Jason Young to get new trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they compare the blood on the shoe to the other DNA found at the scene?

I'm not sure about that. I just know that they entered the profile in CODIS and there wasn't a match. I have wondered about the unidentified DNA in this case -- if anyone ever compared the profiles to see if they matched each other to indicate the same person touched all of the items --- jewelry box, medicine dropper, shoe from JY's closet (blood drop).

This shoe was obtained in 2009, years later, in Brevard. It was not "from his closet" of the home in which the 2006 murder was committed.

That didn't stop them from years later looking for a shirt and a pair of shoes,,,I could never convict someone on something that they did not have as opposed to something that they did have that was linked directly to a crime.

I'm not sure about that. I just know that they entered the profile in CODIS and there wasn't a match. I have wondered about the unidentified DNA in this case -- if anyone ever compared the profiles to see if they matched each other to indicate the same person touched all of the items --- jewelry box, medicine dropper, shoe from JY's closet (blood drop).

well they should run it again. This crime was eight years ago. It was so heinous, I think the possibility the killer would re-offend would be very high.

The date was April 16, 2014 that the attorney general officially petitioned the NC Supreme Court to review Young appeal.

I think so much time had gone by and they still had no evidence so they kept looking. As I said in the previous thread -- if it had been Jason's blood found on a shoe, that would have been major CE used to show evidence of guilt but since it was from an unidentified source, it wasn't mentioned at all. The ADA seemed irritated when the Defense brought it up.

I doubt they were looking for Jason's blood. They were looking for MY's blood. It didn't pan out and they moved forward.

That's just it. It is believed that it WAS in his closet in '06 and when his stuff was moved out, it was transferred to a storage shed in Brevard and that's when investigators looked at the items.

Perhaps the blood was from the man he rescued or found on the scene of an accident in Brevard? The reason that he looked for head injuries on his computer? Reportedly he was very upset about that.

I doubt they were looking for Jason's blood. They were looking for MY's blood. It didn't pan out and they moved forward.

How would finding MY's blood in JY's closet have helped them solve the case?

This shoe was obtained in 2009, years later, in Brevard. It was not "from his closet" of the home in which the 2006 murder was committed.

Yes, it was from Brevard because all of his belongings were transferred to a storage unit there so the shoes were in the home at the time of the murder.

Perhaps the blood was from the man he rescued or found on the scene of an accident in Brevard? The reason that he looked for head injuries on his computer? Reportedly he was very upset about that.

Yes, I imagine most caring people would be upset about seeing a serious injury like that.

@ 17:20, Spivey is questioned about his conclusion that the child was likely carried to the bathroom from the master BR due to the minimal amount of blood in the hallway. He saw it firsthand. I think we must trust it as fact that there was not a trail of bloody footprints, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it in the search warrant.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10768400/

Yes, it was from Brevard because all of his belongings were transferred to a storage unit there so the shoes were in the home at the time of the murder.

Shoes from his closet at the time of the murder. They weren't looking for his blood. They were looking for MY's blood.

Yes, I imagine most caring people would be upset about seeing a serious injury like that.

And we know he was caring how? Was he so caring when he angrily emailed his wife about babysitting CY? He wanted to mow the lawn but CY as he stated 'pissed on the floor'? MY was at work.

And, he was. Evidence showed that not only did he email his ex girlfriend Genevieve,
about finding the man in the accident, he told Michelle and Mchelle told Shelly..........

I have to admit this is the first time I am hearing this since you posted it.

How did I miss this?????????

It was on his shoes right? Why would they be looking for his blood? What am I missing?

The killer likely sustained some injuries in the fight. I believe they checked the carpeting and blood from the crime scene to see if someone else bled at the scene.

I have to admit this is the first time I am hearing this since you posted it.

How did I miss this?????????

It's easy to miss things because there is just so much testimony. You really have to go back through it to really catch everything. It is very time consuming.

Shoes were found in a storage unit in Brevard 3 years later and hundreds of miles from Birchleaf. No one knows of the shoes whereabouts for the preceding years. No one can accurately say they were ever even at Birchleaf..

:seeya:

Shoes were found in a storage unit in Brevard 3 years later and hundreds of miles from Birchleaf. No one knows of the shoes whereabouts for the preceding years. No one can accurately say they were ever even at Birchleaf..

The items in the unit were from the Birchleaf house and that is the only reason police would have tested the items. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie