GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you must know there are various degrees of intoxication. He was probably functionally drunk. The alcohol affected his rage.
Not to derail the thread, but what is functionally drunk? Alcohol may help fuel rage but I don't think it help aiming a gun and hitting a target multiple times. Dunn looks like he has a low emotional content to me.

Looks like we are on Verdict Watch.

Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 51s
Alternate jurors are 13 - 16. Gathering stuff from jury room, coming out for more instructions. #dunntrial pic.twitter.com/65Ave32IhN

BgTfgosIYAIS2mO.jpg:large

is there a way to get an email or text when verdict is in?

I am not convinced that someone fat, slow and intoxicated can hit a moving SUV 9 or 10 times. Drunks can't even walk a line straight let alone hit a moving target.
Corey is doing an excellent job on the closing.
Clearly, the jury saw the "kids" up front and personal and know they are not "boys". I doubt they will appreciate the state characterizing the young men that way.

I sincerely doubt they will care that much. I'm sure they're more focused on the evidence. It seems you are far more preoccupied with pedantry than the evidence. Did you watch the trial?

ETA: besides, they looked like kids to me. Especially Leland, who held his dying friend in his arms.

Not to derail the thread, but what is functionally drunk? Alcohol may help fuel rage but not aim when firing a gun. IMO

Won't get into a discussion on this, but I am sure you have heard of functional alcoholics.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
Technically, we're not QUITE on verdict watch for #DunnTrial yet, but we're as close as you get. Jury choosing foreperson, then it's on!

ISn't it weird to release Alternates before They are done deliberating??? What if one of them get sick?

You think they are going to really get into it today? IT is nearly 5 pm

No, that's why I was asking if you were counting today as Day 1. If tomorrow is counted as Day 1 and Friday as Day 2, I'd say verdict Friday.

anyone know if judge will allow the jury to remain into the night?

I believe the way the law, or the way the jury instructions are worded need to be changed.
I know nobody here agrees, but I believe MD could be declared not guilty the way the law reads.
The "no retreat necessary" clause gives the jurors zero concrete evidence as to the thoughts (no action) of the defendant.

Someone here mentioned how "civil" the discussions are on this thread. That is pretty easy to do when everyone agrees. I have been reluctant to voice my opinion, because I know how nasty it can be when 99% of the thread believes one way.
I wish that weren't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member