TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not privy to any other information at all. Just connecting thoughts and kind of theorizing, based on human behavior and addicts' behavior. I hope this makes sense:

Most of us would assume that if he was at a babysitter's house, that a) this would be different than his home, b) he wouldn't live at the babysitter's house, c) if he was at the babysitter's house, there would actually be a babysitter there, watching him. So AD said he was at the babysitter's house, which was the truth, and let everyone assume that someone was watching him. She didn't actually lie, IMO.

It's also typical addict/dependant behavior to make statements that one knows others will fill in the blanks on, and then be innocent of misleading folks. AD, in her mind, could be upset and indignant that LE did not jump on things soon enough, because it wasn't her fault that LE jumped to conclusions and then thought she was telling lies. That's all my supposition, of course.

:waitasec: Why not say he ran upstairs to get a video game and went poof then??????????????

Source - Fox news, Houston: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/new...woman-arrested-in-connection-to-missing-child

Some snips (two):

"The woman, now in custody, is an acquaintance of Jonathan Foster’s stepfather. A second person, a male, is being searched for in connection with the boy's disappearance"

"Police were questioned as to why it took three days to issue an Amber Alert following Foster’s disappearance. They said they delayed the alert because they felt parents were not giving the full story regarding their son’s disappearance."

So - that's one place where the "she's d-dad's friend" comes from, and I just had to add the bit about the Amber alert because it's kinda ridiculous to lie about where your child is, and then expect professionals who see lies every day to believe you. I'm sorry - I don't know what I would do if it happened to me, but I know that the last thing I'd want to do would be distract the police from searching for my baby with lies!

Just a thought, could JF have gone to SD's house to get the video game, saw something he should not have seen, ran back to the home where he was staying with mom (Mona or SD went after him to stop him from talking), called mom said it was an emergency, Mona entered the home asked who he was talking to on the phone, he hung up, mom called back, Mona answered and asked who it was, Mona asked JF if AD was his mom. Mona stopped him from talking.
Just my mind trying to figure this out with the information we have.

but why does "mona" do what she is alleged to do?

for all whats there are whys.

What is the why in this case?[/quot

My thoughts too, what is the motive?

That's what I need to know. Is there one. What motive is there to take a child on Christmas Eve of all times and then burn a little boys body?

Did he see something he was not supposed to?

I can't get the raspy voice out of my head. If that part is true I thought immediately of meth.

Further back someone said it's way too young for a little boy to have anything to do with drugs. I am only theorizing but if drugs were cooked around this poor little guy he would have exposure. Children around meth often have problems with their own breathing.

Again I am just theorizing because I can't even fathom what else would make someone do such an awful thing. Horrendous thing.

In case my hypothesizing is misunderstood, I am not saying that AD is not telling lies. I was explaining why she could feel justified in critiquing how LE has handled things. Perhaps in her mind, she hadn't actually told any lies...

Clearly, She was not being forthcoming with all that she knows, from the beginning. Perhaps due to fear, perhaps due to incompetence, perhaps due to coercion by DD. I am not convinced she had a hand in JF's disappearance, other than putting him in harms way through her acquaintances. IMO.

If they took them in Monday night because of inconsistensies(sp) in their stories. Where were the police Fri, Sat, and Sun nights? Why wait 3 days? Investigators gone for the holidays?

witholding information in a missing child case is not good. Not good at all and speaks to those who are witholding that information and why they are doing so.

Mom: most likely witholding the fact he was left home alone because she knew it was wrong ((also possibly buying into last seen video game testimony by step dad and embelishing on it to make it fit?????))

as for the rest: I have not a clue.

How do we know she didn't? The only issue Harris pointed out was if the babysitter was there or not. Did we have access to what was originally said when the cops first arrived? Also, they had only been staying with the friend a few weeks. The mom has been married to him appr. a year... that being said the apt they moved out of was home to her for a longer time.

I believe LE when they state that she was lying. They didn't use those exact words, but it was clear enough.

If they took them in Monday night because of inconsistensies(sp) in their stories. Where were the police Fri, Sat, and Sun nights? Why wait 3 days? Investigators gone for the holidays?

How do we know it was only Monday night?

I think LE has done a FANTASTIC job. I for one am going to give them the benefit of the doubt because they have EARNED it. I am not going to second guess anything they have done thus far.

The media reporting on this case...not so much.

there are many adult relationships and inter relationships that need explored in this case... and also past history of the parents..

but I know...

hands
are
tied
here.

nonetheless this is where the answer lies imhoo

I realize all of that, but, bottom line is, if it's not the truth - it's a lie. And to try and color it any different, to me, is trying to enable those who sure don't need enabling right now. Many people have bad lives, just like you described...but they tell the truth when a child is missing.

Yes, definitely. People who don't have something to hide, or don't have some big problems do tell the truth when a child is missing. Yes.

I try to understand how and why someone might do what they do. Not to enable them and think, oh, poor person. But to better understand. It helps in interpreting/understanding other things. If I believe that someone lies through omission, or says things that are meant to lead me to fill in the blanks, it helps me understand and act accordingly. (For example, if I know someone says things that encourage me to fill in the blanks, I ask more specific questions to find out what SHOULD be in the blanks, instead of assuming).

Nothing that I wrote should be construed as excusing or enabling this parent. And that's probably way more than enough, because it is looking pretty off topic to me now.... Sorry.

Just a thought, could JF have gone to SD's house to get the video game, saw something he should not have seen, ran back to the home where he was staying with mom (Mona or SD whent after him to stop him from talking), called mom said it was an emergency, Mona entered the home asked who he was talking to on the phone, he hung up, mom called back, Mona anwered and asked who it was, Mona asked JF if AD was his mom. Mona stopped him from talking.

It seems possible.

1:30 - he 'runs back to house for video game"
1:45 - stepfather sees him - but I'm not sure where; old home, or new home? Does he follow the boy back to the babysitter/roommate's home to have a talk about something the boy saw? Did someone think it wasn't enough to have a talk and went to the boy after stepdad left, the raspy woman?

Do we know for FACT that when AD and DD split that DD got his own place or did AD move elsewhere?

In case my hypothesizing is misunderstood, I am not saying that AD is not telling lies. I was explaining why she could feel justified in critiquing how LE has handled things. Perhaps in her mind, she hadn't actually told any lies...

Clearly, She was not being forthcoming with all that she knows, from the beginning. Perhaps due to fear, perhaps due to incompetence, perhaps due to coercion by DD. I am not convinced she had a hand in JF's disappearance, other than putting him in harms way through her acquaintances. IMO.

Tks. I am not either. Still somebody had to tell her that Jonathan left the home (her babysitter's home and also her current home) to go to stepdad home for a video. Did stepdad tell her that?
The phone call she received at work, was that from her new home?
The missing phone, also from her new home?
Stepdad seeing Jonathan last, was that at his home?
When Mom went home from work and could not find Jonathan. Did she go to her old home or new home?.
Too many "which home" questions.

"Allegedly" it is the step-father that owns the car.

That is ***ASSUMING*** that the car that belongs to the SD was actually used for the crime. Just because it was towed as evidence does not mean it was used in the commission of the crime. We are assuming that for good reason, but it has not been confirmed yet.

Yes, definitely. People who don't have something to hide, or don't have some big problems do tell the truth when a child is missing. Yes.

I try to understand how and why someone might do what they do. Not to enable them and think, oh, poor person. But to better understand. It helps in interpreting/understanding other things. If I believe that someone lies through omission, or says things that are meant to lead me to fill in the blanks, it helps me understand and act accordingly. (For example, if I know someone says things that encourage me to fill in the blanks, I ask more specific questions to find out what SHOULD be in the blanks, instead of assuming).

Nothing that I wrote should be construed as excusing or enabling this parent. And that's probably way more than enough, because it is looking pretty off topic to me now.... Sorry.

Bottom line............ she feared looking like a bad parent more than she feared for her son's life.

Maybe she thought he would come bouncing in the door and no one would be the wiser that she left him home alone. Which IMO isn't a big deal.

Just a thought, could JF have gone to SD's house to get the video game, saw something he should not have seen, ran back to the home where he was staying with mom (Mona or SD went after him to stop him from talking), called mom said it was an emergency, Mona entered the home asked who he was talking to on the phone, he hung up, mom called back, Mona answered and asked who it was, Mona asked JF if AD was his mom. Mona stopped him from talking.

Wow. That really makes sense of the pieces. Thank you for posting your theorizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa