The Note Page

Here is what I am able to decipher from her notes in the center of the page. They are notes that were taken on another sheet of paper (over this page of notes) or it could be info that was possibly erased on this very same sheet of paper.

Upon further infrared enhancement and conversion, I can determine that underneath the name "Jennifer Perkins" and within the semicircle line is the number "39," and the letters "CA" followed by the number "36" underneath. It's possible that the last number could be B6 instead, but after doing a trace scan, it's a closer match to 36. (see last image for comparison in red lettering).

Nice work Kodiak. I agree that there is something there. IMO It was something that was erased. I played with some enhancements as well but I saw something totally different. Here's what I saw. I do see some writing below this but I'm not sure what it is. Dang now I'm even more stumped! :banghead:

Attachments

• LR image 3.jpg
    LR image 3.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 193
The Phone number next to Tuscon is assigned to a contractor currently. 602 used to be the area code for AZ until the 90s (see link below) when they got multiple area codes. That phone number would certainly be a good lead to follow up on. 602-887-2926 (now 520 instead of 602).

I'll keep on digging on that one!

Area code 602 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, fellow WSers, I emailed the Tuscon public library and had them look up this number in their CC directory. Here was the response:

I did not find a listing for that number in the Tucson City Directory until 1984-85, and it appeared again in 1986 and 1988. Hope this helps!

They included a scan of the page that had the number. Here it is cropped to the relevant number:

2vb7pkn.jpg

This is awfully similar to the listing I found (current) with the same number.

Thoughts?

Here's the original image I was working with

Attachments

• LR image 2.jpg
    LR image 2.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 145
Nice work Kodiak. I agree that there is something there. IMO It was something that was erased. I played with some enhancements as well but I saw something totally different. Here's what I saw. I do see some writing below this but I'm not sure what it is. Dang now I'm even more stumped! :banghead:

I don't think the top number is an "8" because there is clearly a long vertical stroke that clearly extends from a circle, creating a number "9" in the "39." I think she wrote it right side up. But, perhaps the "CA" is not even that, but perhaps a "CR"?

Great work Kodiak and mrskeev! Unfortunately I see both when you point them out. I am certainly not an expert in analyzing images. :banghead:

Maybe if we look at both of your enhanced images side by side? Two sets, one looking as if the page is placed "right side up" and the other if it is flipped to its side, like in the version that mrskeev posted.

Kodiak I also questioned if the CA could be a CR in yours, but if you look at the way she writes her r's they are definitely more rounded on the top, not a downward stroke like the one in the enhanced image.

Great work Kodiak and mrskeev! Unfortunately I see both when you point them out. I am certainly not an expert in analyzing images. :banghead:

Maybe if we look at both of your enhanced images side by side? Two sets, one looking as if the page is placed "right side up" and the other if it is flipped to its side, like in the version that mrskeev posted.

Kodiak I also questioned if the CA could be a CR in yours, but if you look at the way she writes her r's they are definitely more rounded on the top, not a downward stroke like the one in the enhanced image.

I see it both ways as well. I think its a great idea to do a side by sides. It might just help someone to see something we didn't.

The only things I question about the infrared image is the CA and the 3 in "36". I don't see that type of 3 on any of the other numbers and I think that CA could possible be CN. Her N's tend to have a extended stroke at the end. Who knows, I'm certainly no handwriting expert either :D

Couldn't add the image to the last one.

Attachments

• LR image 4.jpg
    LR image 4.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 114
Well, fellow WSers, I emailed the Tuscon public library and had them look up this number in their CC directory. Here was the response:

They included a scan of the page that had the number. Here it is cropped to the relevant number:

2vb7pkn.jpg

This is awfully similar to the listing I found (current) with the same number.

Thoughts?

Great find mandiedq! It looks like that is the same contracting company. FLEK wrote "made up" next to it, so it could either be that she made up the number to use, or discovered that the number somebody gave her was made up.

Would you be able to contact the main library in Los Angeles and check on some of those numbers? I am especially interested in who owned the 213-460-6190 number prior to 1995. My comments about that number are in the Jueng/Lish thread.

Great find mandiedq! It looks like that is the same contracting company. FLEK wrote "made up" next to it, so it could either be that she made up the number to use, or discovered that the number somebody gave her was made up.

Would you be able to contact the main library in Los Angeles and check on some of those numbers? I am especially interested in who owned the 213-460-6190 number prior to 1995. My comments about that number are in the Jueng/Lish thread.

As requested, I've sent an email to the LA library. Their website says "48 hours excluding weekends." Hopefully we'll get a reply soon!

I see it both ways as well. I think its a great idea to do a side by sides. It might just help someone to see something we didn't.

The only things I question about the infrared image is the CA and the 3 in "36". I don't see that type of 3 on any of the other numbers and I think that CA could possible be CN. Her N's tend to have a extended stroke at the end. Who knows, I'm certainly no handwriting expert either :D

Here are the requested comparisons...

comparison-2.jpg

Great Kodiak! Look forward to hearing what you discovered. If you have any posts that you want moved from the original thread, you can hit the "alert" button at the top right of the post and ask a mod to move it to one of these new threads.

(I tried to click the link from your old post and got an access forbidden error. Is it possible to repost them in some way for all to view?)

My original infrared post from the main thread was moved to this thread. It is post #3. Thanks again, ClaireNC, for that info to move a post via a Mod.

My original infrared post from the main thread was moved to this thread. It is post #3. Thanks again, ClaireNC, for that info to move a post via a Mod.

Kodiak: I can't open that file. It says "forbidden" when I try to!

I think it is appearing backwards and was written on the other side of the paper. Viewed that way, it looks like 8 26.

Has anyone looked at the words to the right of Kathleen Jeung? I can't figure out the last one. I tried a couple of combinations of letters that I thought it could be and let's just say next time I'll have to search incognito :blushing:
Any thought on what it says or means?

Hi! I'm new.:seeya:

It looks like like I** Fouk to me. Fouk in North America, as a last name, seems to be a phonetic interpretation of many different names from many different places.

Also, has anyone mentioned how curious it is that she used the paper upside down? Like she grabbed some paper that was just lying around and started using it to make a note? So the photo shoot may have even been for someone else?

The 1987 phone book is the only searchable directory in our time frame and has no listing for 213-460-6190.
Also no listing for 213-642-0692 (nothing in the 213-642-06XX range).
There are no listings for 213-692-*advertiser censored*

Anything else you'd like me to look up in the '87 directory?

Well, this may solve the Jeung mystery. From the 1987 telephone book:

xo343n.jpg

The first number is the house number. Then the name and the phone number. I have the street, but I'm not sure if I should publish it...

The 1987 phone book is the only searchable directory in our time frame and has no listing for 213-460-6190.
Also no listing for 213-642-0692 (nothing in the 213-642-06XX range).
There are no listings for 213-692-*advertiser censored*

Anything else you'd like me to look up in the '87 directory?

Thanks mandiedq!
How about (213) 460-6190? Some people suggested that the first number in the 760-6190 number might actually be a 4.

Is it all just the 213 area code in the book you are searching?
Did you look for the These Eyes number 650-8880? Though this might be in the 323 area code.
There were also some 818 numbers on the note page. 818-356-7300 – This number is currently used by a company called Joe's Barbershop at 13220 Maclay St. We do not know if the same business had that number in the 1980’s?

Thanks mandiedq!
How about (213) 460-6190? Some people suggested that the first number in the 760-6190 number might actually be a 4.

460-6190 has nothing.

760-6190 has nothing. The listings jump from 760-59xx to 760-77xx.

Well, this may solve the Jeung mystery. From the 1987 telephone book:

xo343n.jpg

The first number is the house number. Then the name and the phone number. I have the street, but I'm not sure if I should publish it...

This is a huge find. Jeung In Seuk almost surely matches up with "Jeung Ing Fouk"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back