jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, if I recall correctly, the diagnosis of NPD (along with several other similar disorders) were deleted from the latest edition of the DSM-IV - not sure how it's classified now.

Not that this makes it any less real for those of us who know (or have been married to) someone with it. It exists... that'll never change, not to me...

:(

That is so true! That foreword opened my eyes and I finally understood what I had been experiencing for years. It hurt to read, but was SO enlightening!

IS, RIP. I like Vinnie, and I can certainly watch the trial online, but I will miss several of the folks on IS...

Do we know whether HLN will pick up anything during the 11:00 to 3:00 hours?

I swear i heard on HLN today that on Monday they would have coverage starting at 10:30 MT for the trial.
I think they will at least cover this part of the trial fully... but don't know how long they will continue with full coverage.

From Thursday's testimony, she said all she can remember after shooting him is dropping the knife on the floor. But didn't she say during direct (I think it was direct) that she remembers putting the knife in the dishwasher? Am I just imagining this? I thought that was a pretty big 'gotcha'.

1. No he's a private attorney.
2. No, taxpayers are paying him.
3. Stupidity, false sense of superiority/smarter than LE.
BWAHHAHAAHHA!! :floorlaugh:

Tax payers ARE paying him. $225/hr.
Nice steady long term job for Nurmi.

It also appears in the extreme upper left of the second dragging photo, the blob one which JM asked Jody, "and is this the body?" And she said, "Yes."

Others firmly believe there was no rope. But rope fiber was found at the crime scene in the blood in the bathroom and we know JA took pains to dispose of it, even remembering she put it in a dumpster.

Her behavior is a sign of the rope being used somehow in this dreadful scenario, IMO.

Anybody have any ideas what this might be?

I think she used the rope to drag him. There seems to be an element of truth in her lies. If you reverse what is said like "kill you...", it sounds more like what she said. IMO

IMO, Travis DID attack her. He did not know she was there. He did not get in the shower until he thought she was gone.

JM-"And you do acknowledge that if you're in a fog, you're in a fog about everything, not just certain specific things right?
JA-"I don't know"
JM-"Well it's your fog, isn't it?"

Attachments

• thefog1980_poster01.jpg
    thefog1980_poster01.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 18
I served on a first degree murder trial back in FL many moons ago and it was not hard at all. BUT my case was NOTHING like this. In this case, it would mean sticking to HBO and Netflix or playing video games to avoid any news or specials. Oh, and going online would have to be limited to email only - no social media for sure!!

It would be a NIGHTMARE!!! :pullhair::pullhair:

I agree. I was a juror on a murder trial as well but I don't think we had Internet then (just because we couldn't afford it, this was almost 15 years ago). I don't remember wanting to research it but I do remember wanting to talk about it VERY badly with my husband. But, I refrained.

Judge Perry spent more time appeasing the jury than following the trial he was charged with. The jury was stooped, stooped, stoopid and I have to say ( due to unpopular belief on this forum) that the prosecution was arrogant to the point that they didn't take the time to describe the evidence they had in hand! (We knew, we had more evidence of her crime here on WS than they ever bothered to present.) Not just the computer forensics mind you, but her every move tracked by gps!

I have no faith in the justice system until this trial is over. We could have another completely stupid jury here and we won't know until it's over. Jeez...They were asking about fingerprints for the room mates and they already were supposed to have been told that JA admitted to have killed TA!

I'm holding my breath.

moo

They went on the supposition that the jury were on the same page as the general population because they had become used to everyone around them being well versed in the facts of the case. Unfortunately the jury was not aware .. They were also people who don't have an interest in current events (draw your own conclusions about them from that). They lost their interest by going through the 31 days instead of focussing on what evidence they had. They had a circumstantial case, they weren't strong enough on rebuttal, and they overshot on the charges and by going for the DP. Oh and OCSO missed crucial evidence from computer searches (and who knows what else) just to make the whole case even harder to win.

JMO

A shame, but I don't think the same will happen here. Thank god.

Totally random thought. When I saw the pimcs of T's linen closet, I noticed a spare pillow in there. Who's to say that neat, organized TA didn't have another pillow in there that subsequently went missing post shooting? Maybe she used a spare linen closet pillow as a silencer and took it with her to burn in the desert?

IMO, Travis DID attack her. He did not know she was there. He did not get in the shower until he thought she was gone.

You believe he attacked her? Because she dropped the camera or for another reason?

From Thursday's testimony, she said all she can remember after shooting him is dropping the knife on the floor. But didn't she say during direct (I think it was direct) that she remembers putting the knife in the dishwasher? Am I just imagining this? I thought that was a pretty big 'gotcha'.

She did say that much later she semi remembered an image of putting a knife in the dishwasher and believed it was from that day -- although she wasn't sure that it wasn't a memory of putting a knife in the dishwasher on another occasion.

She's simply covering all of her bases here in case the detectives still have all the knives in the dishwasher and can test them and rule them out as being the murder weapons. I wholeheartedly believe that Jodi brought the knife with her and disposed of it with the gun. She simply said she put it in the dishwasher to lend credence to her lie about the knife being one from the butcher block and used to cut the bondage rope.

Oh no I missed the whole thing. What is wrong with them they could have a least finished this trial. They had a lot of viewers, and could have made some money selling air time. Now they are going to replace it with stupid people, doing stupid things, which ironically fits this case to a tee.

I admit that I change the channel after the trial coverage stops at 3:00 because I can't stand all the "Dumb whatever shows" and the Cop shows have just gotten too repetitive. (same thing just different city).

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the gun story the way she told it. But she could have stashed the gun, and the knife, just around the corner in the closet on a lower shelf. Maybe even under some of his clothing that was on those shelves.

Nothing was obviously disturbed in the closet, so she didn't put those things up high where they were difficult to reach. The closet door was really close to the shower, so it just makes sense to me that this could be a place where she hid the weapons.

Oh ya she was making sure everything sounded like she didn't plan it. She is just such a bad liar. I have tried to reach things in my closet that were to high and ended up with clothes or boxes hitting me on the head, then spending times getting a stool like I should have done in the first place and putting everything back.

then growing legs and finding it's way some 11' to 12' into the bedroom.

I am looking at shower photos, only one I can def. tell with door closed is the face pict.

That's the only one that looks to me like the shower door might be closed, but I think that may just be the water effects because that is really the only picture that is in focus.

I can see the water marks to the right of his face on the door.

Can't look anymore, got floaters uggg. will look tomorrow.

Diff jury, lawyers...STATE even. They are not the Pinellas 12. Give them some credit for having nothing to do with Casey Anthony. There are so many differences here.

Yep, a confession, pictures of the perp at the crime scene, AND pictures of the actual crime. Couldn't ask for more could you ;).

Poor Caylee. No (reliable) witnesses, a body that was too far decomposed to provide much in the way of evidence, no crime scene, and no cause of death.

This case is very different, and I am sure she is going to be convicted. I would be willing to stake my good word on it.

I know I don't think I'm alone in worrying about this! I would hate for there not to be justice:seeya:

I know....I get it. I just think that at some point letting go of the past as regards to trials has to happen. Not all juries can be held "accountable" for the Pinellas' 12's mistakes.

I think she used the rope to drag him. There seems to be an element of truth in her lies. If you reverse what is said like "kill you...", it sounds more like what she said. IMO

I don't think there was a rope at all. I think she used that as a reason for the knife to be there. I thought at first that the last photo was of him being dragged on a sheet but now I'm more inclined to think it was just her dragging his body by pulling his arms.

What is your question about premeditation?

I was wondering how much (if any) of the mountain of post-crime coverup adds any weight towards proving premeditation. I'm guessing it doesn't.

I know innocent people aren't likely to cover up crimes, and I absolutely do not believe JA is innocent via SD, but I get the impression that her actions after the fact are getting mixed up and applied as additional evidence of premeditation.

I don't think that's accurate, but I don't know. Even after reading the statute on premeditation, which mentions nothing about actions after - so I guess therein lies the answer.

There is so much more strong evidence of coverup.

Bad analogy, probably, but a kid who comes home to find his mother's favorite vase shattered on the floor, might clean it up and try to hide it - to avoid his mother being sad, or mad or accusing him falsely.

I just wish there was at least one bit of solid, indisputable proof of premeditation. I'd feel better, even though the cumulative effect of the circumstantial evidence is more than enough. I was just curious given what I've heard and read here and there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23