CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Because it's a huge gap between July 13 to October 5. I wonder if there are others, or I wonder if something happened to trigger him escalating. Job loss? Divorce?

Is there a way we can open a thread to discuss these links without distracting from the current threads? I don't really want to post on all three threads finding similarities, is there somewhere we can discuss this without interrupting the current search for Jessica?

I "reported" on your post to ask mods if this might be a possibility. I think it's a great idea!

I agree with you but if the same person took Lyric, Elizabeth, Jessica and then Katelynn last night, he either escalated very quickly between the last 2 or we need to be reexamining other cases of young girls that have disappeared between L&E going missing and Jessica being taken on Friday.

The close timing actually makes me think it is probably not the same person who took Katelynn and Jessica, but that the person who took Katelynn may have been spurred on by the news and constant flashing of Jessica's picture, etc.

I would think that, whether one is a repeat offender or a someone who has just been thinking about it for awhile, all of the media speculation and images could be a prompt or a...what do you call it?...trigger?

Does that make any sense?

Your comment reminds me of the Joanna Yeates case in Bristol. Her body was found on a rural road that seemed to have no connection to anything, but she was killed elsewhere. It seemed that the perp had taken her there to distance himself from the crime. As it turned out, the murderer was her neighbor - living on the other side of the wall in their apartment building. Karen Swift is another example of the perp taking the evidence and spreading it in various locations away from the last place she was seen (home).

I think you're right in that the backpack was placed in a location that is meant to lead investigators away from the real evidence. One thing that I've noticed during map searches is that in the district where Jessica was abducted, property values are in the $150-200k range, but the backpack was left a district where property values are in the $350-400 range. I'm wondering how that factors into everything. Not only is the backpack left 6 miles away, but also in an area where standard of living is quite different - what would that suggest about the perp?

I am so totally not an expert and I have absolutely no insight into the first answer that popped into my mind but here goes...

For whatever reason, I think it indicates that the perp has a blue collar job and feels ill done by either rich people (from his point of view) or by a specific wealthy person (from his point of view). He feels like some force outside himself prevents him from living higher up the economic ladder (maybe society in general or maybe a specific person).

He's outwardly genial and friendly but inside he's one angry, angry dude.

As in the Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook case, the placement of the backpack seems to indicate familiarity with the area, possibly from cruising for potential victims.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=1136

Nov 4, 2009 – Recidivism of Sex Offenders Released from Prison in 1994 ... 9,691 male sex offenders, including 4,295 child molesters, who were tracked for 3 years..

Highlights include the following:

Within 3 years following their release, 5.3% of sex offenders (men who had committed rape or sexual assault) were rearrested for another sex crime.
On average the 9,691 sex offenders served 3 1/2 years of their 8-year sentence.
Compared to non-sex offenders released from State prisons, released sex offenders were 4 times more likely to be rearrested for a sex crime.
The 9,691 released sex offenders included 4,295 men who were in prison for child molesting..

If you missed it, last Sunday's - Tricia's True Crime Radio
by Websleuths Featured the father of Poly Klaas: Marc Klaas, and his views of the recidivism rate of sexual predators

(replay)
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/10/08/websleuths-radio

ON THIS EDITION OF TRICIA'S TRUE CRIME RADIO WE WELCOME MARC KLAAS OF THE KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION

Twitter

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Historical stats show that 40-60% of individuals do not realize they may have witnessed something related to an abduction. #jessicaridgeway

I just thought this was interesting....

Kenny Holmes 7News @KHOLMESlive
The family of #jessicaridgeway will be addressing the public via taped interview. Police hope to have that arranged and released by 1pm.

So they are taping the interview?

that is what they said.

Nothing wrong with that.

The close timing actually makes me think it is probably not the same person who took Katelynn and Jessica, but that the person who took Katelynn may have been spurred on by the news and constant flashing of Jessica's picture, etc.

I would think that, whether one is a repeat offender or a someone who has just been thinking about it for awhile, all of the media speculation and images could be a prompt or a...what do you call it?...trigger?

Does that make any sense?

That makes all kind of sense. It happens often enough with various crimes that there is actually a term for it: copycat crime.

A whole bunch of us "mama's" could load up and rain justice on the perp's in these cases!!! I bet folks who are not mama's could go with us also and also rain justice...I am so sick of our youth being taken, abused and/or killed...it just makes me want to hit my head against a frigging wall!!!!:banghead: Sorry but I am so disgusted this morning with all this.

I am praying for these parents as they prepare to release their statement. I know it must be extremely difficult for them and their loved ones. Undoubtedly, their hearts are breaking as they plead for their child.
God, please bless and strengthen them....

That's another thing that bugs me...why would a kidnapper, on his way out of town, take the time to turn into a subdivision, drive a short distance and then either go deeper into the subdivision to turn around or turn around in a 3-point turn where the back pack was dropped (placed).

Why wouldn't he just throw it out the window while driving down McCaslin Blvd.?

More thinking...

ErinGrrrl, guess, he could be sending a subliminal message; taunting.
Deflection..
Playing the odds that it would not be tied to Jessica's abduction due to other children playing in the area, as well as the distance/jurisdiction where the abduction occurred.

Sure hope that the proximity of the backpack to the Rochester murder location was only a coincidence..
Dec 6, 2011 – Stephanie Rochester http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/stephanie-rochester-trial_n_1131305.html

ErinGrrrl, sexual predators have many similar traits. The one trait that they all seem to have is the ability to confuse..

Good morning scorekeeper and fellow sleuths! I am so glad to see the tweets in Spanish too. I, like all of you, am praying for Jessica to be found safe and sound.

This tweet basically says ..........

More than 72 hours has passed since Jessica Ridgeway 10 years old is missing from her 3 wards. (CUADRA means Stable, Hall or Ward, so I'm 'assuming' that this refers to Jessica's mom, aunt and grandmother?)

OT Great seeing you all here for Jessica. I took a break from WS after following Micky Shunick's case. :(

wm
BBM

Not that it's really important, but the translation I got was that more than 72 hours has passed since Jessica Ridgeway 10 years old went missing from those 3 blocks, or something like that.

I kind of feel likes it's a sick joke, hearing once again that an abductor drives a white van.

I wonder if LE will ask people in Jessica's neighborhood if they remember seeing a white van. I know LE has asked for people to report anything suspicious, but maybe seeing a white van didn't seem out of the ordinary at the time. JMO

BBM

In the picture of her standing at the door, there's a white van parked across the street. I'd guess it wouldn't seem too out of place to see one around.

Anastasiya Bolton ‏@abolton9news
the Ridgeway family has chosen a #9news reporter to talk 2 today. we're anxious to hear what they have 2 say. #jessicaridgeway
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

NewsRadio 850 KOA ‏@850KOA
Mark Klaas, founder of Klaas Kids Foundation talks about the challenges in finding Jessica Ridgeway. Listen: http://bit.ly/w8SEUk
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I'm not sure there's much to read into regarding home values in the area. Jessica is from an older more established neighborhood, built in the '70s and '80s; the Rock Creek subdivision where the backpack was found was built in the late '90s iirc. Pretty much anything built in the '90s and later is a lot more pricey--and there are tons of developments like that in the area.

If someone was trying to make a statement about people with money, one would expect him to head west toward some of the new developments near the Arvada and Golden area. The houses in Five Parks--directly southwest of Standley Lake and easily accessible by taking Simms south to the road just north of Standley Lake and then heading south on Alkire--all country roads--are pricey ($500k or more, iirc). There are several subdivisions in the west/northwest part of Arvada with houses in the $500s; subdivisions near Golden range in the $700-800k range. Rock Creek isn't quite as expensive in comparison. JMO.

I'm not sure there's much to read into regarding home values in the area. Jessica is from an older more established neighborhood, built in the '70s and '80s; the Rock Creek subdivision where the backpack was found was built in the late '90s iirc. Pretty much anything built in the '90s and later is a lot more pricey--and there are tons of developments like that in the area.

If someone was trying to make a statement about people with money, one would expect him to head west toward some of the new developments near the Arvada and Golden area. The houses in Five Parks--directly southwest of Standley Lake and easily accessible by taking Simms south to the road just north of Standley Lake and then heading south on Alkire--all country roads--are pricey ($500k or more, iirc). There are several subdivisions in the west/northwest part of Arvada with houses in the $500s; subdivisions near Golden range in the $700-800k range. Rock Creek isn't quite as expensive in comparison. JMO.

Are you sure it was built in the late 90s? Because I know that Rock Creek was one of the neighborhoods John & Patsy Ramsey considered living in when they moved to Colorado in 1991. In a very reputable book, I have about the case, it says RC was a new neighborhood at the time. (I am assuming it's the same Rock Creek because it's the same county...) Anyways, 90s is 90s.

Also, he could've gone to Boulder too where there are multi-million dollars houses...

I will be working on a new thread... be back in a bit with the link...

Good morning scorekeeper and fellow sleuths! I am so glad to see the tweets in Spanish too. I, like all of you, am praying for Jessica to be found safe and sound.

This tweet basically says ..........

More than 72 hours has passed since Jessica R****** 10 years old is missing from her 3 wards. (CUADRA means Stable, Hall or Ward, so I'm 'assuming' that this refers to Jessica's mom, aunt and grandmother?)

OT Great seeing you all here for Jessica. I took a break from WS after following Micky Shunick's case. :(

wm
BBM

Not that it's really important, but the translation I got was that more than 72 hours has passed since Jessica R******* 10 years old went missing from those 3 blocks, or something like that.

I kind of feel likes it's a sick joke, hearing once again that an abductor drives a white van.

I wonder if LE will ask people in Jessica's neighborhood if they remember seeing a white van. I know LE has asked for people to report anything suspicious, but maybe seeing a white van didn't seem out of the ordinary at the time. JMO

BBM

In the picture of her standing at the door, there's a white van parked across the street. I'd guess it wouldn't seem too out of place to see one around.

new thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187222"]ACTIVE SEARCH CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

this one will close shortly..

There are so many white vans and pickups in the world -- they're the standard vehicle for independent contractors of all kinds, from catsitters to painters to window cleaners to the guy who just finished blowing out our sprinkler system for the winter. And 99.999% of them are just people trying to make a living.

For what it's worth, the child molester caught luring children not far from us last spring was driving a newish Cadillac sedan...

I just read the article that the Cody PD released and it didn't say white van, it said white SUV with 2 seats in front and a mattress in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member