TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If in doubt, I would go with the Houston Chronicle reporting. MOO

im atm thinkin the babysitter story was not a lie out of embarrasment it was a lie due to ad not wanting anyone to know the connection and dynamics of the two houses for cya reasons.... she says the sitters house which is HER house and I think she is making stories to why jf was exposed to ugly that day....not saying she is involved, just shes steady cya and adding to the confusion ....maybe protecting the sf and his poss involvment

Welcome to 24/7 news feeds...no one has time to verify because everyone is trying to be the first to report the story.

Just one of many reasons, they should read here at WS's - at least we try to verify and clarify if it is "fact", "speculation", or "rumor". If I were a reporter, I would rely heavily on this site for ACCURATE information. :crazy:

I would like verification of the lies the mother has supposedly told.

I'm wondering if it was first reported that the mother didn't call the police until 9:30 PM via Nancy Grace's show.

HPD has confirmed that she called them at 3:30 PM on Christmas Eve. JF was put into the missing person system at 9:30 PM.

While I, too, am annoyed that it took LE so long to put him into the system as a missing person and to issue an Amber Alert, I imagine that they took the 6 hours between 3:30 and 9:30 trying to get the story straight.

It must be difficult these days for the LE to figure out complicated family relationships (Bio mom, Step mom, Step father, bio father) especially with blended families, etc. Add in the fact that the mother was "afraid" to admit that Jonathan was left alone, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

I for one feel badly for the mother and do not think she is involved. Her pain and confusion looks and sounds too genuine to me. If the media reports are to be believed, she is still hoping he is alive and is not accepting the fact that the burned body might be her son's.

My prayers are with Jonathan's extended family-- especially those who raised him for 6 years and showed him such incredible kindness.

Is the mom simply overwhelmed and confused or is she giving different stories on purpose? :waitasec:

Apparently the mom has been living for three weeks with the babysitter, owner of that duplex? When Mom stated that Jonathan went home for a video game at about 1.30. , he went to their previous home, the one where the stepdad was still living at. The mom is obviously upset and I can see why she would have called that home (her previous home). Jonathan probably still had some stuff there. Did Jonathan disappear from his stepdad apartment? That is the way I understand it so far.
Based on that scenario, the mom really did not lie, just was not explicit enough to the police and/or the media hosed it up.

Hopefully I have this right ...

Basically this is one of our WS members that went to the area of where the woman was arrested. We need to take this info with a "grain of salt" and not fact until it comes out in the media.

FWIW, we haven't got a clue if the person speaking to our member is just theorizing or knows more.

At this point in time, I would take her rumors over anything I've read from the MSM in this case. I have never seen such shoddy reporting!!

Renee said the police were notified immediately and were at the home right away. She does not know why they have that time listed at 9:30.

How do we know the mother ever lied??? What video is that in?
from the get go... from early videos... she has been saying different things. I do not have the links... but from reading this case early on she was all over the place... whether that was the fault of the media, etc... I am not so sure.

I am not saying she is outright lying but from her portrayals in the media I am sure going to go share the salt block with my cows tonight! (but I will have something to chase it with.. sorry cows! Humans get all the treats)

And no.

I do not believe that this mother was clueless right now. But just from what I have witnessed.

I have a big hat and can take bites at any time... I hope I have to.... to be honest with you

we need an emoticon for screaming

im atm thinkin the babysitter story was not a lie out of embarrasment it was a lie due to ad not wanting anyone to know the connection and dynamics of the two houses for cya reasons.... she says the sitters house which is HER house and I think she is making stories to why jf was exposed to ugly that day....not saying she is involved, just shes steady cya and adding to the confusion ....maybe protecting the sf and his poss involvment

oh my. AD was not lying. JF was "at the babysitter's." The babysitter happened to not be home, but he WAS at the babysitter's. AD and JF happened to live there at the time. I remember when I first read the news articles, the phrasing of how AD said it made me think JF was LIVING with the babysitter at the time. Wow.

:waitasec:

Some thoughts going through my mind about this potential timeline on Friday. Assuming that JF's demise occured sometime on Friday, when did LE say the video shows the SD's vehicle at the dump site near Hardy Toll Road?

Was there a kidnapping first and then something happened to the child later on that weekend or Monday? Being that it was a holiday weekend I can understand why the burned body was found after Sunday when this alloy place was closed but how could it have not been found on Monday as opposed to Tuesday morning? Is it possible the placement in the culvert occurred Monday night?

Also, Friday night was a night of showers and thunderstorms across N Houston, so it would seem unlikely that the culvert incident would have occurred that night since it was surely half full of water most of the night.

Tricia's rules on rumors and local information. FYI

NEW RULES ABOUT POSTING OUT AND OUT RUMORS.

It would be naive of me not to recognize the aspect of rumors in cases like Elizabeth Olten and Somer. Therefore we are going to try something different.

If you are a local and you have heard a rumor that is not ridiculous post it clearly as a rumor.

I won't check if you say you are a local. This is different than saying you know the family.

If this doesn't work out because people start relying on rumors or repeating rumors as fact we will change it back.

If anyone has any questions go ahead and ask me, PM me or email me at tgrif@xmission.com

The above was written by Tricia. I snipped it from the earlier post regarding Sex Offenders. You can find both issues on the same post at this link: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91068"]New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I've noticed that, too. Should we start copying/pasting the full text of reports, to avoid this confusion? What's the standard protocol? I click on links from yesterday, and it goes to the most current version of the story. Very frustrating.

It's a copyright violation to post more than 10 percent of an article. And you must link back to that article.

Tricia's rules on rumors and local information. FYI

The above was written by Tricia. I snipped it from the earlier post regarding Sex Offenders. You can find both issues on the same post at this link: New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please note that Stormy was approved to report what was told to her today on her trip to the area. If we start having a rumor fest in here and the mods are working overtime, we'll stop allowing it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288