Melissa Huckaby.. Death Penalty??

It appears fine to me! :)

I believe the charges when proven are sufficient to receive the DP in this case. The crimes are heinous and the punishment should be to the fullest extent the law will allow.

Now, ask me if I think she will ever receive the DP...

Probably not. I would say LWOP is the best we can really hope for at the end of this.

Yeah, I'm with you, SS. If convicted, she'll get LWOP. There will be established circumstances wrt mental illness that will mitigate any death penalty. I doubt they even go after it.

I am for the death penalty, like me or not..........some people can NEVER be in society again.........this is one.
MH is as sane as us, she knew right from wrong...........
I am sick of housing monsters like Scott P, KC, OJ, Manson for all their lives while we build more and bigger prisons to give them private rooms! IMO

Even if she gets DP and never is executed, being on death row, she is banned from conjugal visits. That alone is reason to seek DP. There are more restrictions as well, but I am not sure what they are...

Hm...in actual practice, LWOP might as well be a death sentence. To help things along, we could hire the correctional officers who were "in the bathroom" on the day Jeffrey Dahmer was killed.

Okay, so they've retired. We could hire them to upgrade the skills of Sandra's murderer's guards. Bet it would be a lot cheaper. :winkaway:

Hm...in actual practice, LWOP might as well be a death sentence. To help things along, we could hire the correctional officers who were "in the bathroom" on the day Jeffrey Dahmer was killed.

Okay, so they've retired. We could hire them to upgrade the skills of Sandra's murderer's guards. Bet it would be a lot cheaper. :winkaway:

OT- but do you know they retired? I went to HS with one (but don't remember him, just the name ) and he graduated in the 80's. Maybe they've put in their 20 years to be vested.... ;)

For some reason I'm not seeing that the DP will be put on the table. Not that I don't think she deserves it, I'm just not seeing it. I see LWOP possibly. Just my humble opinion and my two cents.

It's too late for that woman to get help, be rehabilitated and be put back into society. It should have happened a long time ago. I think she should have been paid more attention when she was growing up, but as she wasn't, she's an adult, she should have sought help for herself when she realized she needed it. Lots of people have done it and overcome whatever it was that messed them up. She herself could have put a stop to that and sought help. She's not a victim. She's not a child anymore. She's responsible for her own actions now. And should face the consequences, whatever they may be.
I think death sentence will be spending too much money.
But at the end of the day it's up to the jury and judge.

It's too late for that woman to get help, be rehabilitated and be put back into society. It should have happened a long time ago. I think she should have been paid more attention when she was growing up, but as she wasn't, she's an adult, she should have sought help for herself when she realized she needed it. Lots of people have done it and overcome whatever it was that messed them up. She herself could have put a stop to that and sought help. She's not a victim. She's not a child anymore. She's responsible for her own actions now. And should face the consequences, whatever they may be.
I think death sentence will be spending too much money.
But at the end of the day it's up to the jury and judge.

Well said myfairlight. A quote comes to mind:

"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." I Cor. xiii. 11.

Many of us are victims during childhood, but once we become adults we can look back and see the injustice and harm done to us and choose not to perpetuate the hurt, harm and despair of heart and soul that comes with that abuse in childhood. We chose to instead to protect, comfort and love.

If she was abused as a child, she chose to hurt and to harm. It was not out of her control.

Just my two cents for today.

DP is very rarely executed(pun intended) here in CA.

DP is very rarely executed(pun intended) here in CA.

That is true. Many debate the cost of prosecuting for the death penalty & carrying it out versus the cost of LWOP. Frankly the people who can never be returned to society should be removed permanently by death.:furious:

Why do we try people for murder and give them the death penalty....but keep them on suicide watch in the meantime? :waitasec: (Thinking it is a waste. A huge waste. hehehe)

That is true. Many debate the cost of prosecuting for the death penalty & carrying it out versus the cost of LWOP. Frankly the people who can never be returned to society should be removed permanently by death.:furious:
Hi Schmert.I have to preface this with the fact that I am opposed to the DP in general.
I understand why people think the DP is fitting in many cases, but the fact is a possible DP sentence will effectively be LWOP here in CA because our DP program is badly broken, expensive and inefficient.
We are in an extreme financial crisis here in CA and to waste extraordinary amounts of money on something that will most likely never come to pass doesn't make sense to me.

Even if she gets DP and never is executed, being on death row, she is banned from conjugal visits. That alone is reason to seek DP. There are more restrictions as well, but I am not sure what they are...

. . . recreation for 1 hour a day in a cage, for starters . . .

PS: I think those in San Quentin's DR are allowed CV's. Hmmm, I better
Google that :rolleyes:

Why do we try people for murder and give them the death penalty....but keep them on suicide watch in the meantime? :waitasec: (Thinking it is a waste. A huge waste. hehehe)

I know it was a rhetorical question, but I've wondered about that more than once, and the only thing that I can come up with is that it is about taking away the criminal's control of their life. Saying to them, "You don't get to decide when you are going to die, we do."

...or give them any other medical care than pallitive (think Hospice) care? I mean, they're on Death Row, right?

Pass the duct tape for that mind bender lol... but very good points... just a viscious circle, isn't it?

Pass the duct tape for that mind bender lol... but very good points... just a viscious circle, isn't it?

When you're done with that duct tape, I could use some over here please... :)

Since that church in Washington is being searched, I'm wondering if MH gave up Pastor Lawless to LE to avoid the death penalty, is that a possibility?

Totally agree. We all know in CA at present she will never actually be put to death. However, there are certain rules for those on death row. One is that she will never get conjugal visits. You would be surprised what kind of psychos are out there that will mail these sickos to "hook up".

But in CA, I think on death row they also are in solitary. Not sure if they get yard time together or not. At least she wouldn't be hooking up with some new girlfriend or something. And if we get a new gov. like brown who is tough on crime, who knows if they will start the death juice flowing again.

I am for DP in this case for these reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back