touching every leaf moving every pine straw everything that we can," Hall said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/crews-intensify-search-missing-girl/nFs6d/

From Twitter:

CBSAtlBreaking CBS Atlanta News
A $5000 reward has been offered in the child abduction case of Jorelys Rivera.
1 hour ago

Have they said they've ruled out the RSOs in the area?

I looked them up for a 2 mile radius of the complex. If I counted correctly (one guy was listed twice), 8 of the 12 were for child related sex crimes. Ugh.

One was convicted of child molestation in September of this year and released the next day? :furious:

http://www.icrimewatch.net/index.php?AgencyID=54087&disc= (just plug in apartment address and zip code, then click on 2 mile radius.)

I've looked at several RSO's in that area, and mine, today. I am shocked at how short some of the sentences are!!! BTW, thanks for the icrimewatch link. Pretty handy!

Not sure if they have ruled out RSO's, but IIRC, they were checking on them in the first few hours.

You are correct. They could easily get out to 140 on Lucky. Or, depending on where in the complex they were coming from they could also go out the front entrance on Reinhardt Parkway. If this is the direction, it leaves alot of WIDE open area that they need to search.

Reinhardt Pkwy also leads to Reservoir Drive, which is a long hilly road with nothing on either side - except fields and the reservoir, until you get into Big Sky subdivision. We use to do training walks out there on Saturday mornings, and didn't see much traffic at all, even though it was right around the corner from a large shopping area, and the very busy Riverstone Parkway.

The complex is also close to I-575, which runs up into North Georgia in case anyone isn't familiar with the nearby highways.

Thanks! My Google search showed the 100 block of River Ridge as towards the rear of the complex. If that's correct, the more direct route out of the complex would seem to be Lucky or April.

I haven't posted beside you since the Kristi Cornwell case. Good to see you
icon7.gif

It seems time has run out for something completely innocent to have occurred - like she's hanging out in a friend's apartment and the family is oblivious to the fact that she's declared missing. : (

Thanks! My Google search showed the 100 block of River Ridge as towards the rear of the complex. If that's correct, the more direct route out of the complex would seem to be Lucky or April.

I haven't posted beside you since the Kristi Cornwell case. Good to see you
icon7.gif

Good to see you, too. Hope you're doing well!

Prayers for Jorelys, and all of the folks searching.

You are correct. They could easily get out to 140 on Lucky. Or, depending on where in the complex they were coming from they could also go out the front entrance on Reinhardt Parkway. If this is the direction, it leaves alot of WIDE open area that they need to search.

Reinhardt Pkwy also leads to Reservoir Drive, which is a long hilly road with nothing on either side - except fields and the reservoir, until you get into Big Sky subdivision. We use to do training walks out there on Saturday mornings, and didn't see much traffic at all, even though it was right around the corner from a large shopping area, and the very busy Riverstone Parkway.

The complex is also close to I-575, which runs up into North Georgia in case anyone isn't familiar with the nearby highways.

What's up with that reservoir? Is it an open area the public can easily access like Lake Alatoona, or is it enclosed/secured somehow?

WSBTV local news broadcast...

- reporter at command center says crew just took off in hurry, gathered equipment including ropes and headed to area they say includes a steep incline
- two of Jorely's friends say her sister was playing with her and sister went inside because she was cold and Jorely was outside by herself, last time they saw her was at 3:45 pm
- reporter went to mother's apartment and mother wouldn't talk to him, female at door said there was nothing new and she (mother) didn't want to talk to them
- LE says family is cooperating, no one has been ruled out, everyone is a person of interest

CBS46 local news broadcast...

- search teams calling in state and federal agents
- command center planning which areas to cover next
- covered 35 acres on Sunday including retention ponds, wells, sewer taps
- searched wooded area near apartment complex
- no strong leads
- can't lose focus, this is a 7 year old girl, we've got to find her
- volunteers posted her picture in store windows
- GBI agents on ground right now
- more manpower to show up tomorrow including FBI agents
- Cherokee County Sheriff's Department offering $5000 reward

WSBTV local news broadcast...

- reporter at command center says crew just took off in hurry, gathered equipment including ropes and headed to area they say includes a steep incline
- two of Jorely's friends say her sister was playing with her and sister went inside because she was cold and Jorely was outside by herself, last time they saw her was at 3:45 pm
- reporter went to mother's apartment and mother wouldn't talk to him, female at door said there was nothing new and she (mother) didn't want to talk to them
- LE says family is cooperating, no one has been ruled out, everyone is a person of interest

Does this mean the earlier account of the babysitter was wrong? News has been stating the babysitter was at the playground with all the kids and Jorelys left to get drinks at 5:00 and never returned. Mom was asleep in the apartment.

Now LE is saying no one has been ruled out? I'm not insinuating anything, but it's always on my mind in the beginning of these cases. Stranger abductions/murder seem to be rare these days.
icon9.gif

Does this mean the earlier account of the babysitter was wrong? News has been stating the babysitter was at the playground with all the kids and Jorelys left to get drinks at 5:00 and never returned. Mom was asleep in the apartment.

Now LE is saying no one has been ruled out? I'm not insinuating anything, but it's always on my mind in the beginning of these cases. Stranger abductions/murder seem to be rare these days.
icon9.gif

I'm wondering about the accuracy of all the earlier accounts.
According to Jorelys's friends the reporter talked to, Jorelys was at the playground with her sister. That sounds like the sister was the babysitter, but I haven't heard that she has an older sister. And it seems the timeline has changed from her last being seen at 5 pm to now being last seen at 3:45.

LE said the parents have been cooperating, but then specifically said no one has been ruled out, everyone is a suspect.

I'm very curious about LE quickly loading their equipment including ropes at 11pm to head to an area with a steep incline.

Prayers they find Jorelys.

I looked for a twitter update from that reporter and there was nothing.
Was the area close by I wonder? On the Google map it looks like the area between Lucky Street and Reinhardt College Prkway, could be an incline? Or maybe directly off of RCP in that area Andarko talked about earlier.

The comment by the former neighbor in the link I posted above has me curious. What was it that should no child see?

icon9.gif

I will admit I've given a passing thought that a)the babysitter is a YOUNG teen, 13, maybe a cousin, and is possibly in the home for the express purpose of being free childcare. And b) Mom maybe wasn't exactly sleeping and was conducting some sort of business out of the apartment, therefore, kiddies need to stay on the playground even at dusk. Therefore, c) when DCFS got a look around the apartment, and at the uber young mini nanny of three, they decided to remove the children.

This just in (and new to me) on 11 Alive news (I'm watching a late showing.)

4 coke cans found behind apartment complex. Two empty, two full. They're being tested by GBI.

Inspected mom's van and removed items from mom's van.

WXIA local news broadcast...

- search continues at this hour (at midnight!), first time detectives have been out this late searching
- investigators say they consider everyone a person of interest
- authorities say they found 4 white Coke cans, 2 empty cans, 2 full cans, behind one of the buildings at the apartment complex. being tested right now
- crime scene techs out at her home, going through family's van and removing a number of items, no word on whether it's standard procedure or possible evidence
- everyone is a person of interest, no one ruled out, no one ruled in either
- multiple agencies involved, tracking dogs
- lack of credible information received
- mother declining interviews saying she and family simply want to wait at home hoping she has been found safe
- Sheriff's office has $5000 reward, could rise the longer this goes unsolved

My husband went to Reinhardt... says there are SEVERAL areas that have large areas that "drop off" hwy 140 just north of the college...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa