Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: found the posts that relate to the LPG, Jr. informant stuff:

this thread page #50 post #1246
snipped: Gonzalez, Jr. received $150,000 for providing "intelligence" services from January through April of 2008, according to Jenkins.
from: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/16/cbsnews_investigates/main5166742.shtml

this thread page #51 post #1264
snipped: It looks like both Lpatrick and BFausti made deals back in 2002.

this thread page #51 post #1272
snipped: As I just mentioned in a previous post - there are some indiactors in Lpatricks pot bust from 2002 that he might have gone the informant route:

He changed his name in the middle of the case, they decided not to pursue almost everything (50.00 fine?)

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml...se_id=23678403

And then we have Lpatrick claiming to go off to Costa Rica. . .

And if you click the link in the above post, all of Jr's charges went bye-bye as the prosecutor dropped all charges.

So do you think that he (LPGJr) is going to try and do the same thing by becoming an informant again in order to get out of these charges?

My son in law to be has been doing home safety systems just like the Billings had put in where you can view home from any computer top of the line systems .he is going to put in a complete system on thier home anyway tonite I was there and I started talking about the Billings and what happened.He said yes they can be disabled remotely but that only shuts down the live feed,the video is still going recording everything.Only way to shut them down totally is to do it on site.Maybe who ever their computer expert was did not realize this.He said unless its the people who installed the system.He also works with satellites and live video feed so he knows what he is talking about.

They were having a staycation and I wanted to leave them alone, but after we had a birthday party for his 9 yr old adorable nephew I started to talk about the Billings and he told me this info.

Just out of curiosity, did you read the article a few pages back where Byrd Billings and a few other people plead NO CONTEST to adoption fraud and fraudulent loans?

Here's the actual story: http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1019059.ece

The Associated Press paid $68 and received the full court documents earlier in the day before the story came out.

It's called digging to find motives behind their murders, not animosity.

We -ALL- have shady people we are some how acquainted or friends with. Although I've never done drugs, never robbed a bank nor had more than a speeding ticket, through my friends' friends and associates, people would dig it up on me if something happened. It's connecting the dots. And they would be correct to dig and try to find out if I may somehow be involved based on findings that some of my friends have been arrested for shoplifting, and some friends of friends who I know nothing about might have done more evil things.

It happens. But to ignore the facts (such as the above court judgment) and/or keep our noses off the ground from speculating to what we've discovered in public records wouldn't be called sleuthing, imo.

The complaints haven't been because of sleuthing; they've been because so much uncorroborated innuendo, unconfirmed "facts," tenuous connections, and outright speculation have been posted. There's no hurry, no missing child, no crazed maniac on the loose. Posters can follow a trail a bit farther before they post something and be prepared to connect the dots for other posters.(Also, there have been lots of links with only things like, "OMG, look at this" to introduce them instead of an explanation of what point the poster is making. See Rules and Etiquette.)

As a VICTIM FRIENDLY site, which I can't stress enough, we are supposed to use a great deal of discretion when posting about victim's backgrounds. We are not supposed to just throw things against the wall and see if they stick where the victims of a crime are concerned. We're not like other crime sites in that respect.

The VICTIM FRIENDLY aspect of WS is one of it's main strengths.

Just out of curiosity, did you read the article a few pages back where Byrd Billings and a few other people plead NO CONTEST to adoption fraud and fraudulent loans?

Here's the actual story: http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1019059.ece

The Associated Press paid $68 and received the full court documents earlier in the day before the story came out.

It's called digging to find motives behind their murders, not animosity.

We -ALL- have shady people we are some how acquainted or friends with. Although I've never done drugs, never robbed a bank nor had more than a speeding ticket, through my friends' friends and associates, people would dig it up on me if something happened. It's connecting the dots. And they would be correct to dig and try to find out if I may somehow be involved based on findings that some of my friends have been arrested for shoplifting, and some friends of friends who I know nothing about might have done more evil things.

It happens. But to ignore the facts (such as the above court judgment) and/or keep our noses off the ground from speculating to what we've discovered in public records wouldn't be called sleuthing, imo.
Wow. Did you read my post? It totally concurs with what you are saying here. Forgive me--maybe because of the late hour and mental fatigue from back-reading posts to catch up I didn't convey my point well. If anyone else out there understood me, help me out here, please.

I have NEVER in my life come across such information on a case in my entire life. I have a backround working for a private defense firm --- obviously there is ALOT we are not posting about since we don't want to "offend" victims advocates or make baseless speculation since has not been mentioned by LE as of yet... there are SEVERAL potential connections to these murders and there are SEVERAL motives!!! I don't even know what to say or type at this very moment. In my heart, I feel the Billings loved their children to the fullest extent, I in no means are defacing who they were, I truley believe they always had the best intentions of children in their hearts and were good people. However, in findings that I can not continue to rehash to only be deleted etc... there IS IMO, business dealings NOT on the up and up. I dont' want to go into everything that several of us on this board are finding because we will no longer be "victims advocates"-- the great sunshine state will have to release this info at some point, but I want to go on the record to put this out there for all. Even in words it is hard to descibe the complexity of this case!!!! I know it is harder to discuss things in it's own forum but there are sooooooooooooooooooooo verrrrrrrrrrrrry many players that I almost think that is what is best to keep things organized. I really am at a loss of words...

PS-- after the tampa article tonight - I would bet my last BOTTOM DOLLAR we do find out that Byrd Billings was incarcerated in federal prison - I can't back this up with a link because of a time lapse of online records...but I gurantee it will come out...

I've seen almost the exact scenario you've described in domestic abuse and/or custody dispute situations, multiple times. One can bankrupt another with trumped up charges, discredit them, destroy their reputation, jeopardize their position of employment, and if nothing else destroy their psyche.

You said it. The fact that anyone can see that in open court records now is an embarrassment for me even though it happened long ago and I was totally innocent. The girl was just a freak and insainly jealous over anyone who talked to her boyfriend. I've forgotten about the trouble and the expense that stupid girl put me through, but even though it was a frivolous claim - it's still there in public record and people can see it and wonder about it. I can see it now - if for some reason in the future if something ever happens or someone I know gets into trouble or is murdered (God Forbid) and my name is brought out through sleuthing (like we are doing here) - someone will say "OMG - Look!!! Little 4 foot 11, 85 pound Gypsy Road assaulted Suzy Q. So-and-So....and Suzy Q. So-and-So filed a restraining order against her. OMG - I wonder if Gypsy Road could be the murderer?" :crazy:

back on topic......

I just found a good article summarizing the case and with pictures of the suspects:
Police Find New Evidence in Killing of 2 in Florida

By ANAHAD O’CONNOR
Published: July 16, 2009
Officials investigating the home invasion killing of a Florida couple with 17 children said Thursday that they had recovered what appeared to be the murder weapon and retrieved a safe taken by the killers.
The investigators, who have arrested eight people in the case, said the primary motive was most likely robbery. But they would not say what was in the safe or where it or the murder weapon, one of several guns recovered, had been found.
The victims, Melanie and Byrd Billings, were shot to death last week at their sprawling, nine-bedroom home in the community of Beulah, outside Pensacola. Surveillance cameras outside the house captured a group of masked men entering and leaving.
Mr. Billings, 68, and his wife, 43, were well known in the area for adopting children, many with special needs. Nine children were in the house at the time but were not harmed. The bodies of their parents were found in a bedroom.
<snip>
The authorities said most of the suspects were day laborers who knew one another through an auto detailing shop and a power-washing business. They said the men had apparently spent 30 days training for the home invasion, which was executed as planned except for one problem: someone failed to disable the surveillance system, which the couple had installed to monitor their children. more at link: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/17/us/17florida.html

Wow. Did you read my post? It totally concurs with what you are saying here. Forgive me--maybe because of the late hour and mental fatigue from back-reading posts to catch up I didn't convey my point well. If anyone else out there understood me, help me out here, please.

My apologies as I might have misunderstood your post. You are VERY correct about the late hour and mental fatigue from back-reading posts as it got to me and was why I was heading to bed after hours of being on here and trying to find information.

Then there's the friend who txts and tells me to read what was just posted before I get to sleep. :thumb:

I'll go back and delete the post I made, so others don't respond to it before getting to us just saying "huH?" to each other, even thought it will be in the future quotes.

Hope ya have a great night.

NSC, I know you can't provide a link right now, but tell us - did you find something that indicates that Byrd spent time in the Fed Pen? You've got me curious.

That is his big crime!!!!!

EDIT This is in reference to The adoption under false name article.

The complaints haven't been because of sleuthing; they've been because so much uncorroborated innuendo, unconfirmed "facts," tenuous connections, and outright speculation have been posted. There's no hurry, no missing child, no crazed maniac on the loose. Posters can follow a trail a bit farther before they post something and be prepared to connect the dots for other posters.(Also, there have been lots of links with only things like, "OMG, look at this" to introduce them instead of an explanation of what point the poster is making. See Rules and Etiquette.)

As a VICTIM FRIENDLY site, which I can't stress enough, we are supposed to use a great deal of discretion when posting about victim's backgrounds. We are not supposed to just throw things against the wall and see if they stick where the victims of a crime are concerned. We're not like other crime sites in that respect.

The VICTIM FRIENDLY aspect of WS is one of it's main strengths.
I don't have an argument with this AT ALL and have made similar observations to those you have listed as examples in para 1. I just found them to be the exception and not the rule, and also that the tone when admonishing was rather unnecessarily harsh at times; perhaps it's because of my temperament.

NSC, I know you can't provide a link right now, but tell us - did you find something that indicates that Byrd spent time in the Fed Pen? You've got me curious.

Yes, but nothing I can provide by a link at the moment - so you might as well disregard it per TOS. :behindbar:banghead::banghead::banghead: You can't get everything off the internet and verbal or sources inside the fed can't be quoted on this site - so lets just wait till media releases info...

I have NEVER in my life come across such information on a case in my entire life. I have a backround working for a private defense firm --- obviously there is ALOT we are not posting about since we don't want to "offend" victims advocates or make baseless speculation since has not been mentioned by LE as of yet... there are SEVERAL potential connections to these murders and there are SEVERAL motives!!! I don't even know what to say or type at this very moment. In my heart, I feel the Billings loved their children to the fullest extent, I in no means are defacing who they were, I truley believe they always had the best intentions of children in their hearts and were good people. However, in findings that I can not continue to rehash to only be deleted etc... there IS IMO, business dealings NOT on the up and up. I dont' want to go into everything that several of us on this board are finding because we will no longer be "victims advocates"-- the great sunshine state will have to release this info at some point, but I want to go on the record to put this out there for all. Even in words it is hard to descibe the complexity of this case!!!! I know it is harder to discuss things in it's own forum but there are sooooooooooooooooooooo verrrrrrrrrrrrry many players that I almost think that is what is best to keep things organized. I really am at a loss of words...

PS-- after the tampa article tonight - I would bet my last BOTTOM DOLLAR we do find out that Byrd Billings was incarcerated in federal prison - I can't back this up with a link because of a time lapse of online records...but I gurantee it will come out...

Can I send a private message to you? TIA

This thread is big - 61 pages. Does anyone know how to make a new thread and close this one? I'd do it, but I don't know how to go about doing it. Does a mod need to do it?

This thread is big - 61 pages. Does anyone know how to make a new thread and close this one? I'd do it, but I don't know how to go about doing it. Does a mod need to do it?

I think any one of us can make a new thread but a mod needs to lock this one.

You said it. The fact that anyone can see that in open court records now is an embarrassment for me even though it happened long ago and I was totally innocent. The girl was just a freak and insainly jealous over anyone who talked to her boyfriend. I've forgotten about the trouble and the expense that stupid girl put me through, but even though it was a frivolous claim - it's still there in public record and people can see it and wonder about it. I can see it now - if for some reason in the future if something ever happens or someone I know gets into trouble or is murdered (God Forbid) and my name is brought out through sleuthing (like we are doing here) - someone will say "OMG - Look!!! Little 4 foot 11, 85 pound Gypsy Road assaulted Suzy Q. So-and-So....and Suzy Q. So-and-So filed a restraining order against her. OMG - I wonder if Gypsy Road could be the murderer?" :crazy:

back on topic......
Thank you Gypsy Road. I can go to sleep now laughing and not with a sword in my side (separate experience here earlier). Sweet sleep to all who are retiring and happy day to all who are just getting started.

I will start a new thread and ask a mod to close this one.

Here is the link to the new thread. I have requested that a mod close this one.

Please continue discussion here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3966146#post3966146"]Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Did anyone bother to ask the mods to lock this thread? I just did. Move on over.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86601"]Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23