Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see if this works. They all look similar to me. Pic's 4 and 5 show what looks like the same necklace too.

That looks like the same necklace to me. Good observation!

Does it look like these are the same girl but the girl in the second pic has shorter hair? If it is the same girl it may be safe to assume that the pics with the red lighting are from the same apartment or at least nearby.

Attachments

• alcala curly haired girl 2.jpg
    alcala curly haired girl 2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 46
  • alcala curly haired girl 1.jpg
    alcala curly haired girl 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 45
A couple of these postings show mispers from 1973 - anything from 72 and 73, together with large parts of 71 and all of 74 are out because he was in jail. Exception is of course if they ran away and then met with Alcala afterward, which is possible - but if the circumstances indicate immediate foul play, highly unlikely.

Darren Rogers is the one I'm thinking of - very good resemblance, although at 6'0" and looking like that I'd have said he was much older than 13...

Just to let you know, if anyone ever needed more pics of Chris I can still get some from the high school year book, but, there are already more available at her cold case thread here or by Googling her. The pictures of her online are good, except I'd possibly bump her weight up by 10lbs and she wasn't a platinum blond, more like dark blond. (Also, there's a site (I forget which one) that says she was last seen wearing a scarf, that's accurate, but if you're looking at UID's you should know the scarf was left in the abandoned car, so it wouldn't have been an item found with her.) She's the reason I came here.....and 39 years later....we all still wonder what happened and where is Chris. :(

When I heard the story of Alcala's collection of photos, one of the first faces I looked for was Chris's. Her story is touching and sad, she seemed a lovely person with a promising future. I hope you find her.

One more possibility:

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01741.jpg
http://webdb.state.nj.us/cgi-bin/njsp/mpdisplay.cgi?mpid=311

The eyebrow looks different but there's something similar about the features to my eye, and if you blow up the UI girl's picture the darkest brown spot is about the same place that Jan Cotta has her mole. Can't tell if she's pregnant or not.
There is also a mole missing oh her chin (removed? make-up? Did they aribrush pic's back then?) but I agree they do favor each other.

Does it look like these are the same girl but the girl in the second pic has shorter hair? If it is the same girl it may be safe to assume that the pics with the red lighting are from the same apartment or at least nearby.

It looks like a different girl to me but I don't know why. The chin and nose look different maybe, even eyes. The weird angles may change the topless girl's looks a bit
01091.jpg

01071.jpg

01171.jpg

This is Leanne Leedom. She is still alive, and is one of the people who came forward to identify herself.
2402467650045078242S500x500Q851.jpg
2794093470045078242S500x500Q851.jpg

She says that the photo was taken when she was 17 years old. She was a neighbor of his in Monterey Park, CA and one day in June 1979, he asked her "let me take some pictures of you".

"Then he invited me into his mothers home, and so I went in -- and we talked. He was very preoccupied with the idea that he was a member of Mensa."

He then convinced her to go back to her home, where they snapped the pictures. On another occasion, he gave her a ride to her work, but she says that he never made any sexual advances toward her. He did show her his photo collection, which included many photos of naked women, and this was in the presence of his mother. Leanne said that while he was showing them the photos, his mother had a look of disgust on her face which Leanne did not understand until much later.

She came forward after seeing her photos on CNN. She says that she hasn't had much sleep after that.

She was able to pinpoint the time of the photos as immediately after the murder of Charlotte Lamb, and weeks before the murder of Robin Samsoe.

Source: Channel 2 news in Los Angeles.

A couple of these postings show mispers from 1973 - anything from 72 and 73, together with large parts of 71 and all of 74 are out because he was in jail. Exception is of course if they ran away and then met with Alcala afterward, which is possible - but if the circumstances indicate immediate foul play, highly unlikely.

Darren Rogers is the one I'm thinking of - very good resemblance, although at 6'0" and looking like that I'd have said he was much older than 13...

Well, there was a window of time in 1974 between his release from prison on August 3rd and his arrest again on October 16th attempting to kidnap the 13-year old girl in Huntington Beach.

As far as 1971 is concerned, he was free until his arrest in New Hampshire on August 12th. I'm assuming he didn't qualify for bail and remained in custody until his conviction in March, 1972 for the rape and vicious beating of the 8-yr old girl in 1968. He had been a fugitive for almost three years and on the FBI's Ten most wanted list, so I can't imagine he was out on bail at any time after his August arrest.

oh, i can't blow up the pic of her in what looks like a dress by the window that much, but i take your word for it on the necklace :)
bluestarzzz

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00871.jpg

The girl he (assume it is him) is "trying" to talk to (that is ignoring him and looks uncomfortable), looks like she could be the sister of the girl standing/dancing behind the girl in the brown and white striped shirt. The two girls look like sisters.

If that is him with the camera who took the picture?
Was he ever known to have any room mates?
Where was his stuff while he was incarcerated?
IOW, did a room mate keep the rent up and his stuff was still there when he got out?
Could there be an accomplice?

I've been wondering the same thing. It's frustrating to see possible matches and find that some of these women vanished when Alcala was behind bars.
Dorothy Clitheroe is just one example...missing from Phoenix in Sept. of 1973 while Alcala was incarcerated in Calif.

I've been wondering if some of these photos were perhaps given to him by someone else. I think LE needs to look back into his Army days and his UCLA days to see exactly who his friends/acquaintances were. It could also be important to know whom he contacted while in prison, outside of his family.
Are there any historical examples of serial killers who keep in contact with one another? I know there have been teams of killers (such as Bittaker and Norris), but have there ever been two or more serial killers who worked alone but shared information, trophies, etc?

Speaking of family, he seemed to live much of the time at his mother's house in Monterey Park. At least one other relative also lived there (his sister).
The only thing I could find about his mother is her name, Anna Maria German.
There is a "Anna M. German" listed in the Social Security Death Index,
born 1-10-1909 and died 2-1-1999, last residence Monterey Park, CA.

She probably held onto his belongings and he simply came back home each time. His mother bailed him out in Riverside in early 1979 when he was arrested for the kidnapping and rape of the 15-year old girl. Incredibly, a judge set his bail at a ridicuously low $10,000. Absurd, in light of his extensive history of violent sexual crimes. At least two women would have been saved if that judge had had any sense.

A report on a UID on Doe Network mentions a single white button found.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/122ufny.html

One of the Alcala pic's shows a woman with a shirt that may have just one button.

Yes, it is a long shot.

Attachments

• Doe single white button.jpg
    Doe single white button.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 28
  • alcala white button 1.jpg
    alcala white button 1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 44
You don't see pictures of the man himself here, except this one.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2011323273/1.html

Isn't this the same girl, in this Christmas photo?

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01221.jpg

Could this be his sister? If so, wouldn't the investigators know that before releasing these? The Christmas picture has been bugging me because those look like real candles on the tree. How many years has it been since someone used those. Definitely 50's 60's, my guess.

You don't see pictures of the man himself here, except this one.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2011323273/1.html

Isn't this the same girl, in this Christmas photo?

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01221.jpg

Could this be his sister? If so, wouldn't the investigators know that before releasing these? The Christmas picture has been bugging me because those look like real candles on the tree. How many years has it been since someone used those. Definitely 50's 60's, my guess.
The candles are not real. There is one that is bent over and still turned "on". All of the flames are the same size, too uniform. They have to be electric, IMO. The younger girl on his knee and the girl in the Christmas pic do look a lot alike to me though.

I'll put it on the big screen and see if I can read any tags for you.

ETA: Apologies, it's too distorted, maybe someone else can read them.

Watched the last 3/4 of the Dr. Phil show today, it said that both his mother and his sister were teachers. I really would like to know the answer to this question, which (at least on the part I caught) was never asked or answered: WHY WEREN'T THESE PICTURES RELEASED AND BROADCAST ON TV WHEN THEY FOUND THEM 31 YEARS AGO? Is there some logical/legal reason, or was it just another overlooked opportunity to keep this guy behind bars?

The candles are not real. There is one that is bent over and still turned "on". All of the flames are the same size, too uniform. They have to be electric, IMO. The younger girl on his knee and the girl in the Christmas pic do look a lot alike to me though.

You're right one is burning "sideways" shoulda caught that! Though I've never seen that particular decoration, and I'm kinda' of a nut over Christmas stuff. I still have (and purchase on Ebay old Christmas ornaments). The tinsel on that tree also looks like the old tinsel that was really tin (or aluminum or whatever it was made of), it always got wrinkled and you could store it and save it for next year. Wonder what year they quit making that stuff? Interestingly, some of the ornaments on there look like they are pictures, but they are too blurry to make out. Is that an "Alvin" from the chipmonks as the tree topper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea