Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
even the panic button on the car might distract a shooter for a second?
IDK, anything to draw attention for help..........
I keep my keys handy in case I fall when I am outside.........
someone hears my car go off.....ANNOYING!

That school's principal, counselor and several of it's teachers laid down their own lives to try and save their students. Suing them now is pathetic, imo. That school had various security drills they routinely ran, in preparation of emergencies like this. They had a locked front entrance and the office personnel met the intruder upon his intrusion. It is not like they were ignoring the assault. :mad:

As tragic as it is....cannot comprehend suing the school system...

My sister died in a single driver car accident (supposedly at faulty steering from the manufacturer)...

My Dad decided to just 'move on'....not worth the years of hassle and memories...

But 'defective known component' is relatively much simpler...

Please parents...sueing the school system will not help..

Lawyers: Go Away

Ambulance-chasing costs all of us dollars, this would cost parents years of heartbreaks...and only dollars in (certain) lawyer scum-pockets...

(Not that anyone might need a good lawyer now and then, but suing here...it's just bad)

Some gas stations do have them on their attendants. It wasn't around the neck, but on the waistband like a beeper. I also think it would be worth the effort. I wonder if it could set off some kind of silent alarm throughout the school to other teachers in order to get a faster response to lock downs? With all the technology we have today... it has to be possible.

You would think it could warn others or the entire staff if one teacher/person set it off. Pagers can do a "page all". Should be possible.

Has anyone read the recent National Enquirer article about AL? I can't believe we can't find any trace of AL online at all... nothing, nada, zip.

I personally don't waste my time reading the National Enquirer.
I don't think they are very accurate in the sensational stories they publish.

JMO

I personally don't waste my time reading the National Enquirer.
I don't think they are very accurate in the sensational stories they publish.

JMO

I used to think the same thing. My impression changed with the Laci Peterson case. The National Enquirer helped expose Amber in that case. They have deep pockets and often get information before any other media source. The National Enquirer does not publish reports about two-headed alien babies born to Tom Cruise... they typically have their facts straight, and have never been successfully sued as far as I know.

I used to think the same thing. My impression changed with the Laci Peterson case. The National Enquirer helped expose Amber in that case. They have deep pockets and often get information before any other media source. The National Enquirer does not publish reports about two-headed alien babies born to Tom Cruise... they typically have their facts straight, and have never been successfully sued as far as I know.

Because they don't name sources.
That's why they don't get sued.

Because they don't name sources.
That's why they don't get sued.

Just watch and listen over the next few years... that is what I did. Most of what they publish ends up being in MSM eventually... In any case, when the National Enquirer names specifics, I listen. In this case, they said one of the games AL liked most was something called "Dynasty Warriors". Anyone heard of it? I was hoping to find a character that I could merge into his own name and find an alias somewhere on the net. No luck so far....

And they have settled several cases out if court.
It's a rag. I'm not saying nothing is ever true, I'm saying you never can tell.
They pay their "sources" and run with it.

So sometimes their "sources" make up crap for a paycheck.

I don't trust them. I stay away from reading it.

To each their own.

But I prefer my news from more reputable sources.

But this is really off topic so ill move on.

Copyright reminder. If you post an article it ,It should be from MSM, include a link to the original article and no more than 10% copied here. Posts will be removed or edited that violate. Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

The only entity that should be sued for this massacre is already dead by his own hand.

IMO, anyone who files a suit against any other party is just plain ol' greedy. I cannot, after long thinking, imagine any other reason than greed. I don't care if the party was approached by an attorney or not. Either way ~ it just still boils down to pure personal greed . . . and to think it is a family of a survivor that is suing? OMGosh! What? Then if they collect anything they should give all the money they collected to all of the families that lost their babies!

The people who are suing lost nothing compared to the families of those who lost their children. Right?

It is very sad that these people don't realize that they should be giving emotional and financial support to the mourning families rather than expecting a gain in it for themselves.

What the heck is wrong with our society now?

I like the idea, but I like the idea of a teacher having a "panic button" of sorts more than giving them out to children. Only because children can be little pranksters and you'd have schools all over the country surrounded by SWAT teams. One dare to hit the switch would be enough for a child to press the button. Or a Senior prank. A panic button, like they have in gas stations, would be ideal for teachers though. Let's get it done!

For example, ADT Home Security Systems has an alert going to directly to the ADT offices and the local police station when someone's home is broken into

From what I've read 911 calls had to be made by the school faculty...and the CT LE were not alerted by the school's alarm system piped into LE stations

When Lanza blasted out the school door windowns, DID this set off an alert to CT LE?

If NOT, this needs to corrected ASAP

This is wrong on so many levels. No doubt the little one is traumatized, but Newtown has brought in counselors for all students/staff of Sandy Hook Elementary School. Use them!

It has been 2 days over 2 weeks since this tragedy occurred. 52 parents buried their children less than 2 weeks ago! And they have the nerve!?! Staff and teachers DIED trying to save lives and by many accounts, they saved many... including this Jill Doe's. And they have the nerve to say they didn't do enough? Why not spit on their graves? Or slap their parents in the face? I cannot believe the parents, of a child who survived, could be nothing but thankful. And to have the mindframe to even go to a lawyer?? Yeah, their motivations are to make the world a safer place... PLEASE!! It's disgusting and if it were not for the innocent child, I would ask them to be publicly shamed in front of all the families of those who did die.

MOO

:yourock::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

the only entity that should be sued for this massacre is already dead by his own hand.

Imo, anyone who files a suit against any other party is just plain ol' greedy. I cannot, after long thinking, imagine any other reason than greed. I don't care if the party was approached by an attorney or not. Either way ~ it just still boils down to pure personal greed . . . And to think it is a family of a survivor that is suing? Omgosh! What? Then if they collect anything they should give all the money they collected to all of the families that lost their babies!

The people who are suing lost nothing compared to the families of those who lost their children. Right?

It is very sad that these people don't realize that they should be giving emotional and financial support to the mourning families rather than expecting a gain in it for themselves.

greed is a monster ggggrrrr!!!!!

Just watch and listen over the next few years... that is what I did. Most of what they publish ends up being in MSM eventually... In any case, when the National Enquirer names specifics, I listen. In this case, they said one of the games AL liked most was something called "Dynasty Warriors". Anyone heard of it? I was hoping to find a character that I could merge into his own name and find an alias somewhere on the net. No luck so far....

MAYBE? you can look under violent games

MAYBE? you can look under violent games

I have looked under all kinds of things. If my computer is ever the source of any sort of investigation, the investigators will go NUTS!!! I can't talk about my "search" terms to anyone!!!! :)

I would love those suing to look in the face of Emilie Parker's dad and explain to HIM their reasons for suing. I imagine he would have some pretty profound things to say about that!

As tragic as it is....cannot comprehend suing the school system...

My sister died in a single driver car accident (supposedly at faulty steering from the manufacturer)...

My Dad decided to just 'move on'....not worth the years of hassle and memories...

But 'defective known component' is relatively much simpler...

Please parents...sueing the school system will not help..

Lawyers: Go Away

Ambulance-chasing costs all of us dollars, this would cost parents years of heartbreaks...and only dollars in (certain) lawyer scum-pockets...

(Not that anyone might need a good lawyer now and then, but suing here...it's just bad)

I am very sorry about your sister and can understand why your father did not pursue a lawsuit.In a case of a defective part on a vehicle one purpose is to make the issue known and to force the manufacturers fix the defect so others would not die.Some times the only way to get something changed is to sue.As far as the parents I can only imagine the shock they are in because their precious daughter came so close to death.Their daughter is only alive because she knew to stay still and play dead.\,had she not known to do that she would have died.IMO If it is true that some teachers doors did not lock or they did not have a key then yes it most certainly is the school systems fault.The teachers who died are all hero's but if the school system failed any of the students and the teachers because of unlock able doors then we will see many more suits and JMO they would have merit.

The only entity that should be sued for this massacre is already dead by his own hand.

IMO, anyone who files a suit against any other party is just plain ol' greedy. I cannot, after long thinking, imagine any other reason than greed. I don't care if the party was approached by an attorney or not. Either way ~ it just still boils down to pure personal greed . . . and to think it is a family of a survivor that is suing? OMGosh! What? Then if they collect anything they should give all the money they collected to all of the families that lost their babies!

She only survived because she played dead.Even with therapy that little girl will never be the same child she was earlier that morning,neither will her parents ever feel the same as well.It is too early to tell but IMO all the parents or most will sue once the shock wears away especially if it is true some teachers were not given a key to lock their door in a emergency just because they were new teachers or for whatever reasons.If God forbid I was one of those parents and my child died because they did not give the teacher a key I would want to go after them as well.They had just put in security measures why would they leave students and teachers sitting ducks by not being able to do a lock down?Seems like an epic failure to me if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88