CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ErinGrrrl, guess, he could be sending a subliminal message; taunting.
Deflection..
Playing the odds that it would not be tied to Jessica's abduction due to other children playing in the area, as well as the distance/jurisdiction where the abduction occurred.

Sure hope that the proximity of the backpack to the Rochester murder location was only a coincidence..
Dec 6, 2011 – Stephanie Rochester http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/stephanie-rochester-trial_n_1131305.html

ErinGrrrl, sexual predators have many similar traits. The one trait that they all seem to have is the ability to confuse..

I still think there's a very good chance that backpack was dumped somewhere else less conspicuous and brought to that location by a neighbor, probably a kid, thinking they were doing somebody a favor by fetching their backpack from the ditch, backyard, etc. where it was really dumped.

Twitter

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Historical stats show that 40-60% of individuals do not realize they may have witnessed something related to an abduction. #jessicaridgeway

I just thought this was interesting....

Tracey4AU, guess you 'Can't connect the dots if you don't collect the dots'...

I would like to salute the Westminister PD for their proactive professionalism and transparency in the Jessica Ridgeway investigation. The American public is the most valuable resource in missing persons investigations.

Awareness is the key in missing persons investigations, imo.

Below is an analogy shared by Janice Smolinski; a Mother of a missing/murder victim; Billy Smolinski(CT). Her shattered crystal vase analogy is to stress the importance of communication/awareness among the American public and other investigative agencies.

Imo, sharing info with the public via the MS Media is also very critical to overcome jurisdictional linkage blindness in abductions and other missing/murdered person's investigations. The public is analogous to a security camera across the entire US landscape.

http://waterburyobserver.org/node/402

Shattered Crystal Vase Theory

Picture the murder of Billy Smolinski as a crystal vase. Hold it in your hands. Spin it around. Now drop it on the kitchen floor and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces. Each shard of glass represents a clue...
Read more....

I'm bumping my post and making sure everyone understands this is a WARNING: Lay off the family.

Apparently some posters missed this last night - so this is a final reminder!

Guys - let's lay off the "talking to media" and any family insinuations for now. If that changes, we will revisit the issue.

Thanks,

Salem

I still think there's a very good chance that backpack was dumped somewhere else less conspicuous and brought to that location by a neighbor, probably a kid, thinking they were doing somebody a favor by fetching their backpack from the ditch, backyard, etc. where it was really dumped.

Very possible, carbuff.. Thank goodness that the good samaritan sent out the community email and the dots were connected. The backpack may be the key to solving the Jessica Ridgeway case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!