Grab a Tissue....

imnotheonlyone

Reaction score
Jesse G.'s father's most recent message (be sure to listen to video/song at the end of his heartwarming message)

Friday, September 05, 2008

Caylee - A Loss of Our Innocence
Current mood:
tired.gif
tired
Category: Life
Over the last week I've been pondering...yes pondering...that's when you get into such deep thought you have no choice but to shut everything else out to seek a deeper meaning...as to why so many people feel so effected by Caylee Marie Anthony.
I read so many sincere heartfelt messages from people who truly care for and are touched by Caylee. They tell me how they cannot stop crying for her, stop thinking about her or even just function. I know how that feels. My family knows how it feels. I cannot speak for the Anthony's but I suspect that behind closed doors they know how it feels...at least I hope they do.
And, while she is a beautiful little girl who eminates the Light of the Lord is that what we are really so emotional about? I know Caylee. I held her as a baby. Held up to the Lord and asked Him to bless her when she was only days old. She crawled on our floor and bounced in her little blue chair with the yellow fishes, stars and other bright things while she waved her arms in joy. She sat at our family computer with my wife and laughed the way only an innocent can laugh at a silly animation my wife found online. And, when it was over her eyes said "MORE!" and my wife would continue to play it until it wore Caylee out. She has grown into a little girl with her own thoughts, ideas and emotions. To never know that again or hear that some how the evil of this world has possibly harmed her is HEARTBREAKING. But that's not the only reason we are so sad.
We, all of us, are saddened by the loss of innoncence. Caylee represents innoncence and purity and life. We look into her eyes and we see something we missed along the way or are missing now. We feel the pain of the betrayal of innocence in a World that not only doesn't cherish it but seeks to tarnish it and destroy it. From deep deep inside of us we discover we've lost something along the way - the purity of unconditional love and the need to feel connected to that kind of love. Or worse we are Caylee and someone lost us, betrayed us, forgot us and we have never been healed from that feeling.
For anyone that has come from a broken home or been apart from their families through divorce, separation or anything that takes them away from you, we are struck with a pain and fear that hits too close to home. We imagine all sorts of horrible things because life has taught us to do that. We cannot imagine not treasuring her or protecting her from the harm of this world. We cry for ourselves as we cry for her. We cry for what we've become as people and as a community because there are so many other Caylees out there. She reminds us of how we have failed or been failed by someone we trusted and that cuts deep into our hearts. We can either confront that feeling, reconcile it with the Truth and seek His healing touch OR we can project what we are feeling on another target - Casey.
Please do not get me wrong as I write these blogs. I do not condone nor do I accept Casey's behavior as acceptable. Stealing from friends and family is not acceptable. No matter what the outcome here or how this plays out Casey's choices, in my opinion, put Caylee at risk. Taking her to those parties, a bar, etc. was wrong. Having her sleep in the same bed with you and one of your boyfriends was wrong. Exposing her to that kind of lifestyle and poor choices was wrong. And, anyone who allowed that or enabled it to happen is wrong as well. If Caylee was a perfectly clean new hard drive in a computer waiting for the programming of life and Casey was her programmer as her mother we can see where that would eventually take her. No, I am not a supporter of Casey's choices and she knows that. But that's not what this is really about is it? You pass Caylees in the supermarket cart of an alcoholic stocking up on beer and wine. We pass endangered innocents everyday. We have a judicial system and laws of the land that will sort that out and later on there is a Heavenly Judge who will have the Final Say.
I believe, this commnunity and this society is angry at Casey because they are afraid. They are afraid of what could be. Afraid of what might be. Afraid of never knowing why, where or how. Afraid because they do not understand. Afraid that even when the answers come they will not understand or, worse, understand all too well. We are afraid of what could be in us, around us and for the grace of God could be us. We fear the darkness around us and the potential for darkness in us.
I've heard Casey being called a "monster" and what they do not realize is that we are all "monsters" at one time or another. One of the definitions of the word monster is someone or something that deviates from normal, acceptable behavior. So, that time we drank too much and got behind a wheel of a car to endanger ourselves and others, whether we had an accident or not we were a monster. When we got cut off in traffic and yelled, screamed, cursed and chased after the person that did it we were a monster. Any time we do anything that causes us to deviate from normal, acceptable behavior we enter an area of the unknown and become monsters. Monsters dwell in the dark for a reason....they frighten people as well being afraid of the light. And, we want them to stay that way - in the darkness. The glare of instant media and news has brought them out into the light and it frightens us. We are no longer asked if we have heard about that horrible story. We are asked if we saw it and maybe even saw it while it was happening. We are forced to confront the darkness of our lives and it frightens us and fascinates us as well.
We look at the images of Caylee or anyone of the many thousands of missing children and something happens inside of us that remninds us we live in a world where there is darkness. A darkness so ugly we cannot fathom it. We are outraged that no one protected her from that darkness and willingly volunteer to do so. Yet, the sad truth is we fail the innocents of this world more then we succeed. The is only One who cannot fail and we are not Him. We cannot come close to Him in that regard and therefore we come face to face with our greatest fear - ourselves.
But there is an answer and that answer is a Heavenly Father and His Glorious Son who can overcome the darkness around us and the darkness in us. He can make it all right. So, I want to leave you with a You Tube video of a Dennis Jernigan song that has touched my heart today. Let it touch yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F29-AYDmSnI

We are all monsters at one time or another? Um, no we're not. Personally, I think the guy likes to talk to hear himself talk. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Awe, I love what he says about Caylee and this is stuff I want to hear from the Anthony family but we have not, but he is way TOO NICE when speaking about Ms. Casey. I am livid with her and I don't even know them, never held Caylee, never read to Caylee. I do not understand how he is not livid.

Hmmm....I'm pretty sure that nothing I've ever done is as monstrous as what Casey Anthony did to her daughter.

I've followed this story from day one....it's never hit me so hard as it has tonight - this beautiful child is gone, and though I know that God is wrapping her in his arms, my heart aches for the life that was taken ... for the innocence lost, as Rev. Grund says.

We, all of us, are saddened by the loss of innoncence.

Not all of us. Personally, I'm furious at a family jerking everybody around, wasting resources, lying, insulting everyone who's trying to help, and flat-out obstructing JUSTICE. And Caylee deserves JUSTICE, like she deserved a 3rd birthday.

I'm not in a "heartwarming" mood, I guess.

I wish he would go on and on about finding Caylee. Claw his way through some swamps or donate to TES....

Where can we find the video?

thank you!
---------
I miss all the videos,have webtv..I rly on all the WS.'s to tell me what is being said,shown, and I appreciate the rundowns..Thanks to all, Nore

Not all of us. Personally, I'm furious at a family jerking everybody around, wasting resources, lying, insulting everyone who's trying to help, and flat-out obstructing JUSTICE. And Caylee deserves JUSTICE, like she deserved a 3rd birthday.

I'm not in a "heartwarming" mood, I guess.
--------
You are not alone in your feelings. Nore

We are all monsters at one time or another? Um, no we're not. Personally, I think the guy likes to talk to hear himself talk. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
------------
He picks a he** ofa thing to say about people he doesnt know and I resent those words!! Nore IMO

I wish he would go on and on about finding Caylee. Claw his way through some swamps or donate to TES....

How do we know that Rev. Grund hasn't participated in or contributed to the searches???

This man is devastated by a loss of a little girl we did not have the honor of meeting. He knew a Casey that was a lie to him and more than likely that devastates him as well. He is in a mourning that we may not understand. While we feel heartbroken, angry and even confused , outraged, unable to tear ourselves away from our computers or tvs, this man has it even worse than we do. He still speaks with both raw emotion and a heart of grace.

Let him speak his mind, let him mourn the way he does. Some will never be able to understand the forgiveness he seems to hold in his heart, its not for us to understand. He is strong enough to not let the bitterness choke his memories of beautiful Caylee.
I am not sure I could speak the way he does if someone took from me what Casey did from his family. I am not sure I can understand his willingess to put himself and others on the same page, in the same category that he does. I do, however, respect him for modeling such love and compassion for others.

You know what I do not personally understand? Her parents and all her friends are always stating that she was "a good mother", "never heard her raise her voice to Caylee", "took good care of Caylee", "never scolded her harshly" and on and on...Are they kidding me? This is a SIGN that something is WRONG not that something is RIGHT.

I have 6 children, and 2 of these are autistic. Their ages are 25, 17, 16, 11, 5 and 3. And let me tell you-I HAVE raised my voice a million times. I have fought and argued with my children. I have disciplined them and corrected them and grounded them and taken away privileges. I have also held them and rocked them and nursed them through illness, and encouraged them and berated them-whatever was called for...and guess what? I have made miserable mistakes in my parenting and had utter failures in my decisions...BUT-
I have not been this icky gooey creature that is being portrayed for everyone as Casey, because that is not a REAL mother or even a REAL person. THAT my friends is someone who is keeping themselves in CHECK for the good opinion of others, and THAT is not what a good mother does. A FAKE and FALSE mother who is PORTRAYING what she wants you to BELIEVE does that

You know what I do not personally understand? Her parents and all her friends are always stating that she was "a good mother", "never heard her raise her voice to Caylee", "took good care of Caylee", "never scolded her harshly" and on and on...Are they kidding me? This is a SIGN that something is WRONG not that something is RIGHT.

I have 6 children, and 2 of these are autistic. Their ages are 25, 17, 16, 11, 5 and 3. And let me tell you-I HAVE raised my voice a million times. I have fought and argued with my children. I have disciplined them and corrected them and grounded them and taken away privileges. I have also held them and rocked them and nursed them through illness, and encouraged them and berated them-whatever was called for...and guess what? I have made miserable mistakes in my parenting and had utter failures in my decisions...BUT-
I have not been this icky gooey creature that is being portrayed for everyone as Casey, because that is not a REAL mother or even a REAL person. THAT my friends is someone who is keeping themselves in CHECK for the good opinion of others, and THAT is not what a good mother does. A FAKE and FALSE mother who is PORTRAYING what she wants you to BELIEVE does that

IMO, that is a little harsh. I practice tough love, but I do it without raising my voice or EVER berating my children. I am a real mother and don't give crap one what others think.
I just figured that with a 5 year, an autistic 2 year old and a baby, that yelling would solve nothing. Never did when I was a kid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back