Trayvon at 7-11: Surveillance Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Trayvon kept checking his pockets as if he was missing money. Maybe that's what he picked up off the floor. JMO

toward the beginning, he also had a verbal exchange with the clerk. Of course we'll never be able to tell what that was about from this tape. But I wonder if the clerk has given a statement or will be called as a witness.

I am sure I will be pelted with tomatoes at some point, but as a former cashier in a store, I am going to make an observation. I am going to say that the lone cashier might have felt intimidated or frightened at first, because of the customer coming in with a full hoodie covering his face and head, and being so slow and deliberate. JMO But it seemed to me that TM was not concerned with looking suspicious in his actions at the time. JMO
Funny you should say that. I watched the cashier the entire video expecting to seem something like that. Only because, as you say, lone cashier . imo he seemed completely unphased. I kind of expected him to keep an eye on TRayvon or follow him visually, but the only time he seemed to pay him any mind at all was when he anticipated that he was about to come to the register and check out. I found the cashier's reactions all unremarkable, which makes me think that Trayvon was not at all intimidating. But jmho of course.

Funny you should say that. I watched the cashier the entire video expecting to seem something like that. Only because, as you say, lone cashier . imo he seemed completely unphased. I kind of expected him to keep an eye on TRayvon or follow him visually, but the only time he seemed to pay him any mind at all was when he anticipated that he was about to come to the register and check out. I found the cashier's reactions all unremarkable, which makes me think that Trayvon was not at all intimidating. But jmho of course.

But the hood covers his face completely from the side. You can't see it at all from the side.

Did he put something in his mouth after the transaction (but before he picked up his bag and walked away from the counter)? If so, I wonder what it was.

toward the beginning, he also had a verbal exchange with the clerk. Of course we'll never be able to tell what that was about from this tape. But I wonder if the clerk has given a statement or will be called as a witness.

I bet it goes a little something like this:
"That'll be $5.85" "Let me look ,I think I have the correct change" "Oh ok,thanks,bye" Doubt the clerk has anything of interest to say as a witness...

In the first camera view, watch the cashier. His eyes are literally glued to TM while TM's hands are in his pockets for all of that time. The cahsier does not move a muscle, and has both hands still, right on the counter. He looks very nervous, imo.

When you are alone at night in the store, and someone comes in wearing their hood up, you're on high alert. And I think the cashier was on high alert.
He was very focused on TM, totally watched him, without ever changing his gaze. And once TM started to leave the cashier walked fast in the other direction, towards the back. I think he was nervous about whether someone else was going to run in.

ETA: not only are the cashiers eyes glues to Trayvon while he is getting the change out of his pocket, but they are glued 100% to Trayvon's hands in his pocket, the entire time.

Did he put something in his mouth after the transaction (but before he picked up his bag and walked away from the counter)? If so, I wonder what it was.
Your right, he does. I have no idea what it was.

Ok, thinking of handedness, I asked myself what I use my left hand to do. And it's to hold things while I manipulate those things or others with my right hand. For example, when I need to open my wallet, I hold it in my left hand and open the zipper with my right. And, apropos to this situation, if I'm paying for something, I hold my change in my left hand and count it out and hand it to the clerk with my right. If I'm giong to take something out of the refrigerated section, I open the door with my left hand and take the item with my right. Trayvon holds his change with his right, counts it out with his left; grabs his purchase kind of with two hands, but holds it in his left, ultimately, and he opens the refrigerator door with his right hand and takes the tea with his left. Then he transfers the can to his left hand and takes the skittles with his right (that's the way he's holding them when he approaches the register).

Certainly not scientific, but I'm saying he's left-handed or at least ambidextrous. jmo

I saw that, too. But after watching it a couple of times, I couldn't say he wasn't just touching his mouth/nose. I'll have to watch again.

I bet it goes a little something like this:
"That'll be $5.85" "Let me look ,I think I have the correct change" "Oh ok,thanks,bye" Doubt the clerk has anything of interest to say as a witness...

Nope. The clerk gestures. It has nothing to do with the specific purchase.

In the first camera view, watch the cashier. His eyes are literally glued to TM while TM's hands are in his pockets for all of that time. The cahsier does not move a muscle, and has both hands still, right on the counter. He looks very nervous, imo.

When you are alone at night in the store, and someone comes in wearing their hood up, you're on high alert. And I think the cashier was on high alert.
He was very focused on TM, totally watched him, without ever changing his gaze. And once TM started to leave the cashier walked fast in the other direction, towards the back. I think he was nervous about whether someone else was going to run in.
I'll watch again tomorrow. I did not see that at all adn saw just the opposite. I noticed he turned his back on TRayvon for awhile as Trayvon made his selections in the store. I doubt he would do that if he were nervous or concerned. he did not seem to pay any attention to him at all -until Trayvon started to walk to the counter and the cashier signed in to the register seeing that Trayvon was going to check out. I was actually kind of surprised at how unphased the cashier was-because i think I would be nervous no matter who came in if I was working alone.

Poor Trayvon. Imagine just trying to go into 7-11 and buy some candy and sweet tea and being looked at like some kind of criminal? Then he gets stalked by GZ just for looking suspicious? Because he's wearing a flippin' hoodie? Yeah, no. I don't think THAT is the reason. If it IS the reason then I'd be more scared of the dude who walks in wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses which in Florida is MOST prevalent and hides a persons FACE more than just some hoodie.
What i see on the video is a kid buying tea and skittles. Like my son he's probably ALWAYS dropping stuff out of his pockets when he takes anything out of them so once he realized he lost something, he went back in to get it.
LOL.. all the comments about the cashier crack me up!! This is Sanford Florida! Not Suburbia. Perhaps a ski mask may have rattled the cashier.. but a hoodie? Laughable.

But the hood covers his face completely from the side. You can't see it at all from the side.
?? I am not understanding what this is in reference to as it relates to my post. sorry jjenny.

I have a question.. what are you all looking for and how does it fit with the murder? I'm really very curious how dissecting this video helps.
Thanks in advance...

Maybe the toggle from a hood string was in his way? Seems too dark to be a cigarette, but maybe a remnant of one of those skinny cigars the kids like nowadays? I can't make it out, but seems to be something somewhat cylindrical and not very long. Heck, could be nothing at all - maybe it's just the shadows in the video. My screen gets a little blurry when I try to pause it for a better look.

Nope. The clerk gestures. It has nothing to do with the specific purchase.

The only gesture he does is like touch his ear.Having cashiered myself I know how annoying it is when customers look for the correct change.To me the clerk looks relaxed just like hurry the hell up already and let's finish the transaction.

The only gesture he does is like touch his ear.Having cashiered myself I know how annoying it is when customers look for the correct change.To me the clerk looks relaxed just like hurry the hell up already and let's finish the transaction.

OmG so true! LOL.. Sometimes I just wanted to say "forget it".. I'll cover the 15 cents! LOL

watch it again, all the way through. He gestures with his right hand and says something.

eta: the best example of it is at ~4:40. Just before that, he looks up to listen to Trayvon for a few seconds then gestures with his right hand.

Maybe the toggle from a hood string was in his way? Seems too dark to be a cigarette, but maybe a remnant of one of those skinny cigars the kids like nowadays? I can't make it out, but seems to be something somewhat cylindrical and not very long. Heck, could be nothing at all - maybe it's just the shadows in the video. My screen gets a little blurry when I try to pause it for a better look.

So.. is this a veiled attempt at insinuating he had a spliff in his mouth at the counter of 7-11?
I'm confused and bewildered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member