The case for murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming late to the discussion today, but I wondered about Dr. Howard (unknown last name), a dermatologist from Phoenix and a friend of JS (who was driven to the airport-from the hospital- by Rebecca on the evening of July 12). Is it possible that he had been staying at the Shacknai mansion as well?

Hmmmm, didn't SDSP state, that the clothing WAS NOT Rebecca's???

http://www.10news.com/news/29237354/detail.html

"This case is so goofy," said McKenna. "There are so many things that don't add up."
McKenna said she had questions about blood, abrasions and more.
"How did the balcony doors get closed? How did the music get turned off? How did her clothes get down in the guest house?" asked McKenna.
San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore emphasized that Rebecca Zahau's death was a suicide.
"Science is our best witness in this case," he said during a press conference earlier this month. "Science is not biased and it does not lie."
But Mary Zahau said she thinks experts should take another look at the investigation and recreate the scene.

I am beginning to believe that the SDSO is NOT a reliable source for information!

I am not sure what evidence McKenna has regarding the clothing. LE claimed they determined clothing found in the guest house didn't belong to RN.

"This case is so goofy," said McKenna. "There are so many things that don't add up."
"How did the balcony doors get closed? How did the music get turned off? How did her clothes get down in the guest house?" asked McKenna.
San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore emphasized that Rebecca Zahau's death was a suicide.
"Science is our best witness in this case," he said during a press conference earlier this month. "Science is not biased and it does not lie."
But Mary Zahau said she thinks experts should take another look at the investigation and recreate the scene.

I am beginning to believe that the SDSO is NOT a reliable source for information!

BBM
Yes, I believe they did in one of their news releases. Sorry, don't have a link to it, but remember it. JMO MOO

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15466715/...do-mansion-hanging-death?clienttype=printable
Questions linger in Coronado mansion hanging death

According to Zahau's autopsy report, "The guest house consisted of two bedrooms. One of the rooms had a suitcase and the other room had an unmade bed, a few pieces of women's clothing on the floor, make up wipes on the dresser and a glass with clear liquid on the night stand."

Lt. Nesbit told News 8 the "clear liquid" was never analyzed by investigators. However, detectives do have an explanation for the other items found in the guest house bedroom.

"We determined that that clothing was not from Rebecca," Lt. Nesbit said. "The clothing was left by a female guest who stayed in the guest house earlier, prior to the (hanging) incident."

------is it possible that GS and ES were allowed to stay in the guesthouse, given that we've heard from RZ's sister that they didn't get along with RZ. ?

Some of what they've said ..
According to Zahau's autopsy report, "The guest house consisted of two bedrooms. One of the rooms had a suitcase and the other room had an unmade bed, a few pieces of women's clothing on the floor, make up wipes on the dresser and a glass with clear liquid on the night stand."

Lt. Nesbit told News 8 the "clear liquid" was never analyzed by investigators. However, detectives do have an explanation for the other items found in the guest house bedroom.

"We determined that that clothing was not from Rebecca," Lt. Nesbit said. "The clothing was left by a female guest who stayed in the guest house earlier, prior to the (hanging) incident."

Nesbit would not identify that female house guest, but the autopsy report said Zahau's teenage sister was also visiting from out of town and staying at the Coronado home in the days before the hanging.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15466715/...do-mansion-hanging-death?clienttype=printable

Questions linger in Coronado mansion hanging death

------is it possible that GS and ES were allowed to stay in the guesthouse, given that we've heard from RZ's sister that they didn't get along with RZ. ?

Certainly possible, however, not proven as of yet. Just like a lot of other things, too many questions and no answers. Thank you for the link.

It is my present opinion that JS killed RZ in a rage that night. I believe AS was asked to help embellish the accidental murder to look like a murder by someone else. AS may have even witnessed part of the struggle.

JS would have had the strongest motive to have killed RZ. It wasn't planned he just lost it when he went back home.

No sleep, agonizing emotional pain and pressure for answers from his ex-wife. If he went back and finally had time to "get into it' with RZ he could have easily have lost it and killed her.

It is possible RZ was wearing her usual sleeping attire a long sleaved t-shirt and in a struggle JS could have strangled her with that

This would explain why the AS lie detector test was inconclusive.

AS is the most likely person to know how to tie those knots. Even if you own a boat you do not always know these kinds of knots. My family boated for all our lives and my Dad only knew one knot he used to tie the boat up to the dock.

The rope and room was wiped clean and then RZ's fingerprints were put on key areas to make it look like she struggled to take them off of her. It was deliberate that the "black paint message" items, the paint and brushes were handled with the plastic bag. Again it was made to look like murder but to delfect form JS having murdered her.

The door message fits this theory. It also makes it look like the murderer did not KNOW Max was going to die. This is also done to deflect from JS being the real killer.

The two knives and two brushes at the scene indicate to me there was a subordinate. AS grabs the items possibly needed but JS decides what will actually be used.

JS is a smart guy. Smart enough to realize not to try to make murder look like suicide so he embellishes to make it look like someone murdered her but NOT him.

So far everything I have read and researched supports this theory.

Questions:

- Did JS leave the hospital earlier than he said and "planted" the deleted voicemail as a cover?

- Did RZ call JS back after "listening" to the "shocking" voice mail... before she decided to take her life in such a bizarre fashion?

- If RZ wanted to make her suicide look like a muder I think some heated arguements and tearful discussions would have occured prior to her decision. Is there any evidence of the relationship being on rough waters because of the accident?

- How is it that AS did not notice anything going on in the house that night even if it was just a hanging body? What could he have seen from the guest suite?

- Did JS call AS back to get the details of RZ's death? Apparently not.

- HOW if it was suicide did this woman learn how to tie herself up like this?

- Who's woman's clothes are in the AS guest suite? Why did they leave their clothes behind? Did they leave in a rush when Adam had to rush to help his brother when he heard screaming?

-RZ's prints & DNA on the painting materials? Apparently not.

Please add or subtract from this theory as you see fit.

I am not sure what evidence McKenna has regarding the clothing. LE claimed they determined clothing found in the guest house didn't belong to RN.

Perhaps the female clothing found in the guest house belonged to a man.

It is my present opinion that JS killed RZ in a rage that night. I believe AS was asked to help embellish the accidental murder to look like a murder by someone else. AS may have even witnessed part of the struggle.

JS would have had the strongest motive to have killed RZ. It wasn't planned he just lost it when he went back home.

No sleep, agonizing emotional pain and pressure for answers from his ex-wife. If he went back and finally had time to "get into it' with RZ he could have easily have lost it and killed her.

It is possible RZ was wearing her usual sleeping attire a long sleaved t-shirt and in a struggle JS could have strangled her with that

This would explain why the AS lie detector test was inconclusive.

AS is the most likely person to know how to tie those knots. Even if you own a boat you do not always know these kinds of knots. My family boated for all our lives and my Dad only knew one knot he used to tie the boat up to the dock.

The rope and room was wiped clean and then RZ's fingerprints were put on key areas to make it look like she struggled to take them off of her. It was deliberate that the "black paint message" items, the paint and brushes were handled with the plastic bag. Again it was made to look like murder but to delfect form JS having murdered her.

The door message fits this theory. It also makes it look like the murderer did not KNOW Max was going to die. This is also done to deflect from JS being the real killer.

The two knives and two brushes at the scene indicate to me there was a subordinate. AS grabs the items possibly needed but JS decides what will actually be used.

JS is a smart guy. Smart enough to realize not to try to make murder look like suicide so he embellishes to make it look like someone murdered her but NOT him.

So far everything I have read and researched supports this theory.

Questions:

- Did JS leave the hospital earlier than he said and "planted" the deleted voicemail as a cover?

- Did RZ call JS back after "listening" to the "shocking" voice mail... before she decided to take he life in such a bizarre fashion?

- If RZ wanted to make her suicide look like a muder I think some heated arguements and tearful discussions would have occured prior to her decision. Is there any evidence of the relationship being on rough waters because of the accident?

- How is it that AS did not notice anything going on in the house that night even if it was just a haning body? What could he have seen from the guest suite?

- Did JS call AS back to get the details of RZ's death? Apparently not.

- HOW if it was suicide did this woman learn how to tie herself up like this?

- Who's woman's clothes are in the AS guest suite? Why did they leave their clothes behind? Did they leave in a rush when Adam had to rush to help his brother when he heard screaming?

-RZ's prints & DNA on the painting materials? Apparently not.

Please add or subtract from this theory as you see fit.

:welcome: to websleuths Mrs. Holmes!! I will look forward to reading more of your interesting posts!!!

Perhaps the female clothing found in the guest house belonged to a man.

Exactly what kind of items were left behind? Did AS have a liason and she left a few things behind in a rush. Who EXACTLY is this person? What does SHE know?

Is AS married, single, divorced?
Does he have children?
Prior criminal record?
How long was he at his job?
How close are these brothers?
Did AS go to RZ funeral?
What was his relationship with his brother like?

I really believe EVERYTHING is going to come out sooner or later.

Hmmm reading search warrants again..... LE didn't request the hospital video surveillance video until the 24th of august. wtf is that all about what freaking investigating did they do until August 24th when they needed evidence to prove suicide???

Exactly what kind of items were left behind? Did AS have a liason and she left a few things behind in a rush. Who EXACTLY is this person? What does SHE know?[/B]
Is AS married, single, divorced?
Does he have children?
Prior criminal record?
How long was he at his job?
How close are these brothers?
Did AS go to RZ funeral?
What was his relationship with his brother like?

I really believe EVERYTHING is going to come out sooner or later.

BBM

Welcome, Mrs. Holmes. In the part I bolded I was not referring to those clothes belonging to a female, rather a man who liked to wear women's clothing.

Mrs. Holmes you have a lovely post... I think your theory is entirely possible. I am starting to really wondering if this wasn't some coordinated effort also.

Hmmm reading search warrants again..... LE didn't request the hospital video surveillance video until the 24th of august. wtf is that all about what freaking investigating did they do until August 24th when they needed evidence to prove suicide???

JS could have left earlier and then came back to the hospital and made the "voice mail call" and then AS could have deleted it. It did not register on the phone because RN's phone was turned off?

When LE looks at the tapes he does "leave" when he said.
It's just.. "it is my theory" that he left went home accidentally killed her then he came back to establish an alibi.

All 15 of them. RN's cell phone wasn't turned on for a month. By that time there was no hope of recovering her voice mail, because AT&T doesn't keep deleted voicemails on its server for more than one week. I have to wonder about hospital surveillance videos. I don't believe they are kept indefinitely in most instances. Don't businesses eventually start taping surveillance videos over?

I believe MS died by accident. Very sad and not an uncommon way for a child to die.
I believe JS killed RN. Again this is statistically common. Adam helping his brother?
He was at the home when she died he would be implicated in the murder if he called the police so he decides to help his brother.

Adam knew how to tie the knots. It is not that complicated. Coronado and San Diego dropped the ball. Investigating a billionaire for murder when his child is dying? Tough one. Hanging is a "common" suicide method... so they just let it slide.

Not what was being talked about concerning this link, but....

I'm trying to fathom why they presented evidence photos from 3:32 a.m. on July 14, 2011 in the presser of the balcony/door/rope (rope tied to bed, etc.). It's my understanding that a crime scene is taped off until the forensics people get there and after the scene is secured. The first thing forensic's does is take photos.

Photos are from ~21 hours after Rebecca was found dead. Just reiterating as I know this is not new, it's just bothering me more now.

Were we ever shown the original photos and do we know what time a forensic person got to the scene?

I would like to ask DS exactly what details JS gave her about RZ's death on that AM phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz