GMH Timeline with Discussion and Theories

Greetings, first time poster. I've been keeping up with GMH since ME was abducted and believe that he is responsible for many many unsolved cases and missing persons - just so you know my bottom line. The purpose of my post today is an inquiry - related to the vehicle tag on the van he was driving when arrested in Atlanta area in Jan 2008. Do any of you fellow sluths know whether the tag was identified as to it's owner?
The couple that saw GMH unloading the van called 911; the entire 911 call tape was released to the media. During the call, the male was describing the van and said it had a North Carolina tag. Does anyone know whether GMH had a legit NC tag or whether the tag was stolen and if so to whom it belonged?

Welcome to Websleuths, JustyThoughts! :Welcome-12-june:

Hilton stole the NC plates he had on the van from an innocent woman..

Hilton said he took his captive hiking that next to last day. After that, around 4:30 pm he went to the Huddle House looking for a phone to use. He had no qualms about sitting inside yakking loudly for 20 minutes. His van was parked at a far corner, out of site but this is a man who said he didn't want to fill his gas tank up because a car was parked at the other side of the island. How are we to interpret the time he spent sitting in a booth at the Huddle House if Meredith Emerson was out in the van? He wasn't worried about keeping an eye on the van then was he? Could he see the van from his vantage point?

He was very public. There are comments that describe how he was always camped where he didn't have any business. How do you reconcile the very private and secretive acts like that discovery of camping gear with being parked on public land or a private hunt club and being checked out by the law over and over and simply chased off?

I think if a person was to sit down and make a list of all the reported encounters with Hilton it wouldn't amount to a long list with all that much real information. There were many grizzled hikers. Some had dogs. Some did not. Some had big knives on their belts. Some had guns they flashed from their waist. I am talking about both the people reported to be Hilton and those making the report.

Where did Hilton say he took his captive hiking the next to the last day?
Thanks.

Where did Hilton say he took his captive hiking the next to the last day?
Thanks.

If the question is the source for this statement, it is in the transcript of his confession beginning before line 67 where he describes how he and Meredith Emerson spent that day. This is also included in the timeline provided by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. If it's the geographical location of where they where, we have to rely on the same sources.

"THE NEXT DAY. WE TOOK BOTH DOGS AND WENT
HIKING ALONG, ALONG SHOAL CREEK.

"SHE WAS NOT HAVING A BAD TIME AT ALL AND ENJOYING HERSELF ON
THE HIKE. I COULD TELL THAT.
CB: UH HUH.
GMH: COMMENTING HOW BEAUTIFUL IT WAS WE HIKED FOR SEVERAL
HOURS
CB: OKAY.
GMH: ALONG SHOAL CREEK. PART OF IT WAS ON AN EQUESTRIAN TRAIL
AND PART OF IT WAS CROSS COUNTRY.

GMH: AND UH, WE HIKED UH, FOR SEVERAL HOURS THAT DAY. WITH THE
DOGS. THE DOGS WERE LOOSE, SHE WAS LOOSE . . .

CB: THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE THIRD. THE SECOND WAS THE DAY
YOU WERE IN CANTON. AND . . .
GMH: THEN THE THIRD . . .
CB: YOU WENT HIKING FOR SEVERAL HOURS

GMH: I SAID WE'LL GO HIKING. THAT'S WHY WE SPENT TWO NIGHTS
THERE.
GMH: OKAY. I SAID WE'LL GO HIKING AND THEN WE'LL . . .
SS: I'M SORRY. THEY WANT TO ASK A QUESTION . . .

GMH: AND SO WE WENT HIKING THAT DAY. AND THEN WE HEADED
OSTENSIBLY TO GET SOME MONEY FROM MY FRIEND.
GMH: I STOPPED AT THAT CAR, THAT, THAT PHONE IN A HUDDLE HOUSE
OR WAFFLE HOUSE . . ."

Hilton/Emerson hiked the trails at Dawson Forest. 1/03/08 per Hiton's interview. They had camped off Highway 9 the night before.

Another collection of Hilton's case files has been released, heavily redacted and still failing to name witnesses or identify specific items of evidence. Surveillance tapes from the neighboring businesses were gathered up and requests made to NASA to enhance those from the CVS on 12/3.

from the Democrat,

Authorities subpoenaed Dunlap's cell-phone records, home phone and Ameris Bank records. They also searched Dunlap's Yahoo! e-mail account.

In Hilton's case, investigators checked his credit report.

Interesting information like oral swabs of the wrecker driver who transported Dunlap's car were taken.

Two items seized from Dunlap's 2006 white Toyota Camry were redacted; however, Dunlap's purse and keys were found in the car. And the Wakulla County Sheriff's Office found two jars of cash in the car. Though the cover page for the Medical Examiner's Report was in the documents, the actual report was not released.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/64333542.html
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...010/NEWS01/Hilton+case+files+heavily+redacted

For those interested in Hilton's movements around 1/1/08 these dates are from the GBI timeline documenting when Hilton was witnessed at various places either by people or cameras:

12/31/07 3:15 - 3:45pm Eyewitness NL sees Hilton at trail head of Byron Herbert Reese Memorial Trail

6 - 7 pm Hilton photographed at trail head

1/01/08 1 pm Hilton spotted in parking lot and on the trail
by 4:40 items found on the trail had been turned in to Neals Gap store.

7:05 - 7:19pm bank in Blairsville
9:00 - 10:00pm bank in Gainsville

1/02/08 1:15 pm eyewitnessed by JC at campsite at Shoal Creek Road, Dawson Forest
8:02pm Regions Bank Canton

1/03/08 4:30pm Hilton in Jasper at Foothills Chevron
4:35pm Weavers Store in Marble Hill to call boss
4:40pm Huddle House called boss

1/04/08 10:15 am MA sees Hilton on Shoal Creek Road at Shoal Creek in Dawson Forest WMA (Dawson incident report)

1/04/08 12:30pm JT sees Hilton on Shoal Creek Road in Dawson Forest WMA

1/04/08 1:12 pm Motor Vehicle Query Lic 766 XPZ DeKalb County PD

1/0408 3 pm SC sees him at the QT in Cumming

1/04/08 4:30pm SS sees him on payphone at QT

1/04/08 4:41 pm Hilton calls friend Shawn from payphone at QT

1/04/08 8:00pm arrested in Chamblee

1/07/08 MVQ White Co on tags 766XPZ

There are some big gaps of time between some of this activity. I would like to know more about the MVQ on 1/04. That was hours before his activity in town. That MVQ on 1/07 also makes me ask what that could be about? He was already locked up.

Leslie Beebe was missing for eight days before she was found in her car. Found less than 6 miles from where GMH lived at his bosses place of work when Leslie was murdered. Odd that Leslie went missing in Roswell, GA and was found so close to where GMH lived at the time? GMH could have walked or biked that far. Could GMH have killed Leslie Beebe?

I did find something online about Leslie's death:

"Fulton County police kept a tight lid Thursday on information about the investigation of what they call the "suspicious death" of a Roswell nurse.

The body of Leslie Beebe, 26, was found slumped down in her car Tuesday morning, a week after she was last seen leaving an Alpharetta sports bar.
Police will not say whether they are searching for a killer or suspect foul play. An autopsy Wednesday revealed "no obvious manner or means" of death, said Capt. Cal Latham.

Latham said homicide detectives want to know more about Beebe's whereabouts during the week and whether she ingested something that could have caused death."

http://findcarrie.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=crimes&action=print&num=1103743000

(you have to scroll down a bit to find the article) titled:
Police say little in death of Roswell nurse

It does seem to fit Hilton's M.O. of getting grossly "personal" with his murdering, however you never know..anything is possible. It should definitely be looked at, at the very least to rule it out, imo.

GMH was known to have two white vans at different times. When did GMH obtain the second white van? When did the white van before that break down?

Beebe worked closer to Atlanta, left work and went N to Roswell close to her home. Why would she travel South again close to Atlanta? Her killer had to live close to where she was found. IMO

Patrice Endres went missing April 2004.
Leslie Beebe went missing December 2004.

Where was GMH during this time?

Both women went missing from areas that are between where GMH lived in the forest and his bosses business.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/y9wm4we

A: Lake Russell, GA (Hilton camped here)
B: Cumming, GA (Patrice Endres)
C: Leslie Beebe last seen here
D: Forestwood Dr, Sandy Springs, GA (Beebe found here)
E: Chamblee, GA (Hilton lived here at his bosses place of business)
F: Beebe worked here

Leslie Beebe left work (F on map) and was last seen at the Derby sports Bar in Alpharetta (C on map), her car and body were found in Sandy Springs (D on map).

So Beebe drove from the Atlanta area N to Alpharetta where she disappeared but her and her car were found in Sandy Springs. This means either she drove or someone else drove her car back to Sandy Springs. She was almost home when she stopped at her usual hang out at the Derby. Why drive all the way back to the Atlanta area where she worked? Could she have been forced to drive there or was her car driven by someone else and her body left there? I find this plausible.

Gary Hilton lived at his boss' place of business in Chamblee less than 6 miles from where Beebe and her car were found.

I found it odd that Patrice Endres went missing in Cumming which is on the way from Hilton's camp at Lake Russell (G on map) to where Hilton lived at his bosses house in Chamblee.

The same can be said for the place Beebe disappeared from. It is also on the way from Hiltons camp to his bosses house where Hilton lived off and on.

I have seen it suggested that because of the length of time between kidnap and death, and the ages and description of some of the victims that Hilton could possibly have been selling some of his victims and then disposing of them. I met a man who went to High School with Hilton and is without doubt a Hilton Wannabe. He worships Hilton and carries crime scene photos around with him. He, for a time, until authorities had it shut down, posted a website in honor of Hilton. He's a definite Psycopath. He lives in Marble Hill where Hilton was seen just before Merdith's death.

This begs the question: How many others could there be?

I have seen it suggested that because of the length of time between kidnap and death, and the ages and description of some of the victims that Hilton could possibly have been selling some of his victims and then disposing of them. I met a man who went to High School with Hilton and is without doubt a Hilton Wannabe. He worships Hilton and carries crime scene photos around with him. He, for a time, until authorities had it shut down, posted a website in honor of Hilton. He's a definite Psycopath. He lives in Marble Hill where Hilton was seen just before Merdith's death.

Ranger, can you clarify your comment or be more specific? Where did Gary Hilton attend High School?

If Hilton did camp in Dawsonville, they way some say he did, then he was camping even closer to where Leslie disappeared than what I have posted on the map above.

Map Dawsonville, GA: http://tinyurl.com/ylsdagq

If Hilton did camp in Dawsonville, they way some say he did, then he was camping even closer to where Leslie disappeared than what I have posted on the map above.

Map Dawsonville, GA: http://tinyurl.com/ylsdagq

Google Afton or Afton Road 30534 or 30148. GMH was all over this area for decades. Also NimbleWill Campground/ Chattahoochee Nat Forest off HWY 52 East of Amichalola Falls.

Ranger, interesting speculation, cept Gary Hilton dropped out of School at the age of 14 years old.

Irony: His dog before Dandy was 'Ranger".

Google Afton or Afton Road 30534 or 30148. GMH was all over this area for decades. Also NimbleWill Campground/ Chattahoochee Nat Forest off HWY 52 East of Amichalola Falls.
Thank you, truly. If you don't mind, are there LE reports or depositions etc, something with teeth I can cite that is verifiable, that I can quote as evidence that he was indeed known to live or frequent these areas? Any help you can provide is so truly appreciated. There are many areas that have been identified online as speculation that GMH camped/lived/hiked at but I am having trouble with being able to cite credibly.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am ever so thankful for the information, please believe that.

Is there any way possible you could share why you believe these areas are of importance? (Yes, I mapped them and thank you again, honestly.)

Thank you, truly. If you don't mind, are there LE reports or depositions etc, something with teeth I can cite that is verifiable, that I can quote as evidence that he was indeed known to live or frequent these areas? Any help you can provide is so truly appreciated. There are many areas that have been identified online as speculation that GMH camped/lived/hiked at but I am having trouble with being able to cite credibly.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am ever so thankful for the information, please believe that.

Is there any way possible you could share why you believe these areas are of importance? (Yes, I mapped them and thank you again, honestly.)
httpglennindawson.blogspot.com

Steve Watson, a local businessman: Watson's Paving Co; Dawsonville, GA, eyewitnessed him standing in front of the Densmore Abandoned Farm House located at Afton Rd. & the Amicacola River at 9:30 AM on 01/04/08, standing like a statue in front of the house. Meredith Hope Emerson, had made her last valiant attempt to escape in the shed by the Farm House.

I personally saw GMH's van in the Mathis Field hidden in the treeline at 06:30 on 01/03/08, right after the 5PM phone by GMH to John Tabor from the Marble Hill Huddle House.

GMH, was also eyewitnessed by Steve Moranas owner of the local Insurance Agency, in the Wildcat Tract Dawson Forest WMA Campsite on many occasions. he said that it was strange at the number of sleeping bags on his clotheline.
Dawsonville Park Officials encountered him on the Amicacola River at Lindsay Ford: 6 mile putin, on numerous occasions.

RE: LE Reports: After locating GMHs underground garbage pile consisting of ladies clothes, hairbow, backpack, childrens clothes, multiple liquor bottles(no two brands the same) suspenders, etc.(John Bryant always wore red suspenders when hiking) LE was contacted, but wrote off the discovery. Said that GMH had only abducted two women for their charge cards and that I needed therapy. They never removed the k9 from the car, returned to service and left the clothes on the ground. After they left I walked 40 yards into the woods and found a pair of ladies pants that had been jerked off, was inside out and still had the panties attached...
On 01/06/08, I contacted the Union County Tip Ctr., after locating personal belongings of Meredith Hope Emerson and GMHs inside the Densmore House. I was informed that the search team was only a couple miles downstream from me at Sweetwatert Juno. The GBI, DNR & other Agencies responded with K9s.
I weas informed by a GBI SA, that they came back and removed a truckload of evidence from the Densmore FarmHouse Property.
If you are relying on LE for info, you may as well give up. JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back