Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1470DFON

EBain.jpg
EBain1.jpg
EBain2.jpg
EBain3.jpg

Elizabeth Marie Bain
Missing since June 19, 1990 from Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: July 11, 1967
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 108 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian/White/Hispanic female. Brown shoulder-length hair with bangs; brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bain disappeared in June 1990 and hasn't been seen since.
Her car was found three days later, with blood on the floor.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Toronto Police
416-808-2222
NCIC Number: Not Entered
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
CBC News

http://www.doenetwork.org/

Thread #1

Woodland:
We dug this past Sunday. Could only do a small area manually, of the total area that should be done. Didn't find anything but if we are off by even a foot its very easy to miss.
Good news is we were able to get the attention of the CBC/Fifth Estate and had a guy there filming for close to 5hrs.
They are interested in doing a story and we are also hoping with their interest LE may take it more seriously or possibly with the cbc's influence we can get permission from the city to use a backhoe and do it properly if LE is still not interested.

We are trying so hard to get a story out there, in hopes of it garnering new leads and renewed interest in finding Elizabeth Bain.
Hopefully also if the globe and mail get wind of the cbc's interest they will re-think their decision last month to pull the article on the story only a few hours before printing due to what we understand came after a discussion between the editor and LE.
Will keep everyone updated.

JohnPaul post #1071, page 72, thread #1 -

i have no memory of this whatsoever,

i do not recall the patio stone parking area ever changing, i also do not recall it ever being paved, unless this was done many years later after i lost contact,

i also do not recall mrs B doing any digging or patio stone work at that time,

i was a very smart kid and im sure i would have noticed this as being somewhat of a red flag, or odd

also, the son (adopted by the bains) who i was friends with PB did 90% of the choirs around the house and yard, mr B was very strict with making sure he did his choirs, i am sure if mrs B was doing a project like this, he would have been helping out, and to my knowledge and memory he was not,

their front yard and house were very close to the street, the bains had a HUGE BACK YARD with a lot of pivacy, i would estimate about 200-300 feet long, and maybe 60-80 feet wide, lots of trees, so it would not make any sense to me to be digging in the front yard

All accounts regarding EB's disappearance revolve around Mrs B laying patio stones, beginning 19 June 1990 in the am. Mrs B said she had started the job in the am.

After RB had noticed EB's car at the campus early evening, with no sign of her for a couple of hours, he went to the B residence and by his account, Mrs B had a rake in hand, it was dark or quite dark and she was working on the patio stone area - alone.

It was Tuesday when she started and continued to work on it, wanting it done by Wed afternoon - her account. Mrs B reported EB missing Wednesday early am.

From previous discussion and or the book, RB's account is, he was sitting with the B family on Thursday evening when Mrs B wanted everyone to help her finish laying the stones.

Maybe JohnPaul, you did not go there between Tues and Thurs? Maybe Friday? Her car was found Fri or later.

JohnPaul post #1073, page 72, thread #1 -

i put it in bold above,

are you trying to say Mr B was trying to put doubt into NS mind, so she would believe MB stayed over that night?

if that is what you are implying then i can relate to this,

i now recall MR B calling me a few times to ask me questions, after i gave the honest answers that i knew for fact were true, he tried to make me believe my answers were not correct,

Was trying to determine the accuracy of Mr B doing just that - and wondering why. If you recall this as well, now I'm really wondering.

Do you have any recollection of what specifically Mr B was trying to place doubt with you? Something you saw/heard? Something you knew at the time?

woodland,

as i said previously it is very difficult to remember specific details,

until i joined this site only a few weeks ago, i have not really followed this case at all or read much about it in probably 20 years,

i have spent many hours now reading the posts in this entire thread, and when i read certain things, it kind of jogs my memory and i can then recall certain details, like these phone calls,

i still have not read the entire thread, maybe 75%,

MR B called me himself many times after the disappearance, or sometimes when i was on the phone talking to my friend PB, MR B would ask to talk to me, im not sure if its because he might have over heard PB and i talking about the case or not?.....if my memory is correct i think there was one time when i was talking to PB on the phone and MR B picked up another phone in the house and asked us what we were talking about....he never did this before and never talked to me on the phone before the disappearance,

i can not recall the specific questions, it was probably to do with the timing of those days, and what PB and i were doing because we pretty much saw each other and hung out together every day, i was most likely at the house on the 19th, and i know for a fact i was at the house on the 20th in the morning because i remember PB telling me "his sister did not come home last night" as we were sitting on the porch, which we did very often, i might have been picking him up to go to school that morning which i did very often,

i can recall after i answered certain questions on the phone with MR B, he would say "are you sure", and then he would try to put doubt in my mind about my answer, when i know for a fact i was definitely correct and being honest,it was like he would not believe me,

example......

MR B - what time did you and PB leave the house on the 19th

me - we left at 8:00pm

MR B - are you sure it was 8:00pm and not earlier?

me - no, i am positive it was 8:00pm because of yada yada yada (insert another event here)

MR B- i think you probably left earlier then 8:00pm, maybe you can not remember

this is just a random made up conversation as an example, and not facts

Thank-you JohnPaul very much.

Specifics would be next to impossible to recall at this point, impressions can and do linger. You are giving the same account as others on this point.

My question about that behavior is, how was that going to find EB?

My question about that behavior is, how was that going to find EB?

Well, i think that would depend on the subject and circumstances around what Mr. B was trying to put doubt into johnpaul's mind about, whether it is relevant to finding EB or not.
It could very well be crucial in finding her.

It wasn't just JohnPaul who Mr B was busy trying to put doubt in the mind of. There is also the matter (among other matters) of where older brother M spent the night of 19 June 1990. According to the B family, he spent the night at his gf's house - according to the gf he didn't. Mr B, who was in Florida, but showed up on the 20th, insisted M spent the night at gf's house.

RB had tried to call the B house until very late into the evening - the line was busy. Mr B gave some nonsense about 'interference' with the phone line as the reason for the busy signal.

I know where I'd like to take a backhoe to.

Trying to read between blurry lines, but is there a suggestion here that EB's killer and body, might be closer to home than some might think? imo, speculation.

Yes, I speculate that, based on behavior and some events.

Yes, I speculate that, based on behavior and some events.

i have a very open mind and i would consider all possibilities, however, if what you are speculating is true i would have a very difficult, or next to impossible time believing it, considering how many people (including LE) were in and out of the B household in the following days and weeks and months.....surely somebody would have seen something....including myself

I get that JohnPaul - initially I thought the digging for new patio stones would have stood out like a sore thumb. But you advised such an area already existed. So Mrs B was only adding to such an area - now imo it would not have stood out so much but rather blended in - and it was completed in 2 days.

Not much to see? You don't remember seeing it - yet everyone else says it was there. For 2 days.

i have a very open mind and i would consider all possibilities, however, if what you are speculating is true i would have a very difficult, or next to impossible time believing it, considering how many people (including LE) were in and out of the B household in the following days and weeks and months.....surely somebody would have seen something....including myself

Johnpaul
Do you remember if there was boat parked at the B property anytime just prior to the 19th, and/or on the 19th and/or in the few days after the 19th.

Thank you

Johnpaul
Do you remember if there was boat parked at the B property anytime just prior to the 19th, and/or on the 19th and/or in the few days after the 19th.

Thank you

oddly enough, and as strange as this may seem, this is something that i do remember 100%.....i definitely remember brother MB purchased a boat in the weeks prior to the disappearance, and seeing it in the driveway at the B household.....however, where that boat was at the time of the disappearance or after the disappearance i can not say for sure, i can not remember.....i remember it being there before the disappearance though

On page 56, beginning at post 836, there is discussion about MB's whereabouts the night of 19 June and where his vehicle was. Sources are the book NCTM and trial testimony.

MB's gf NS, said he got to her house around 8:30 pm and left about 10:00 pm
Mrs B said he got home about 6:00 am on the 20th and went to work
RB said he saw MB's vehicle in Bain driveway about 9:15 pm, but not MB. Mrs B was outside alone
RB had just left where he had seen EB's car in a campus parking lot

Seems it was never really determined where he was and what he did.

Using the boat as a scenario for disposing of EB's body, how easy or difficult would it have been to launch and take the boat out of a body of water in the dark? Seems one would use a secluded spot for this, but then would not have headlights to illuminate the ramp and water. Wouldn't a nurse know that weighing a body down in water is not permanent? Risky or not risky in a fairly large body of water?

If it is too dark to take a boat out on water, one could possibly secure/hide a body underneath the boat until opportunity and light improves. imo, speculation.

Seems we need more info on the boat. What type of boat? Was it on a trailer?

Woodland said:
Wouldn't a nurse know that weighing a body in water is not permanent? Risky or not risky in a fairly large body of water?

Not following on the "nurse" scenario. If you are speculating that Mrs B had anything to do with or any knowledge of Ebs' disappearance and wherabouts, I'm sorry but there is absolutely no evidence or suspicion or anything to point to that.
I vaguely recall an article a few years ago stating that Mrs B still walks around the neighborhood wondering where her daughter is.
As for finishing the patio stone project or whatever project is was, it may seem odd to us, but we have no idea one handles this kind of situation.
I believe she had asked all those at the house at that time, and if I'm not mistaken that included Rb. So it doesn't make sense that she or anyone would put EB there and then asked several ppl to help finish up without any worry of someone finding something.
As for the boat scenario, I believe Mbs boat may have been docked up on lake scugog area.
He testified that his boat was "moored at the house" at the time of the disappearance but I have yet to find anyone to confirm this.
Again, as for Mrs B, I don't believe for a second she had and knowledge or involvement in this, and I have an open mind that is beyond open.
Jmo based on evidence and research.

For anyone wanting to entertain the idea of MB responsible for what happened to EB, then one has to logically include Mrs B with knowledge - she was home that day by her own account. Jmo.

What's with Mr B correcting more than one person, more than one time, what their recollection of events were around 19 June?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back